My last post, on Monday, was of the wooden reindeer and sleigh that Bud made -EIGHT tiny REINDEER for me years ago. I mentioned in one of my comment replies that maybe a thin leather cord with jingle bells would be better than the ribbon I've always used for the reins...I just may go to the craft store and get those supplies and change it before my sister arrives. I ask myself now, "Should I"?
If you ask me a trip to the craft store is always a good idea. The Christmas cactus is beautiful. I had one years ago but like all plants that live in my house, it eventually died. It was probably the longest living one I had though.
ReplyDeleteThey are tough but if neglected will fade away.. Here, they do well outdoors too.
DeleteBeautiful, Anni! And that last photo of the center piece is just gorgeous! The red makes the whole thing just POP! And I can't get over that it's artificial because it looks REAL!
ReplyDeleteOnce again, well done! Have an awesome day, Anni! Happy Holidays!
Thanks Ron. Y'know by now, I love decorating! I always put out artificial poinsettias 'cause they don't stay pretty long enough.
DeleteHello,
ReplyDeleteYour Christmas Cactus blooms are beautiful. Maybe a little birding on the way to the craft store. Take care, have a happy day!
I've thought of driving to the yearly "hang-out" for S H cranes. Maybe today's the day.
Deleteyour christmas cactus is gorgeous and makes me miss the one we had for 30 years that was my mo thers. when bob had a stroke in 2017 he was unable to care for the outside plants and i never even thought of the cactus until it was dead. i could have saved it. i will not give advice on decorating, i might jinx you... love the fake and the real and could not tell they are fake
ReplyDeleteThat's a shame your cactus didn't survive.
DeleteOh, my! Those cactus blooms are just beautiful...andcthe fake is pretty, too.
ReplyDeleteThanks Rose!
DeleteI agree that for you a trip to the craft store is always a good idea. You come up with some of the best ideas! :-)
ReplyDeleteIt will be a task to get figured out. Maybe that's why I used ribbon all these years. 😊
DeleteLove your Christmas cactuses in bloom! They're such gorgeous flowers!
ReplyDeleteThey are pretty, and oh so delicate.
DeleteI LOVE your Christmas cactus! Beautiful photos too! My granddaughter is a grower of them and they love her back with magnificent blooms.
ReplyDeleteShe has the magic touch!
DeleteThe Christmas cactus blooms are just incredible. That pink one especially is so beautiful. They are both thriving.
ReplyDeleteThey are...and blooming for the season!
DeleteYou are a good caregiver. Your Christmas Cactus attest to that. I really like the idea of the leather reins and bells. Perfect.
ReplyDeleteIt remains to be seen...dunno if I can find the gumption!
Deleteyour Christmas cactus is stunning, with abundant blooms. What is the gorgeous pink flower? your centerpiece is gorgeous and absolutely perfect.
ReplyDeleteThe pink is also a Christmas cactus.
DeleteYour decorations are always so inspiring. To me the ribbons work beautifully but knowing how you love to decorate, I'll bet we do see the leather reins soon.
ReplyDeleteI do miss our Christmas Cacti that always bloomed out of season. My indoor exposure really never worked best for them and so they just faded away...
Hope you see some SandHill Cranes and we get to see them via you.
Sue
I haven't gone anywhere today...it seems like ribbons are here to stay this time.
DeleteI love the Christmas cactus, and your centerpiece too. Your love of decorating really shows Anni. I need a few tips :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Denise.
DeleteBeautiful Christmas cactus blossoms you've captured! Mine will finally live up to its name and not be a Thanksgiving cactus. It should bloom in the next few days. The artificial arrangement is very decorative with so many eye-catching elements.
ReplyDeleteYay for blooming around the Christmas holiday!!
DeleteYour Christmas floral photos are awesome. I love all of the arrangements.
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas!
Thanks. I left a comment for you on your pet blog. Dunno if it went thru...will check back later.
DeleteTHEY ARE PURTY (HILL TALK).
ReplyDeleteTHE Christmas cactus reminds me of the homecoming movie.
I've not seen the movie, but I LIKE purty!!
DeleteThe homecoming, a Christmas story with Patricia Neal, and Richard Thomas
Delete1971, :)
A classic.
DeleteLike everyone else I think the cactus is beautiful too.
ReplyDeleteA walk around the craft store is always a good idea. :)
Yes, a fun jaunt thru the aisles!!
DeleteGo to the craft store only if it sounds like fun. otherwise maybe do it for a lark sometime after christmas?
ReplyDeleteFor now, I kinda changed my mind. I like your idea tho.
DeleteChristmas cactus always makes me think of my Grandma. She had a huge one.
ReplyDeleteThey are so pretty!
They ARE very pretty & delicate.
DeleteYour Christmas Cactuses are lovely. Mine are already done. There are still a few buds just sitting there and not opening. I'm getting tired of looking at them and may nip them off.
ReplyDeleteI have those buds too. It's like they're teasing us.
Delete❤️
ReplyDelete😊
DeleteI'm with Ann.... it's never a bad idea to go to the craft store! *lol* I think I will like the leather reins better too, although the ribbon is darling always. ~Andrea xoxoxo
ReplyDeleteI tried it, didn't care too much for it, so put the ribbon back.
DeleteI too just love your Christmas cactus. I had one years ago, but now I just have some artificial decorations, except for the pine cones.
ReplyDeleteThanks!
Delete