Here, There, This and That...


Some years ago, I attempted to paint some rocks [called kindness rocks] to hide along some of the pathways [hide in plain sight] for others to find. There is usually a picture depiction on the top side with a kind word or passage on the back side. Well, the one time I did, I did three stones and that was the end of that. I also painted another rock to make it look like an alligator [or some thought a dinosaur] head. I shared it here a couple years ago, but looking through my post labels I can't seem to find it. [addendum: Found it! Photo of rock HERE, and the others in post HERE] Well, a few weeks back when it was still too hot to be outdoors, I started another stone to paint. I finished it finally...




I have a couple other ones in mind, but I have to find the "just right" stone.

I mentioned ordering a metal sign that is "me" through and through. It arrived on Friday as promised. It was hung on the kitchen wall for permanent display before the day was out...



For Sunday dessert I finally used up all the apples that we bought at a roadside stand. We had a peck of tart cooking apples. I made apple crisp the other day [I froze some of it]. And then while watching football games we dined on warm apple pie a la mode! Thing is the pie played a nasty trick on me. I would guess what apples were left totaled about 3 pounds. I used them all! Yep, you guessed it. The filling over-flowed in the oven while baking. Now I have an oven to clean. Oh, goodie. [self cleaning it is, but when it's done the cycle, I still have to scrap out the ash. I'm retired. That shouldn't have to be. Ohh-h-h-h Bud? Hmmmm, he seems to have disappeared!! Guess it's up to me to clean the ash...even if I did find him, I wouldn't be able to convince him the pie was baked for HIM.

With my heart health issues, I don't wanna be unprotected if I happen to have to make a trip to the ER. So, this weekend I also got a booster shot for Covid. What harm can it do? I know there are breakthrough cases reported, and the mandates are unconstitutional; but for me personally, it's playing it safe. Bud, the aged one has yet to make an appointment. He says he will, but that remains to be seen. Anywho....we went out to dinner afterward just 'cause I thought I deserved it being punched in the arm and all. The pain in the arm? Guaranteed I'll milk it all it's worth to get out of cooking! We went Mexican. A yummy LARGE margarita and Chili Rellenos!



It was delicious. And yes, my margarita has no salt on the rim....ordered that way by me. Again, with heart disease, I don't need MORE salt.

One more thing, then I'll let you go [if you're still here with me]...we finished the jigsaw puzzle Monday. And tore that one up to take to the senior center and started another one. This time instead of 750 pieces, it's 1000.

56 comments:

  1. Cute rocks. That sign is just perfect for you.
    My boss got the booster shot last week and he said it really kicked him in the butt for 2 days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Except for sore arm, no adverse reaction....I feel like a million bucks - all green & wrinkled!!

      Delete
  2. Hello,
    I love the penguin rock, you did a great job. The apple crisp sounds yummy. Hubby is watching his salt intake and blood pressure. I will get the booster as soon as I am able. I had the Pfizer and I am past the 6 month period now. It is best to be safe than sick with the virus. My hubby has a small dose booster of the moderna . Hubby did not have any side effects. Take care, have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to know there were no or little side effects.

      Delete
  3. Anni, I can remember where, but I remember reading something about "Kindness Rock" and thought it was such a beautiful idea. Yours are FANTASTIC! So talented you are. I have a love of penguins, so the one you shared in this post really made me smile.

    LOVE the metal sign! And me as well, I adore both cats and Halloween.

    That apple crisp looks deeeeelicious! I can literally taste it, just from your photo!

    Don't you love Mexican food?

    And well done on the puzzle! Beautiful!

