Seeing Double!


Not much going on around Hootin' Anni's abode. I was going to paint some more yard figurines after I finished the brown pelican last week which I posted pictures on Thursday, and then...a light bulb went on! I remembered that I threw out ALL my acrylic paints 'cause they were so dried out, even adding water did little good. So, I am slowly restocking my supply. I bought eight of the 'primary' colors that are used most often, and then will get more to replenish in time. Besides, the days are getting much warmer now and I will probably wait a while in order to be able to paint in the closed in garage. I WILL paint my rose vine bird bath tho...I need to buy paint for that too...I'm gonna use spray paint for that project.

I bought a Chromecast for our new TV [55" smart TV -we like to watch movies on a big screen!!]. Now, I can get free movies and cast TV programs that we would like to watch on a larger screen instead of the laptop. It took me a couple days to get the equipment set up [Bud is not internet tech savvy, his biggest accomplishments is operating the remotes]...but now we are catching up on the regular scheduled programs from the three free national networks. Fun now, but I was, at times, ready to throw it all out the window!!!  The piece of equipment is only a one cost payment of $35.  A lot cheaper than a monthly subscription to Amazon Prime or Cable installments. A savings of probably $1200 plus a year.

Now to some photo shares.  I've been wearing glasses since I was a teenager.  Recently while walking I was seeing double:





It's May already!  This month, will be my 6 month follow up appointment with the cardiologist.  IF I remember to set up an appointment.  Time goes by awfully fast these days.

21 comments:

  1. At first I had thought you had snapped one thing, and doubled it. But then I realized that they were actual doubles! A very cool theme. I will click on your Chromecast link now, I have never heard of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you were seeing double in a most beautiful way.
    I've heard of Chromecast but haven't looked into it. Then again I don't have a smart tv.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't blame double vision on my glasses. 😁

      Delete
  3. Hello, I have never heard of Chromecast. I will look into it, we like to save money when we can. Love all the photos. The flowers are beautiful and I like the cute lizards. Enjoy your day! Happy May to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It works off phones, laptops, and tablets that have wifi or internet connects.

      Delete
  4. amen to time on fast forward these days. I the cast thing on my devices but do not have a smart TV. I thought you had to have the smart TV and you could cast to it, nothing else needed. we have the 39 dollar Amazon fire stick and it has all kinds of free things on it. I did not know that but someone gave their old one to a friend and she watches all the free things with no subscription to Amazon. we have to have cable because of bob's sports. your seeing doubles reminded me of once a few years ago, someone said to look for triangles and take photos. I thought good luck with that and found so many everywhere. I like the double lizards

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It depends on your internet carrier and/or phone service.

      Delete
  5. I like your doubles very much. Especially those cute lizards. I've never heard of Chromecast so I'll check it out. Thanks for the link. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The seeing double theme is terrific! I see that 2 images are upside down?? Did you do that on purpose? We are very satisfied with our cable and don't feel it is overpriced at all for what the benefits are. The service is great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved your doubles and it took me a while to realize they were actually two of something.
    I haven't heard of Chromecast, will check it out. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was kinda fun looking for the pairs as I walked!

      Delete
  8. This kind of seeing double is just fine. Lovely pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your double shots!
    I never heard of chromecast and will check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sound like you been busy.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to keep busy with something every day.

      Delete
  11. Nice seeing double like that! I thought for a second you were serious and something was wrong!

    BTW, the flowers in the one post is my pink dogwood.

    ReplyDelete

Table of Contents