Dark Shadows


Do you remember the tv program aired many years ago [my title for this post - Dark Shadows]...a night time soap opera I believe? Well, good! But, hold your horses!  This post has nothing to do with it!!!  In reference to dark and shadows...it's just night time photography! Flash photography in the dark, in the wee hours of the morning as I walk a trail in hopes of seeing an owl. Or at least hearing one. [which I didn't see any owls or hear any, by the way.  Behind me, on the dark trail,  I often heard things go bump in the night tho!!!!] The photo you see in this paragraph is of the Wetlands visitor/learning center and its nighttime reflection on the lily pond near the entrance gate on the property.  And below, you'll find some photos of birds on a pond with their eyes reflecting the light of the camera's flash...


Now, walk with me in silence. Listen to the sound of things of mystery! Keep your wits about you, for who knows what evil lurks - the Shadow knows!!! > > >






...By day break, I was finally above ground, on the observation deck at the end of the trail! I took three photos of the gray, gloomy atmosphere of the morning... in succession.... and fused them together on my computer to show the vast area of the scene before me...part of the Bay. Oso Bay....which is about 10 miles west/southwest from the open waters of the Gulf of Mexico







37 comments:

  1. Hello, Anni!

    I do remember the show Dark Shadows. Love your night time images, the eyes glowing are great captures. Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember that tv show. What I remember most was though was sitting and watching it with my brother and my mother having a fit about it because she said I would have nightmares...lol
    You're brave hiking in the dark. I know I would be hearing all kinds of noises out there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Imagination runs wild in the dark!

      Delete
  3. Your photos are beautiful as always! Have a lovely week ahead☺

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember the name but not the program. I do like your shadow shots very much, and of course I remember the theme song from "The Shadow" and am now humming it to myself. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are really striking. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always a joy dropping by your place. Never know what you will do or try next.Very interesting tho.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that last fused shot. beautiful beach. it has been a long time since I used flash on flowers in the back yard. I tried just about everything. I used to go out on the park trails with my friend Diane before daylight, but never used the flash. Dark Shadows was during the late 60's and I never missed an episode. it came on in the afternoons, a soap opera bout a handsome vampire. looking back I can't believe I was hooked on it. I used to scare my cousin who was a whimp about scary things by playing Inner sanctum on the radio.. I do remember the Shadow knows even though it was before my time..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazed at the color you pull out of the dark. Didn't see the show but remember it was a big hit, especially with teens.

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a great idea! The photos are suitably spooky and artistic. I remember Dark Shadows and Barnabas Collins! I never missed a show. In my mind, it was on right after General Hospital. But it likely moved to evening later.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved walking through those dark shadows with you. It's not easy to get good nighttime pictures, but you pulled it off beautifully. I haven't seen or even heard an owl around here for quite some time. I wonder what has happened to them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brilliant photos!! Thank you and Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looking for owls at night sounds like fun but also a bit brave. The gray gloom of the morning bottom shot looks silvery and the shadowy photos seem cozily inviting, although only The Shadow knows for sure what lurks in the dark!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Not a lover of going out in the dark with my camera so all respect to you. Appropriate photos for halloween this week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You've got some interesting shots there, tho the eyes are quite menacing! #OurWorldTuesday

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really thought there was a man called the Shadow and his laugh really scared me as a young child! Yes, your night photography is impressive but now I hear him laughing all the way home!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You did a great job with your night photos. Yes I remember Dark Shadows and poor old Barnaby.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The night time looks are sure different than during the day. Makes some interesting shots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Truly a whole different atmosphere.

      Delete
  18. I never saw that show, but the name does sound familiar.
    You are brave to walk in the dark!
    I love your photo of the bay!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I recall Dark Shadow soap opera. Actual it use to scare me when I was younger. I saw a few reruns and just laugh.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete

Table of Contents