Once at the last intersection, choose between I-37 to San Antonio or TX hwy 181 to Portland, over Harbor Bridge. After crossing the port channel, only a short two or three city block length of road construction then...out of it all and on my way to cross the Nueces Bay causeway, heading toward the exit to Indian Point.
When I arrived, there was a lot of park street flooding...high tide!! I finally parked and got out to walk, a very thin shroud of fog was present. I walked but only along the shoreline since most everything was muddied or under water. Birds I saw were oystercatchers, gulls, pintail ducks, sandpipers, willets, plovers, herons, and egrets...totaling around 4000-4500 steps before pivoting to return to the parking lot.







Back in the car, I then drove [driving since most was flooded and walking was nixed] to the other side, entering Sunset Lakes. I walked another 3500 steps before getting back into the car to head for the grocery store...
_ _ _
On my list of groceries, one item was essential...milk. Chocolate milk to be more specific. But this brings me to a question for you...would you spend $8.00 for a gallon of milk?!! I do. Crazy, I know, but...For good reason. I also spend more for egg nog too during the season...Southern Comfort Egg Nog at $5.48 for a half gallon. [my math says that is nearly $11.00 a gallon] Other than Mootopia being lactose free [doubly pasteurized for longer shelf life], I get what I pay for with taste sensational!! This milk, store brand, is called Mootopia. And low in fat or fat free, it's like drinking a chocolate shake...less sugar, more protein, no or little fat depending on your fat content preference. With vitamins and good healthy stuff added. Seriously, I could live off this stuff. Here's the rundown:- Mootopia contains the same high‑quality milk protein
found in traditional milk ‑ there's just more of it! We start with delicious milk and ultra‑filter it to concentrate the protein and calcium while removing unnecessary sugars and lactose. The result? Smooth and creamy goodness that provides you with 60% more protein, 50% less sugar and 50% more calcium than flavored milk.



I've never heard of Mootopia, but I bet I would love it. Now I want chocolate milk. Wow, what an awesome and rare sighting of a Fog Bow!! And your picture of it is really good,too!
ReplyDeleteMootopia isn't nation wide...it's a Texas "brand".
DeleteI love your pictures!
ReplyDeleteThanks Jean
DeleteYour photos are always lovely and tell their own story Anni.
ReplyDeleteI see nothing wrong with spending more for something that we enjoy.
Hubby counts his steps, too. I walk but I don't count my steps...but I know that I walk at least four miles a day...weather permitting ☔
If you carry a smartphone with you, your installed health app will count your steps too.
DeleteI rarely buy milk and because I'm incredibly cheap I wouldn't spend that much on it if I did. I did recently buy a 1/2 gallon of 2% milk and it was just over $2. It's good to know that your chocolate milk does contain milk :)
ReplyDeleteBetter than containing kerosene or the like!
DeleteI have never seen this type milk in our store but I really never looked but I Do by lactose-free milk for myself and I buy skim milk for Bob. He's the one that likes chocolate milk so I buy him Nestle's Quik chocolate syrup and he puts that in one glass a day and makes a chocolate shake. I also have never seen a fogbow and that is absolutely beautiful. About your comment on the blog today I agree 100% with every word that you said about the doctor's today
ReplyDeleteWell, you won't see this milk in Florida Sandra...it's a Texas brand only. As for the doctors, that makes two of us!! One thousand per cent. Drug ads in mags & on tv proves our theory.
DeleteHello,
ReplyDeleteBeautiful views, love the fog bow. the last two shop trips, our store was out of milk. Hubby drinks 2% milk and I drink almond milk. I think the hoarding has begun again. Various items are sold out and or re-stocking is not happening. Take care, stay safe! Have a happy day!
Regarding the hoarding...here we go again.
DeleteHa ha, they really had to put the "contains milk" warning on the package?? Haven't had chocolate milk since grade school. Not sure my store even carries it but I bet I look next time and will check the price. We all deserve a treat.
ReplyDeleteThus chocolate milk (for some reason) doesn't effect my heart rhythm. I'll take it!
DeleteI love the fog-bow photo! You certainly get out and about! Lots of nice photos here, but the chocolate milk doesn't do a thing for me. In fact, nothing chocolate does.
ReplyDeleteChocolate candy & cakes, brownies, candy, really do a number on my heart rate. But, I can drink the milk with no I'll effects.
