
Language of Color....Yellow
The beauty and bountiful Spring Flowers are putting on quite a show of color now. Finally. The blossom arrival seemed slow this year, but it may be that we actually had a 'winter', and flowers did die off to a nice golden brown! I encountered patchy fog, drizzle, sun, humidity and drifting clouds on one morning. This is what I found, out walking the trails. The small pond shared is a birding hotspot called "The Willows" and a turtle added to the mix. I stopped at the falcon nest platform on the way home, and I am pretty sure the flowers along the road were a California Poppy [?]...the leaves sure reminded me of the same [#s 1, 2, and 3 in the series below]. Yellow seems to be the prevalent color right now...
- - -
Yellow is the most visible color of the spectrum. The human eye processes yellow first. This explains why it is used for cautionary signs and emergency rescue vehicles. Peripheral vision is 2.5 times higher for yellow than for red. Yellow has a high light reflectance value and therefore it acts as a secondary light source. Excessive use of bright yellow (such as on interior walls) can irritate the eyes.
Source
If yellow is your favorite color: You probably love to express your individuality by creating new ideas and sharing your collected knowledge with others, and might have a deep need for logical order in your everyday life.
Source
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)















Hello Anni,
ReplyDeleteThe flowers are beautiful, the yellow color is a cheery sight. Beautiful scenes and photos. Take care, have a great day and a happy new week!
Is your week good, so far?
Deleteyellow is my favorite color for flowers only. yellow flowers make me feel happy and now I know why. My mother was blind for the last five years of her life and about 10 years before she died she painted the kitchen and all the cabinets blinding YELLOW... when we went to visit, we walked in the door and i said OH MY GOSH MOTHER! YELLOW????????? now I know why she did it, her sight was going and that yellow was something she could SEE and not blinding to her. I do love yellow flowers. but the only thing yellow in my house or closet is the flowers on the kitchen table. Excellent shot of that turtle. I look more like them every day
ReplyDeleteTurtles are cute!!!
DeleteI'm starting to see lots of yellow around here. My forsythia are full of beautiful yellow blooms.
ReplyDeleteI learned something new about the color yellow. I didn't know that. I like yellow but it's not my favorite color and I don't think I have any yellow in my house at all except maybe some fake flowers.
I bet that bush is gorgeous!
DeleteYellow flowers are cheerful even on the most dreary day. Love the turtle too!
ReplyDelete😊🌻🌻😊
DeleteThe photo of the tree next to the winding path really speaks to me. It's a terrific shot.
ReplyDeleteI liked that scene too.
DeleteI love yellow, but it is not my favorite color. Daffodils catch my eye everywhere these days, and thanks to you, I now know why. :-)
ReplyDeleteI'm not crazy about yellow, except in nature. For me personally, no.
DeleteLove the turtle photo.. Yes, yellow is best in flowers. Is it your favorite color? I bet not. We're still waiting for our yellow fellows to bloom here.
ReplyDeleteNo. Yellow is 2nd least favorite (orange is #1). Purple & green are my favorites. Yours?
DeleteIt looks like spring! Such beautiful flowers. Yellow isn't my very favorite color except when it comes to flowers.
ReplyDeleteYes, for flower color, it's good.
DeleteI had no idea that yellow is the most visible color, Anni! Now I'm going to plant lots of yellow-flowered spring bulbs this coming autumn! :-) ~Andrea xoxo
ReplyDeleteIt certainly brightens the landscape after a long winter!!
DeleteGorgeous images (as always!) and very interesting information about the color yellow. It all makes perfect sense, doesn't it!
ReplyDeleteIt does.
DeleteMy favorite flower is the white daisy with the yellow center... makes me happy to see it! Otherwise, no, yellow flowers aren't my favorite although I agree they are cheery, and look so pretty among all the green. Pale pink roses and tulips probably also top my list.
ReplyDeleteMmmm, dusky pink roses are spectacular, I agree.
DeleteI love yellow flowers, although I think they suffer from the "familiarity breeds contempt" syndrome, being so "common." I read somewhere, once, that the higher the altitude, the more likely one is to find wildflowers that are blue-based. So no wonder along the Gulf Coast I was most familiar with the yellow ones! That little turtle thinks he is another Alexander the Great: "All I survey, I command."
