This is kinda a bit here and there, eclectic in photos, but all pertaining to Easter > > > Hoppy Bunny Day to y'all. I mentioned a few days ago, I made a cheesecake. Well, the two of us just finished it off. I used the pre-made graham cracker crust since it's so much less mess to clean up and actually cheaper than buying the box of crackers and throwing them away eventually, since they're never used up around here, and using your own sugar and butter to make one from scratch. Tastes just as good, and once the cheese batter [that is from scratch] is mixed to a smooth, and creamy texture it 'fits' the pre-made pie shell so much better; instead of my large 10" pie plates...fills up to the brim with purchased already made!!! It's delicious, but oh such a heavy dessert! Tiny, thin slices is plenty for each of us. I topped mine with my tart cherry pie filling...
...then my two Easter themed works of art. Long ago these were part of my drawings and painting. And yes, I realize that the walk to Golgotha [outside Jerusalem] was desert, this depiction is from the Sunrise Service here, on the beach...in Cole Park each Easter Morning. I painted the cross for Irene. The crown of thorns is stored in my art portfolio:
...lastly, a new platter for decoration in the house!
I could not resist buying this at our local grocery store. It was on sale for a couple of bucks, and the bunny was too cute to leave on the shelf!





Love your new platter and your drawing and painting! Cheesecake is one of my favorite desserts and the cherries are the perfect topping!
ReplyDeleteI like the tartness of cherries.
DeleteHello Anni
ReplyDeleteHappy Easter to you! Your cheesecake looks delicious! Pretty art work and the bunny platter is adorable.
have a great weekend.
Thanks. Have a blessed Easter Eileen.
DeleteThat cheesecake looks so good.
ReplyDeleteLove the paintings and that bunny platter is adorable.
I thought that bunny was so cute.
DeleteWe love cheesecake, Schwan's style. but never top it with anything. You did good, making your own filling. The bunny plate is charming.
ReplyDeleteThat's how our son likes it...plain, no toppings.
Deletemy sons, neither of them, liked birthday cake. they always wanted cheese cake instead. i would buy the jello cheese cake mix and make two and put their names on them. no one shared their cheese cake. they each ate the whole thing in 2 days. they never got home made anything from me. Happy Easter, your bunny plate is so cute
ReplyDeleteI've never even heard of jello cheesecake.
DeleteI didn't know you were also an artist (other than your beautiful photography)! What lovely work! Cheesecake looks done to a turn and the bunny platter is so precious I could not have left it on the shelf, either!
ReplyDeleteIt called me out..
Delete"Hey sucker?".
Your cheesecake looks delicious. Cheesecake is my all time favorite dessert. Your artwork is gorgeous Anni, you are so talented. Love the little bunny plate too. Have a wonderful Easter!
ReplyDeleteHappy Easter to you too.
DeleteReally liked your drawing and painting. You are so multi talented. The cheesecake looks so yummy and I see why that bunny came home with you. He is adorable.
ReplyDeleteHe IS adorable.
DeleteHappy Easter...
ReplyDelete🐇🎀🐇🎀🐇🎀🐇
Happy Easter
DeleteOooo I think I would have bought that plate too...so cute and perfect for this season.
ReplyDeleteI do love your art work and the walk to Golgotha is amazing.
Celebrating Easter via the internet this year and then our son, daughter in law and granddaughter will bring dinner over for us. It's going to be a good day.
Happy Easter
Sue
I'll be fixing deviled eggs. Been kinda a tradition over the years.
DeleteI haven't made a cheesecake for some time. I've used the pre-made crusts too and I agree it ends up being cheaper. I better make one soon.
ReplyDeleteLove your Easter art!
Don't forget to share!!
DeleteYour drawings are wonderful, down to every little detail. I love the way you have drawn the thorns. I want to shop at your grocery store! I would have bought this plate as well. I always use pre-made crusts.
ReplyDeleteI love our local grocery.
DeleteHappy Easter!
ReplyDeleteThanks Jean
DeleteHappy Easter!
ReplyDeleteHappy Easter!
ReplyDeleteCheesecake and pumpkin pie - love both. My cheesecake is made in a spring form pan so can't use the pre-made crusts. We eat up the graham crackers here. I like them with butter.
ReplyDeleteHave a Blessed Easter.
Ohhhh, I too love pumpkin pie
DeleteThat cheese cake looks delicious! My husband would be in heaven if I ever made one from scratch (minus the graham cracker crust-I agree- the store bought is good and cheaper too!)Cute Easter plate. Happy Easter to you and yours!
ReplyDeleteWithout making the mess with the crust, I think it's easy.
DeleteThat is an adorable bunny and well worth bringing home. And that cheesecake looks yummy! Happy Easter! :-)
ReplyDeleteIt was delicious.
Deletevery cute bunny.
ReplyDeleteand very hoppy day to you :)
Right backatcha!
DeleteWishing you. a Happy Easter.
ReplyDeleteSame from me to you!
DeleteHope all is well and have wonderful Easter.
ReplyDeleteCoffee is on and stay safe
Thanks Dora
DeleteDelicious dessert that deserved more than a thin slice! :-) Those works of art are beautiful. Happy Easter to you and your family!
ReplyDeleteThanks...same to you Steve.
DeleteWhat is it about bunnies? I'm crazy about them, too. I had one as a pet years and years ago, given to me by a friend. She was a black satin rabbit, a real beauty I named Shiloh.
ReplyDeleteAwwww, Shilo...great name!!
DeleteYou are so talented!
ReplyDelete