Eight Tiny Reindeer...


Mari from My Little Corner of the World mentioned she would like to see the sleigh and reindeer that Bud stylized and cut with the jigsaw years ago. I asked him to make them where I can tear them apart year after year to pack away in the smallest possible storage box after the season was over. He complied. Each piece of the sleigh slides in place, also stackable and less space needed. The reindeer each have four parts. The antlers, the front legs, the back legs and then the body. Each piece fits snug as a bug in a rug! And each can be stacked and stored with very little space needed. No bulkiness at all. So, I will try and show you the set. He has a sleigh [stained green and the runners are a dark walnut brown]. The reindeer are as close to the 'real color of natural hide' as possible. He also put a slit in each antler pair for ribbon|reins...


And this year, Santa has a little help with being pushed for a jump start...his bag is mighty heavy for take off!

To show you a bit of perspective, the deer/sleigh under the tree from kitchen view...

Guesstimations: Sleigh [about 16" long x8" wide x6-8" tall] and reindeer [each about 5"-6" wide by 10-12" tall and about 8" long nose to tail], after disassembled, can be stored in one plastic storage bin from Walmart.

50 comments:

  1. Hello Anni,
    Wow, looks beautiful. Your hubby is very talented. Have a great day, enjoy your new week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen. I will relay your message to Bud. 😊

      Delete
  2. I love this...love them... the deer are so, so cute. All looks so well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bud did an AWESOME job in creating the sleigh and reindeer, Anni! The two of you should open your own craft store where you could sell your creations, and also offer craft classes to customers!

    Love Santa's helper! Clever touch!!!

    Have an great Sunday, Anni!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ron. I've been thinking of getting leather cord and jingle bells for the reins...what do you think?

      Delete
  4. Wow, Bud is really good. They not only look great but they can easily be dismantled and packed away. I agree with Ron--there would be a market for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was a must to be able to tear it down for the year. It took several plans drawn up.

      Delete
  5. How cute they are! Bud did an awesome job and he's very creative!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He did good...I'm glad he did the project before arthritis set in.

      Delete
  6. Ooooooh Anni, how beautiful that sleigh is!! I absolutely LOVE it!! Your husband likes to work with wood too. Aren't we lucky gals? *haha* That little elf riding on the back of Santa's sleigh looks like he's enjoying the ride so very much! :-) ~Andrea xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. He wishes he could still work with wood, but the pain says differently.

      Delete
  7. Wow! That really is awesome. Your husband is talented!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful craftsmanship...You make such a talented couple. Love the sled and reindeer.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 🦌🎅🦌
      ...thanks

      Delete
  9. Hmmmm....Me thinks that Bud must have done his internship someplace north...like FAR North??? 🤣 What a fantastic set!! You must treasure it so....that is a great deal of work...especially making it dis-assemble-able (no wonder that isn't really a word....) Love it and it is perfect under your tree! ~Robin~ (PS....Your elves are still making me smile.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those elves can get crazy ideas!! Thanks Robin

      Delete
  10. How wonderful! He is quite talented, as are you. Love the entire tree, too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you miss my Christmas tree post with the close-ups?
      Thanks D J

      Delete
  11. This is so awesome!! Both Bud and you are very talented. And how awesome that it all comes apart and can be stored flat. I love how he made rounded edges on the reindeer, you don't even see that in store-bought ones! Everything about it is perfect, and it is perfect for under the tree! I am so glad you showed us, it is a masterpiece!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bud will appreciate your kind words Ginny.

      Delete
  12. P.S. I'm still enjoying your December blog look, it is so cheerful, cute, and uplifting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 🎅🦌😊
      😊🎅🦌

      Delete
  13. Bud did beautiful work on the sleigh and reindeer, You are both so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This set makes a lovely addition to your decorations .

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love it! Bud does great work. You are both very talented.
    Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being that your Bob does wood work of high caliber, I appreciate your words!!

      Delete
  16. What an amazing set. That's a real work of art.

    ReplyDelete
  17. A job well done.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  18. It can't have been easy to make the sleigh in such a way that it comes apart and lies flat. Even the reindeer come apart for storage!! Very well done!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took many plans drawn up before got started.

      Delete
  19. Awesome job by Bud, and I love that elf helping Santa. 😊❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...the elf thought it was the right thing to do.🎄

      Delete
  20. Heirloom work, and so pretty, too. Your house is always decorated so nicely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate your kind comment Holly.

      Delete
  21. What an incredible wood worker! The Display is beautiful for the holiday and disappears easily for storage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, most importantly, the packing away.

      Delete
  22. Bud is a most talented woodworker and he went to another level of excellence by making the break apart
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  23. Perfect that is constructed for a breakdown to be stored easily. Really a wonderful display!

    ReplyDelete
  24. are ya sure two don't work in Santa's workshop ? :)
    love the birds shots on the wall.
    have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dining room is loaded with birds. lol
      I used to live in the snow zones of Colorado. ⛄🥶⛄

      Delete
  25. So glad I happened back by here to see the wonderful handcrafted sleigh and reindeer. What a treasure!

    ReplyDelete

Table of Contents