ReplyDeleteThinking about it...I can see why the cool colors are seen in higher elevations!!
DeleteOhhhh, I am "feeling" Yellow today!!!! As you can see, from my Sig. Line. -smile-
ReplyDeleteBeautiful yellow flowers!
Wonderful new info, on yellow. Never knew it is the most visible or first visible or whatever.
When I was little, Yellow was my favorite color. Grown I tend to shades of pink, wine, etc.
But!!!!! "You probably love to express your individuality by creating new ideas and sharing your collected knowledge with others, and might have a deep need for logical order in your everyday life."
Anyone who reads my blog, knows, that I love to share collected knowledge with others!!!! -smile- And I do love order, or neatness, in my life! How about that?!?!?!?
🔆🌼💛🌼🌟🔆
Perfect!
DeleteYou are right. Yellow really does catch the eye. Maybe I should have a yellow car so I would be sure to be seen. Ah maybe not. Do like it in flowers though and my fence is all yellow now with Forsythia.
ReplyDeleteMy heavy lead foot, I really don't wanna be on 1st name basis with cops in my yellow GTO.
DeleteI love yellow but I cannot wear it on my top half. Makes me look like death warmed over.
ReplyDeleteAs for the road signs: While working at NCSU I took part in a pilot program in the Civil Engineering program. The purpose was to test the visibility of lime green for signs. All kinds of situations were tested. I see a few lime green signs here and there but Yellow is still the go too color.
Happy Monday
Hugs to you and your boyz,
Cecilia
I'd prefer yellow road signs compared to lime green!
DeleteI think yellow is one of my favorite colors...it needs to be soft though. Daffys and sunflowers just make me happy. Yellow near my face isn't a great combination.
ReplyDeleteLove all your photos of the gorgeous things you see on your walks.
This morning hubby yells SKUNK !
I rush to the window and see a skunk prancing with something in his mouth. By the time I get the camera he is gone..don't know where and I'm not thrilled to go exploring.
Got to do some research on them..ugh..not happy..there was no oder as it went by..thankfully.
Sue
Skunk wouldn't be good.
DeleteGreat floral beauties that radiate with warmth! Excellent series and thank you for the background information.
ReplyDeleteGlad you enjoyed the flowers & info.
DeleteThe spring blossoms sure are pretty!! Though I like yellow a lot, red is my favorite!
ReplyDeleteLove the turtle on the log.
I have seen a few photos of you...in red.
Delete💟
ReplyDelete😊
DeleteYellow is my favorite color. Always has been, always will be. On top of that I love turtles. Enjoyed your post.
ReplyDeleteCool.
DeleteOh, I love all the flowers. Some of them do look like a California Poppy. They ar e so pretty.
ReplyDeleteI was hoping someone would agree.
DeleteThe colour yellow just means Spring!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful photographs on your post.
My good wishes.
All the best Jan
Thank you Jan.
DeleteI do love yellow...but then I love all colors. Love your photos...wish I was there taking some with you.
ReplyDeleteAs for the heart, I was talking about the one of the little one forehead. But after you mentioned it, I can see the heart you were talking about. But I don't think I would ever have seen it on my own.
I saw both heart shapes.
DeleteThese facts about yellow are amazing, I did not know any of them! So some of these are Yellow Poppies? I have never seen a real one, only red.
ReplyDeleteThe first images.
DeleteI love yellow flowers...thank you!
ReplyDeleteI like all colors.
DeleteYour yellows are just delightful! Now I understand why bees are so attracted to yellow.
ReplyDeleteNever thought in that realm. You're right.
DeleteBeautiful flowers! Interesting facts about the color yellow I never knew! Funny I have very little yellow in my life including in my house and clothes!
ReplyDeleteI have no yellow in the house. Only one yellow blouse.
DeleteI love yellow esp in the Spring, but red is my fave. Little yellow in our house too, but lots of shades of red. I do remember a yellow blouse that I loved years ago, after seeing your comment above. Cherry post!
ReplyDeleteThanks Pam.
Delete