Along Shoreline/Ocean Drive...Part I


Hurricane Hanna is now in the past, making landfall south of Corpus Christi. We had high winds, lots of rain, and threatened with tornadoes. The worst was, electricity went out & stayed out for a day and a half. Once the power was restored, I was again a happy camper.


As you know if you follow me somewhat, I try to get my morning walk each day [some days are skipped, but I try]. And I sit early in the morning, before I leave the house,trying to figure out where to go for a different scene and little to no people out and about at that hour for virus issues. Recently, I took a leisurely stroll along the downtown area, on Shoreline Blvd. Part Culture such as art centers, entertainment venues, the yacht club, a park like median between the four lanes of traffic. One side going south on Shoreline is the motel/hotel and restaurants, while the seaside is the culture, parks and seawall. As I said in between the traffic lanes, there is a green belt so to speak...here, I walked the other day:

I stopped in the shade for a while to cool down and sit by the fountain at the art center...I like to call it the fountain of youth.










I then walked the seawall back to the car.  It was getting a bit too populated by that time, traffic, joggers, walkers, boaters and city workers working on cleaning streets, mowers, and landscapers.  Time to leave this area.  And head further down the boulevard to where  Shoreline turns into Ocean Drive.  More smaller parks along the sea side and residential area on the dry side....

Part II coming up.

40 comments:

  1. I love getting to see YOU! And the sculptures of the children around the fountain. They are wonderful. The first picture was hard to tell if they are real children or not! This artist really has their movements down perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always enjoyed this fountain/sculpture...reminding me of my youth (before computers took over lives of children)

      Delete
  2. I love the picture of you, too. :) You have a great choice of walks to take.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to go out to a different area a lot...but I do have favorite areas.

      Delete
  3. My favorite photo today is the picture of you. It is rare to get to see you and this is such a good picture. And you and yam both are standing on one foot with the other foot out in the air and I just came from her blog and told her if I fall over it will be her fault and now it'll be your fault too. I must say if I went that long without power I would be really crazy because no power means no internet yikes. And in this heat however did you stay in the heat with no air conditioning. That said I am so glad that you survived with nothing but power loss. I thought of you every month every time I saw Hannah on the screen and that was a lot. This is a really beautiful place to walk and I love those people tiptoeing across that wall

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't like the no electricity either! Just for those two reasons...especially AC

      Delete
  4. I agree with the others; you look great! Such a nice photo. Thanks for sharing such a lovely walk with us. About 5 years ago, we went without electricity for 9 days due to an ice storm....hope that never happens again! Wishing you a nice start to the week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The most for us was 6 days during Hurricane Harvey on 2017. I know just what you mean.

      Delete
  5. No electricity drives me crazy when it's just for a half hour or so. I couldn't imagine a day and a half. I would probably have to be insitutionalized.
    I like that you threw in a picture of yourself with the rest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, I just tossed myself in for good measure. Lol

      Delete
  6. Well done, trippin' along!
    It's odd, not having power, isn't it?
    What a great trek. Poor hubby tried a walk this a.m., but it rained, and was just too buggy. I'm lying low. cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our bathroom is the worst...no windows (all wall]...hence, flashlight peeing. Or candlelight. And, that, is not romance!!

      Delete
  7. Hello,

    Cute photo of you! I like the sculptures of the children. Looks like a pretty spot for a walk. I am glad your power is back on and you did not have any serious damage. Take care! Enjoy your day! Wishing you a happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is...and the city keeps it pretty well-manicured.

      Delete
  8. What a treat, a picture of you! Great legs, BTW.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I couldn't wait to see how you made out and am happy you are OK. No house flooding. What a relief! (We love our automatic generator.) Nice photos, especially the kids, including the sassy one in the red shorts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sassy and somewhat bratty. Even at my age. :-)

      Delete
  10. Those kids on the rocks are really realistic. Delighted seeing the cute picture of you but even more delighted that the hurricane didn't do any damage outside of putting you in the dark for a while. Exhale.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't as bad as it was when Harvey hit our area 3 years ago. A WEEK with out power and in AUGUST!

      Delete
  11. Oh, that Fountain of Youth is gorgeous, Anni. What beautiful statuary. And my goodness, YOUNG LADY, how beautiful you look in your outfit... especially those shorts. You are so youthful, especially your legs. Please pardon me for commenting on your legs but I have THE ugliest legs on Planet Earth... so women's legs are something I always notice & admire when they're pretty. And yours definitely are. Have a good week. Love, Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, thanks! You brightened my day!

      Delete
  12. Oh, I especially like the Fountain of Youth. Fantastic figures.
    Good for you getting out and walking every day.
    I do my routine of stretches and exercises every morning..it does help get my Motor going.
    Glad you got your power back and that Hannah has moved on.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and my sister...devoted to exercising & stretches. Me, I've always enjoyed walking instead. Probably not working all the muscles as I should, but still prefer walking. Lol

      Delete
  13. What a beautiful walk! My parents lived in Corpus for a short while before they moved to MN. I've never been there and I so wish that I could have visited them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a shame you missed this city!

      Delete
  14. That was a nice place to walk...I would want to go there early, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It becomes a place for many to walk...most not wearing masks. I'm still leery of that.

      Delete
  15. Looks like a nice place to go walking.
    Do you eat breakfast before you go? I always wait till after I walk. Don't drink anything till I get home either, but I guess with you walking in such hot weather you have to bring something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes....I eat 'cause I have to have food with my heart meds. And for decades I've always taken water with me...before Texas we lived in Arizona...desert....water is a must.

      Delete
  16. It looks like a nice play to me. I love dynamic almost interactive sculptures like that. And hey, a rare shot of you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is one of my favorite fountains in town.

      Delete
  17. This looks like a beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's a pretty place! I like the fountain of youth. I really like the photo of you too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mari. BTW, I just read your covid update and got an education. Both what you have to deal with & numbers on positive case I've always questioned.

      Delete
  19. beautiful sculptures of kids around the fountain...love it.

    Glad to see that you look so strong and healthy.... Have a great day

    ReplyDelete

Table of Contents