DeleteFantastic photos! Not sure I could bring myself to pay that price. Of course, I go to the store weekly so maybe as a once in a while thing? I drink 2% milk but only in my coffee or a rare bowl of cereal so we don't go through a lot of it (husband doesn't drink milk and the kids usually don't either though I do sometimes get them some chocolate milk). Hope you have a wonderful week!
ReplyDeleteBud stopped drinking milk too!
DeleteThe fog bow is so cool, I've never even knew there was such a thing! That chocolate milk sounds delicious. I don't think I've had chocolate milk since I was a kid, but thanks to you now I'm craving it! I hope my store carries that brand.
ReplyDeleteLike I posted it's store brand & ONLY in Texas.
DeleteThe fog bow is just beautiful! The only chocolate milk that I drink is chocolate almond milk and it's good but not as good as the real deal.
ReplyDeleteYou are the 2nd one that mentioned almond milk.
DeleteA "fog bow"... I had never heard of such a thing, Anni. Thank you for the teaching lesson today. ~Andrea xoxo
ReplyDeleteIt isn't that common.
Deletethe Fog Bow is so beautiful. When we lived just below San Francisco..10 miles or so, we had fog constantly..I really don't ever remember seeing a BOW like that in my 41 years there. Fog can be pretty for photographing but I definitely don't miss it at all. Driving in it was always an "adventure".
ReplyDeleteI don't think I have had Chocolate milk in many years. In fact I don't buy milk any more. It was my go to breakfast with cereal. I feel so much better with my change of diet.
Sue
Changing diet to fit your system DOES make you feel better, I agree.
DeleteThe fog bow is an amazing sight.
ReplyDeleteIt is...the 2nd one I have seen in my 70+ years.
DeleteI love x 1,000,000 anything chocolate. Color me curious on this new 'milk'! I will look for it this week. Just heard the stores will be putting limits on paper products this week.
ReplyDeleteI'm prepared this time. Never ever will I be caught without tp again.
Hugs Cecilia
Ok just read your answer to Sandra...that is a Texas milk
DeleteNo matter now I want chocolate milk PERIOD.
Yep...Texas only
DeleteI stocked up on TP and continued to buy the limit of 2 each time I went to shop...me too, no shortage if I can help it.
DeleteBeautiful.
ReplyDeleteThanks
DeleteA fog bow - new one for me.
ReplyDeleteNo, no $8 milk for me - I'm too cheap! :)
If I want chocolate milk, I just put in a couple teaspoons of Nestles Quick. Haven't had choc. milk in ages though, I love white milk and drink plenty of it.
I know...it's VERY extravagant.
DeleteToo Funny - A Few Decades Back, I Remember Folks Were Freaking Out About The Price Of Gas, Nobody Gave A Rats That I Was Spending $5 For A Gallon Of Milk - I Remember That Like Yesterday - Thanx For That - Be Well
ReplyDeleteCheers
I've often thought the same Travis.
DeleteI'd not heard of a fogbow before!
ReplyDeleteThe photograph shows it well.
Happy mid-week wishes.
All the best Jan
It's just not an everyday happening.
DeleteI would love to try the Mootopia. We have a small country store that sells non-homogenized milk from a local dairy. It is so delicious and rich, with the cream on top. Although, it is just a treat, once in a while. Love the photo of the rainbow.
ReplyDeleteI remember my grandmother had whole milk straight from the cow. I didn't like it, raised on pasturized.
DeleteI love the fogbow!
ReplyDeleteI never heard of mootopia but now I want some!
You'd love it!
DeleteI've never heard a fogbow before, so it was really interesting to actually see one for the first time. Thank you so much for that, it looks amazing!😊😊
ReplyDeleteWOW, I'd love to try mootopia too...I wonder if I could find some here...
Have a great day!
Hugs xxx
It's a rare occurence.
DeleteI love seeing people fishing off the bridge like that. I imagine their easy and relaxed conversation and merely passing the day away, fishing and enjoying it.
ReplyDeleteGreat photo of the fogbow. Such a cool phenomenon.
...and the start fishing before sunrise most days!
DeleteIf it is healthy, I think it is $8 well spent...
ReplyDeleteSupposedly more healthy. The taste is what sold me.
DeleteWow, I've never seen or even heard of a fog bow before. What an amazing sight.
ReplyDeleteI'm also very impressed by how many steps you walked.
Yep, the bow is very rare!
Delete