    Have a super Tuesday, Anni!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mexican & Italian. My favorites. Yes, we are kindred spirits when it comes to so many likes & thoughts. Thanks Ron

      Delete
  4. Your apple crisp looks so yummy and I love your penguin rock! The puzzle does not look like it was an easy one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one we are going to start isn't gonna be easy either! lol

      Delete
  5. Such a wonderful cornucopia of topics & pictures, Anni.... and I love it all!!!!! That sign is precious and I too would keep it up all year round, if it pertained to me. And the overflowed pie.... gawd!!! I have a tendency to put either tin foil or a cookie sheet under anything like that. I have long since stopped trusting myself to get fillings "just right". ~Andrea XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't supposed to overflow!! lol

      Delete
  6. love the rocks, love the tin poster, it is sooooo you! on no on the oven cleaning but yum on the pie.. i don't bake, i buy, but i used to eat homemade if someone gave it to me. your rocks are perfect, if i painted one no one would pick it up. ha ha the gator is really cute. i looked at the links

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those in our bakeries are not fully cooked (the apples). That's why I make my own pies. No added salt to my crust & not heavy on the sugar (or sweetener if I have it on hand).

      Delete
  7. I got my booster as soon as I possibly could--only side effect was a sore shoulder for a few days. I feel grateful for it.

    The only pie I make is chicken or turkey pot pie. I stick to making crisps with fruits; it's much easier. We have a wonderful pie shop not too far away, so I let the professionals do my pies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I've ever made a meat pie. Always fruit (or pumpkin). I really have to make my own for no salt, less sugar, etc.

      Delete
  8. The jigsaw is absolutely GORGEOUS!! Good for you for getting the shot, then celebrating!! anyone who finds a rock painted by you will be very blessed. Yes, the sign is definately YOU!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my...thanks so much for your kind words Ginny.

      Delete
  9. I love finding those rocks along my hikes.
    The puzzle is beautiful.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really do love your rocks and the one that says Climb High...
    Wow, what a beautiful puzzle..the senior center will really be happy to get it.
    Oh boy do I hear you on the stinky-ness of over flowing pie..been there and done that a few too many times.
    I like how you celebrate with the yummy Mexican food.. Now I would like the exact same thing!!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could eat food like that all too often. Thanks Sue.

      Delete
  11. You sure made me hungry for apple pie of any sort. But I'll manage with just a plain old apple. Such an interesting post with lots of different things to think about. I would love to eat some Mexican food right now, too. Must be hungry. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sight of Mexican food is appetizing for me too!

      Delete
  12. Your painted rocks are good. I don't know what the protocol is with the kindness rocks. I painted a couple and "hid" them along the path in the park but by the time we made the trip around a second time someone had already made off with them.
    Your metal sign is absolutely perfect for you.
    I don't use the self-clean feature often because it takes over 4 hours to complete and smells the house up but last night I actually did and now I hope to avoid spill-overs for a long time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does stink when in use, but I figure it's doing the nasty work for me.

      Delete
  13. Your painted rocks were really cool--the gator even a bit scary. That was a fad for a while here and someone left one for me by my fence. I still have it. That puzzle looked brutal. That will keep the seniors out of mischief.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, they like rec'ng the puzzles I think.

      Delete
  14. I've heard of the painted rocks but I've never found one. That one you painted of the alligator is fantastic!!
    Nice that you got to go out to eat. We haven't eaten out in a very long time!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't go out to eat much anymore either. A new "normal".

      Delete
  15. I really like your new metal sign. Never ever having a self-cleaning oven, I line mine with heavy duty foil. it's not often that there is an overflow but better to be prepared! My young nieces and nephews are really into painting the "kind rocks." They live in the heart of a large city and it is very popular there. I never had a Margarita. Spicy foods are not my preference. Waiting for our town pharmacies to have boosters ready. It's time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most restaurants Mexican food is NOT spicy. In my opinion. But my homemade on the other hand...

