Housekeeping...




I don't do much on the lines of decorating our home for Thanksgiving. At least not like I do for Christmas and Halloween. The theme is more or less Autumn instead of the holiday. But, it comes out as I put October's stuff away for the season. The mantle is not 'heavy' with much. A pumpkin, a gnome [new], a turkey [new], candles and just a short string of lights. The soft sculpture turkey is kinda unique. Its neck actually expands to the length you want. Like this...


The gnome is Autumn colors and he's riding an old fashioned, 3 wheeled, bike...

The large, centered coffee table in the living room has only two things worthy of "Thanksgiving"...that is a Native American Brave and his bride! That's it for the living room.

A small display on the dining room table and a few scarecrows made of resin decorate the the rest of the house...




The scarecrow I crocheted years ago. He sits this year...on a bale of straw with some acrylic table scatter [acorns and pumpkins with autumn leaves] and my porcelain autumn candle holders. I do have a pair of turkey salt and pepper shakers, but can't find them. Got tired of looking for them and gave up! lol

48 comments:

  1. Everything looks so beautiful and festive. Love it♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Anni
    Your decorations look beautiful., I like the sign "gather with grateful hearts."
    Have a great day and a happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is perfect for the holiday greeting. Thanks

      Delete
  3. Sure looks good but then you never fail. I fear my only decorations are my Pilgrim and his wife salt and pepper shakers and they are out all year. The Gather with grateful hearts is a lovely reminder of the purpose of the day of which sometimes can be lost.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm, a pilgrim salt/pepper. I like that idea.

      Delete
  4. Anni, I love how festive you are for the holidays! These are MARVELOUS! I love that crocheted scarecrow with the little turkey on his hat. So cute!

    Have a super Sunday, my friend!

    P.S. Love your blog header too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it's a crow...as in scarecrow.

      Thanks for being such a grand friend, Ron!!

      Delete
  5. Just the perfect amount! A transition period, which does not need too much. A pause, between the decor of Halloween and Christmas. A time of us (the decorators) and our house (the receptacle) to take a bit of rest. -smile-

    ALERT!!!!!

    "a Native American Brave and his bride"

    Eeeeeeeeeeeek!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Not allowed! Not allowed! Not allowed!

    The *Woke/Snowflakes* have spoken!!!!


    Haven't you been listening???????

    Eeeeeeeeeeek!!!!!!!

    If any *Woke/Snowflake* happens to read this post, they may *swoon* and hurt themselves!!!

    ✨ ✨ ✨ ✨ ✨ ✨

    ReplyDelete
  6. You never fail to send seasonal enjoyment out to us! So nice to see the colors of autumn displayed and there are just enough to cast the spell of the Month. You are surely an artist of many distinctions...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes you are an artist of many distinctions as Nookworm stated.
    Such lovely transitional things around. I wish I had the oomph to decorate like you do. I'll be doing good if I can get my tree up by Nov. 30 when we have our small group potluck Christmas Feast...definitely to be continued....
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually decorate our tree Thanksgiving day while the turkey is roasting.

      Delete
  8. For someone who says she's got "hardly any" decorations for Thanksgiving, I beg to differ. You've got a LOT, and it's wonderful. Thanks for sharing your home with me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely decorations! You are doing much more than we are here. We've just gotten some new furniture and haven't re-homed some of the old pieces yet. It's crowded here! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good reason to hold back.

      Delete
  10. You have quite a few Autumnal decorations, I'd say. I think because our Thanksgiving is in early October by now I'm ready to put it all away and start on Winter/ Christmas. Maybe this week....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christmas is a lot of fun for me...and pretty!!

      Delete
  11. It all looks warm and inviting, Anni... I used to decorate for each and every holiday...even st. Patrick's Day...And, if you know me at all, I don't do anything in a "small" way LOL. But, as the years flew by, I found it harder to keep up....It seemed it was all I could do to get the halloween down in time to get the Christmas up, the Christmas down to get the St. Valentine's Day up, etc. So, I cut out Thanksgiving and St. Patrick's Day, and really "simplified" (ha!) Valentine's Day....and, gee, I still can't keep up. But I put my "truly" Halloween stuff away first, so I always have a period of time with mostly just pumpkins and fall stuff. Oh so that's my theory LOL. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have valentine's, st Pat's, easter, 4th, Halloween, Thanksgiving & Christmas.

      Delete
  12. Very cute decorations. Once summer is over I tend to just go with fall type decorations until it's time to put up the christmas.
    Oh and that second pair of shoes on my post, I picked those up as a joke to see what my daughter would say if I told her I wanted those. They were ugly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Look the style of a street walker imo.

      Delete
  13. You decorate a lot more than I do. :) I only decorate for Christmas and even then not much. I guess I just like all my every day collections and stuff around.
    Your house does look nice a festive!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love it ALL! Two of my favorites are the acrylic acorn and the soft crow. But my very favorite is the Gnome on the bike. I MUST have him! WHERE did you get him?

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think your decorations look very nice, I do like the colours.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love seeing your decorations!! They look perfect and if I was not so neurotic - I would do as you do with three 'fall' seasons.....Fall, Halloween and Thanksgiving. I did that once. But only once since I put it all out there and then take it all down in time to do Christmas. Right now my house is looking vacant. I can't believe the amount of debris I had in here. Stillhave a couple more rooms to take down and then I can start filling them up again. After Christmas, though, I will leave the house 'vacant' as we are going to be getting new carpet and the less debris to deal with the better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a wise choice for you,I'm sure. New carpet? How exciting!

      Delete
  17. It looks very nice! I tend to just do Fall/Autumn through the whole season.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanksgiving is such an overlooked holiday. I miss what it used to be for our family when so many gathered for good food and heartfelt conversation. There's a local radio station that has an annual contest on when we think they will start playing Christmas music. They started November 1st this year. WAY TOO EARLY. Even the Christmas commercials are overkill. Your decorating helps put a pause on the Christmas hoopla,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. Our craft store had Christmas out on the shelves before school began!!

      Delete
  19. I'm fascinated with that turkey and its expanding neck! It can crane its neck to make sure no pilgrim with a blunderbuss is sneaking up on it! But most of all, I love your crocheted scarecrow. He is really unusual and so cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This year I have him sitting...he has a stand that Bud made long ago.

      Delete
  20. I love all your autumn decorations too, Anni. What do they say... less is more? I think your autumn decorations are "just right"... of course I think your halloween decorations are just right too! An expandable-necked turkey... I LOVE it!! :-) ~Andrea xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  21. the expandable-necked turkey, and the scarecrow, are my fav.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You shoulda been with me when I purchased it! The cashier grabbed it by the neck & and it stretched to ungodly length ...it was funny as all get out!!

      Delete
  22. I like the scarecrow and the little crow the best, but I loved looking at all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love to see your decor as toons...indent decorate much either except for christmas. But I love seeing what others do.

    ReplyDelete

Table of Contents