This, That, and Chat...


We received a nice rainfall Wednesday! A much needed rainfall. It wasn't enough to even come close to breaking the drought...but, every little bit helps. I'm sure glad we got the hurricane shutter back up when we did. Something this week went right! lol The winds were quite strong, nearly hurricane force...lots of branches came out of the pecan tree. Now, we have another job of work. Won't take long tho. Thank goodness....did I say how humid it is out there right now?  My job of work list was shortened by one because...I didn't need to go out and water the patio plants in all the containers.  I just sat at the window, with the front room door open, and listened to the downpour, and enjoying the fresh, sweet, rain-drenched fragrance.  As I type this up, tho, the traces of any evidence of moisture is gone, and it's steamy.  I'll take it.  If only that would happen once a week, for about 3 months, maybe it would be sufficient.  The water shed [two reservoirs] is not even up to 50% capacity.


As I mentioned in my previous post, I will continue to wear face masks while the state of Texas begins to re-open.  I sat down and did another project on my list of jobs for the day. I followed the Surgeon General's face mask tutorial video since we're not supposed to buy/use the N95 masks in order to save those for stock piling for the first responders...makes sense to me.   I kinda tweaked his 'pattern' so I could add a filter behind the mask for more protection.  [It's just a bandana folded with elastic hair bands.] I didn't want to use rubber bands as he suggested, I wanted color: red bands for my red bandana, black for Bud's, and beige for my other one. I did three. One for Bud and two for me. A red and white bandana, and a black and white for Bud. My 2nd one for myself is a camouflage print. I thought since it's camouflage, no one will be able to see I'm wearing it?!! Nah...it's just that those three bandanas were what I had at home in my vanity drawer.  All three were completed in less than 10 minutes.  Easy, and no sewing! 

I also had on my list of things to do; installing a back-up search engine since Chrome and Firefox gave me fits days ago. One that doesn't use anything connected to GOOGLE!!! I know that Google tracks every movement with the use of Chrome [it tells us in the "I agree" part when you install its updates, etc.] And this new backup went on my cellphone too. It's so fast without all the garbage of Chrome/Firefox. Pages open instantly, even sites with heavy text and images. It's awesome. The new [new to me] browser/search engine combined is DUCKDUCKGo ----Another item on the 'to do' list was to get out online and order two books....Bud, one, and the other for me.


I then, crocheted a bit. I got behind on that for a few days, with going out hunting down migrant birds and doing at home tasks this week. Next to last task, work on fingernails with the file and emery board. The last thing on my list was to scrub the two bathrooms.....done!

Oh, and to end the post today...a posy for y'all, Not sure, but I think this is called a butterfly bush. I saw it while out walking along Packery Channel park the other day. If it isn't, and you know what it is...by all means, correct me. It's purple...that's what counted when I saw it. I love purple and blue flowers best.


17 comments:

  1. It's raining here right now. Maybe I can send some :)
    Nice job on the mask. The only thing I hate is the bands that hook on your ears. They are very uncomfortable and I had a problem with them pulling out my hearing aids

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I imagine with a hearing aid, they would be a hindrance.

      Delete
  2. Hello, the butterfly bush is pretty. It is windy and rainy here today. I like your red mask, we were one in public. Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As for the bands and ears - A very large paper clip attached to each of the elastic parts, connecting them together, would enable the bands to stretch enough to go behind your head. You would just slip the entire mask over the top of your head and pull it down. We have been WAY too rainy here and expect more tonight!! UGH!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done.
    We've rain, finally, today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Butterfly bush and the simple idea for making the mask...I don't sew, I do embroidery and cross stitch but that's it :)
    I love rainy days as long as the weather isn't severe.
    Stay Safe 🌷

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you got a bit of rain. I remember droughts so bad in Florida that we quietly wished for a mild hurricane. Still wearing masks here and I like yours. I got mine from Etsy. Another good thing about masks, they disguise us during these shaggy hair days.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your new header! That is some tail on the cat. Lovely birds, too. I have three face masks, and two more on the way. Yesterday I went to the grocery store and only one person in dozens was not wearing a mask. I kind of like the feeling of security it gives me, even if it doesn't actually make a difference. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your mask.
    We got so much rain last night it went under our door and the whole floor got wet.
    Another job for today!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Terrific masks Anni. I will still wear mine as our "illustrious California Gov." still is ruling us.
    Sorry, he is not my favorite person nor the way he runs California...but frankly I would not want to be in his shoes.
    I am looking forward to the day when things will be back to a more normal life.
    Love your border too.
    I'm sorry you are still in a drought...we sure know what's that like here in our state too.
    There is a good side to all of this isolation..Dave and I are accomplishing some much needed projects.
    I just hope our bodies can keep up.
    The next thing on the list is hanging a picture..not difficult at all but something we just keep ignoring..haha. Lets see if it happens in the next few days...
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful butterfly bush. The color is spectacular. I also love. love. love that little yellow bird in your sidebar.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The flower is gorgeous, and it DOEs look like from a butterfly bush. You changed your header! your last one was the prettiest one I have ever seen. But I love this one as well, being a cat lover!! you sure use your artistic abilities to the fullest when you create your headers. I always look forward to seeing what you have done. DUCKDUCKGO is very interesting! One thing I would like to know is...since they don't track you, how do they make their money? I may download it! and I will Google my question.

    ReplyDelete
  12. DuckDuckGo makes money in two simple ways: Advertising and Affiliate Marketing. Advertising is shown based on the keywords typed into the search box. Affiliate revenues come from Amazon and eBay affiliate programs. When users buy after getting on those sites through DuckDuckGo the company collects a small commission.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes, that is a Butterfly Bush, and has another name. But I sure love them. And this is one of the prettiest pics I have seen of it.

    I will certainly use duckduckgo sometime...I think I have used it before.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your summer Tanager is so pretty!
    We have a butterfly bush too. I agree with you - I really like purple and blue flowers. We have a lot of shade so Bob likes to plant white because they show up nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have been busy. it looks like some places around here will start requiring face masks, so I guess I should try to make some.

    ReplyDelete

Table of Contents