Shoreline/Ocean Drive Part II



Skyline from Oleander Point


About 3-4 miles down the road, Shoreline Blvd turns into Ocean Drive. This is mainly one of the many ritzy residential areas, altho the closer you get to the island campus for A and M University, there are apartment complexes, and hotels along with offices for doctors, etc. 

But, I didn't plan on going any further than another roadside park to climb down the embankment to search for sea glass. I found one blue piece, very small, but the views from the shore were fantastic...the water so sparkling and that made me almost forget how hot it was!  From the car, driving to Oleander Point [part of Cole Park], this church fills the skyline.  The street curves just beyond the church entrance and a slight incline to one of the many, many hospitals here in town.  Beyond the hospital, the small area parks begin...

My park of choice for the day, as I said, was Oleander Point.
Once out of the car after parking under a huge palm tree for shade, I snapped the fancy home just across the divided road...here you'd see many, many million dollar homes!! Hundreds of them even larger than this one.


Corpus Christi's Chamber of Commerce nickname is "The Sparkling City by the Bay". That it is in certain areas...this is one of them.



[the yacht being refurbished was at the yacht club in the Marina...its name was Sharon...I took it for my sister who's name happens to be Sharon!!]


The Sparkling City by the Bay

39 comments:

  1. I always wonder what people do for a living when I see houses (mansions) that big, don't you, Anni? But honestly, seeing homes like that make me appreciate my humble abode even moreso. But a waterfront view? Now THAT I would like. :-) Love, Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have a lot of doctors & lawyers in this town. I would enjoy a huge home like this...one wing for Bud & one for me. Lol

      Delete
  2. air laut yang bersih menyenangkan sekali, wonderfull

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful area.
    Oh and by the way, I never ever resist a rest...lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's fun for me to see this pristine area of your state. Glad you found at least one piece of sea glass.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...and blue glass is a rarity. Just wish it was a bigger piece. :-)

      Delete
  5. That is so beautiful. Thank you for sharing it with us. Did that hurricane go through that area over the weekend? Hope everyone is okay! How close do you live to this area? Thank you for the tour. It was delightful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. About 15 mile drive (maybe 6/7 miles away as the crow flies)

      Delete
  6. Hello,

    Gorgeous views of a pretty place. It is fun finding the sea glass, like a finding a treasure. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a treasure finding pieces so smooth and frosted over time. Makes me wonder where it came from and how long it's been in the sea.

      Delete
  7. What A Casual Drive - Beautiful Photos - Thanx For Taking Us Along - Way Cool

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Are you still in Leadville?

      Delete
  8. Love those pictures. You inspired me yesterday to get out early for a walk. It was really nice, even if on the hot side. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bud, one who is a home-body, tells me hot is all in the mind. I agree! When my mind says it's hot it IS HOT! rofl

      Delete
  9. It truly does Sparkle and that is a beautiful Skyline. The thing here in Florida all the beautiful skylines are taken up by the rich people and they try to block up for people from seeing the view. They don't even want us walking on the beaches. About your comment about a big home with One Wing for you and wine for your hubby! What I want is a log cabin with one of those Pastor is between the two cabins you know Bill to log cabins and then have the covered walkway that goes over like they used to do the kitchens One log cabin for me one for him and I won't mind soundproof

    ReplyDelete
  10. Less is more...yes! I would never want to live in a mansion. I still have my one and only blue beach glass piece. You are fortunate to find one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having a wing all to myself sounds like heaven.

      Delete
  11. Makes me wish I knew to look for sea glass during my beach combing days. Congrats on your find.
    Big homes never appealed to me. I think of the upkeep but if I could afford one surely I would have a staff. Loved the sparkling water shot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like you say...if you can afford a mansion, you can have housekeepers, cook, landscapers & more!

      Delete
  12. Let the storm watch begin! August is our scariest month plus September is not much better every storm we've ever had that was mean and nasty with all this in September. My birthday is the first week of September and I have been through several hurricanes because that seems to be when they come and one of the nastiest tropical storms for us was Gabriella did not even go over 60 miles per hour but she was mean and nasty and came for my birthday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's hope it doesn't go further west & better yet STAY out on the Atlantic. And definitely no storms for your birthday!!

      Delete
  13. So many choices of places to walk and enjoy.
    That is some Ritzy home, and what a view they have.
    so beautiful...everything glistens like diamonds.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very pretty on a sunny, clear day!

      Delete
  14. The photos are beautiful. Wow that sure is a huge house. I'm sure I'd get lost in it!! :) They don't have to leave the house to get in a good long walk!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for your comment on my blog.

    Thank you for agreeing with me.

    Just wish more bloggers, who do happen to agree with me, would be brave enough, to blog the same sentiment.

    Our Beloved Country is 'going to hell in a hand basket.' If normal people don't wake up. And speak up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All, just not black lives matter! I'm glad you stopped by.

      Delete
  16. Beautiful sparkling waters. I love looking at these massive homes, but honestly, would never want to live in a house that big. goodness, I would need a GPS just to find my way around.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I LOVED the tour! Especially the fancy house. It looks Spanish influenced. You live surrounded by beauty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A regular hacienda! I really should take more photos of the homes along this drive. My favorite looks like a castle!

      Delete
  18. Beautiful photos and I'm stopping by to tell you I'm glad you are ok after the storm. Take care, both of you....with the cleaning up work! Lots of hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! That is quite a house. I always think how much there is to clean. :) Of course with a house like that, they have a housekeeper!
    You commented on my post about covid, and the testing. You are so right - they need to change gloves between tests!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to read this...it really has been a concern.

      Delete

Table of Contents