      Delete
  16. THat pie looks tasty. I'll have a piece with ice-cream, please.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love those rocks you painted. Such a nice cheery thing to find on the trails and means a lot to people who find them. Your Halloween painting with the words. I love that too! “Ugh” on the overflow but that pie sure looked good. I’m hankering for it now. You are wise getting your booster shot. We got ours a few days ago, given by the pharmacist at our supermarket. It was so easy and we felt a whole lot better getting it done. Didn’t even have to make an appointment. We asked about regular few shots and shingle shots, and they told us about a pneumonia shot too. I will be going back for the flu one soon, and then the others in the not too distant future. You deserved that delicious meal AND the Margarita, which is my favorite cocktail. That jigsaw puzzle looks pretty and what a great idea to give it to the senior center. Thank you for sowing that seed, I have a few boxed ones around here. Great post Anni, an enjoyable read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh boy, didn't realize how long I had waffled until I saw it after publishing. Sorry about that! ;)

      Delete
    2. and once again that should have been regular 'flue' shots. my fingers are running faster than my brain today.

      Delete
    3. I like comments like yours/opinions. Makes blogging much more worthy!!

      Delete
  18. I like the rocks! And that sign is you for sure!
    I gave booster shots last week, to most of our residents and lots of staff too - 85 in all. I'm glad to be done with that task!

    ReplyDelete
  19. A very productive few days you have had! The cooking alone has me beat. The sign definitely fits you and was a wise investment. Like you, I prefer the margarita without the salt. No health reasons, but taste. That jigsaw puzzle is quite a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Neat jam-packed post! I love your rocks and am impressed by the puzzle. 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That puzzle was a pretty one to work! Thanks Jean.

      Delete
  21. Inkeep.thinking I want to try painting some Rocks but never do....

    We have to get the booster. We have had so.many appointments I have put it off.

    My niece had the shots soon as ssd's he could, and she still not Covid...is getting over it now..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Get the boosters,. no harm in my opinion. Just like flu, pneumonia, measles, mumps, polio, etc.

      Delete
  22. It's always so much fun to visit you! Your penguin looks great!! Anything you do looks good! And you do so many things, too!
    We haven't had a booster yet....not really against it or for it.....I'm so thankful we are all learning to live in this covid affected world. I've had two grandchildren and several cousins and others who have had covid and they have all recovered, thank the Lord.
    Ah, mexican food and a margarita!! My favorite combination! I have no heart problems and I eat a TON of salt - but my blood work is always good and for some reason my body needs this extra salt. My brother buster is the same way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I'd miss sodium intake, but have learned to live without added salt for the most part.

      Thanks Linda

      Delete
  23. I had to smile at your rock painting! That is so sweet of you and let me tell you, those painted rocks are really popular! I love finding them. I even have one that is of a cat curled up! You are so artistic! I am glad you got a booster. In for a penny, in for a pound! That Halloween sign is sure a keeper. Your Mexican food looks good! chiles rellenos, my fave.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love those rellenos too!!
      Thanks Holly.

      Delete
  24. Like the kindness rocks idea! I tried painting rocks once... wasn't too fond of the outcome. But yours are really cute! (Maybe I'll try again) We got our Pfizer booster last week... slept for 2 days after, then fine. Didn't have any reactions to the first two, so that was a surprise. But have spoken to some lately with the same reaction. And Love the Apple pie! I like mine with a little cheddar cheese on top.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dad used to have cheese on apple pie too!

      Delete
  25. rock painting is cool .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen some that are art museum quality!!!

      Delete
  26. Love your penguin rock, Anni. What a beautiful idea!

    And your apple crisp looks amazing!

    Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Neat sign!! And the pie looks delicious, mmmm! Cool rocks!! I've been painting them for years. I wasn't involved with The Kindness Project specifically, but did leave many around to be found. I've given many as gifts, and have even sold them. I just participated in an outdoor fall festival and a few sold that day, too. I still have a 3 drawer plastic craft container filled with unpainted ones, and lots of them already painted too. They range in size from the size of a maybe a dime, to ones that take up your whole hand. So much fun!
    ~Mary

    ReplyDelete

Table of Contents