Yard Work...Foggy Morning...


It's been a few days since I've created a blog. Bud and I have been hard at work outdoors in the morning hours on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. By the time we called it quits for the day, I was too tuckered out to even think of getting online to type. LOL Reason I've been awol is the job we've been working on...tearing out the old soaker hose around the foundation of the house [the soil here in South Texas shrinks when there is a drought, creating havoc with interior walls so it has to be soaked to avoid shrinkage]. After the old stuff was finally torn out and disposed of, we then began laying new hose and getting it around the entire house. A three day job. It's done tho. So...on Thursday morning at 6:30 a.m., it was a clear day [around home at least], I decided to go to the park in Calallen along the river in hopes of seeing deer and those favorites...the winged critters. Guess what? I ran into dense fog about 15 miles down the highway. It got more dense before I arrived, and by 9 a.m. it hadn't lifted yet. I had to drive home in the fog too. But, before I got home, it had all cleared out and blue sky and sunshine made me happy. I will share these photos today...and more on my next post.

It was beautiful!!!  I did see deer in the fog, and a few birds...




...more to come.

Nature Friday

57 comments:

  1. Thank you! I love fog, as long as I don't have to drive in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it was foggy. That cardinal sure stands out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It posed for me & flew off quickly.

      Delete
  3. We had fog too but not as dense as you did! Fog is so beautiful - as long as you don't have to drive in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the crazy drivers that scare me...in foggy conditions.

      Delete
  4. Hello,
    We had some foggy mornings too. Cool captures of the deer and cardinal in the fog.
    Take care, have a happy Friday and a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know by now it's one of my favorite birds, I never tire of photographing them!

      Delete
  5. Fog always offers the opportunity for enchanting compositions, which some photos do evoke, especially around the water! You must be exhausted from all of that hard work. Look at it is a successful completed project. :-) We're trying to complete our leaf raking as Monday is the last day for free leaf pick-up. We have two of the tallest trees in the neighborhood. A disdain for our neighbors. Tomorrow promises rain. Have a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leaf pick up is a chore, I'm sure!

      Delete
  6. Anni OMCs what gorgeous nature shots. I love fog...it is said it arrives on little cat paws...and I agree. The deer and Cardinal are posing beautifully
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how I adore your photos, Anni...and the fog makes them appear so mysterious and otherworldly! Thank you so, so much for sharing these. I love them.😊😊

    Have a super weekend!

    Big Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love the moody changes when fog blankets the air and shrouds everything in its path.

      Delete
  8. Beautiful "foggy" photos! The one I like the best is the on with the cardinal in it! Thank you! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fog makes everything so very different than sunny shots. Mysterious comes to mind. These are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the silence the misty air creates.

      Delete
  10. Fantastic shots! I love fog but definitely don't like driving in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't care to drive in it either.

      Delete
  11. I love the fog. It makes everything seem so quiet and serene. And look at how that brilliant scarlet cardinal stands out--so breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cardinal, I never get tired of seeing their beauty (even the scarlet-tipped silver female)

      Delete
  12. I do love fog. It seems to soften the rough edges of the world. You had to have been pretty close to the deer to capture them in that fog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...probably a few hundred feet. I have a powerful zoom lens.

      Delete
  13. Beautiful fog photos! And I did not know that you have to soak the Adobe and have never heard this or seen it on TV or even thought about it. And now my pondering mind has gone off to when they first started building these adobe's way back a hundred years ago 200 years ago maybe 300 years ago how did they soak them then? Do you know?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It isn't adobe...it's the soil the houses are built on ...shrinking when dry, making cement foundations crack.

      Delete
  14. Deer are actually rather cute seeing them through the fog. You manage to find beauty in so many places around you. And your pictures are always uplifting. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deer are beautiful to me in ALL weather.

      Delete
  15. Gorgeous fall photos! My favorite is the cardinal on the bench. In the one, almost all you can see is the deer's white tail! Take breaks and don't wear yourself out! What a job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They didn't like my intrusion...quickly left the scene.

      Delete
  16. Wow! What beautiful photos! I really enjoy foggy morning walks, everything looks so surreal. The deer photos are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. There is something special about fog.

      Delete
  17. So true...they quickly disappeared from ME after I took their photos.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well, you got some great fog shots of the deer and the Cardinal! Those are wonderful! I love foggy mornings, especially when you can get out and see God's beauty in the midst of it all! Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's a whole new world in the fog. But, I rather like it. And, you got some good ones! We are still working on our long list of things to get finished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seems it's a never-ending job of work.

      Delete
  20. I don't like driving in fog, but it does make for some lovely atmospheric photographs :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sounds like hard work, bet you're glad to be done.
    Love your foggy photos, beautiful.
    My favorite one is the cardinal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a bit hard, but necessary. The majority favors the cardinal. 😊

      Delete
  22. Those foggy pictures are amazing. I think they have drama added to them. I love each one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such pretty photos! I love a foggy morning and seeing the deer in the fog makes it even better.
    PS - I am dealing with a lot of joint issues and it's looking like it might be rheumatoid arthritis. I'll be updating my blog with info next week. Thanks for asking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds painful. Hope something can help.

      Delete
  24. Absolutely magical !!!
    That dense fog made some real wall hangers.
    The first one of the deer is a winner as they all are.
    Silent...still...morning secrets...
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...and like magic, proof! they disappeared in the fog.

      Delete
  25. Oops, I got so involved with the fog photos I completely forgot to say well done on that backbreaking work around your house. I had no idea that had to be done to keep the foundation from cracking. Wow, what a major deal.
    I know when Dave and I tackle that kind of task we are totally pooped too. It does keep us on the younger side.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can be a major finacial set-back too!

      Delete
  26. I love these foggy shots...specially the ones of the deer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a oretty view through the fog.

      Delete
  27. Love these foggy pictures. My favorite is the one with the two deer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were so pretty through the fog!

      Delete
  28. Re your comment on my hawk shot today...I did have to work on it to get as clear as it was. I use the HDRish tab on picasa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was curious how you did that. It was like an aura!

      Delete

Table of Contents