One morning this week, I drove to Calallen Texas. I was given a free $80 value coupon for a synthetic oil change for the car [From the American Heart Association's 5k walk back in October of 2018]. The coupon was valid for a year, and since I had just had the oil changed in October, I thought I'd wait 6 months to take advantage of the savings. Besides, I drive to Calallen many times for walking and birding. Guess you could say I killed two birds with one stone! So to speak. Anyway, I called ahead of time to schedule the hour since I didn't want to be sitting around waiting my turn. I arrived, the oil was changed, and they did an entire "sweep". Oil, filter, all fluids topped off under the hood, tire check and brake check. And they even did a courtesy car wash and vacuuming!! All for free. And I was soon out the door, on my way to the park....
I walked along the river bank...






I got my step count done, the car has had a transfusion. We're set to go somewhere else in a day or two!! By the way, as my blog title post suggests: a long time ago, there was a published book FOLLOW THE RIVER. A great book!! I still have it somewhere on the book shelf here at home. It's a 5 star epic I have read numerous times. [Native American - young pregnant white woman kidnapped by the Shawnee...novel]

wow on that oil change and wash. what a great gift... plus you got to visit all this beauty.... handsome cardinal, he is a little different than ours, maybe a little bigger to.... ours are smaller than they used to be..
ReplyDeleteIt WAS a terrific gift.
DeleteA free oil change? I could go for that. How nice that they also did all the extras too. My vehicle could use a good vacuuming. I don't have a garage so I don't really have the chance to drag a vacuum outside to get it cleaned out.
ReplyDeleteMy car is always full of beach...hard to keep clean. Lol
DeleteHello, a free oil change is a great gift. Love the photos, the flowers and birds are beautiful. Enjoy your day and weekend!
ReplyDeleteThanks. Enjoy your weekend, too!
DeleteGlad you were able to take advantage of that free gift. Sounds like a great place to take your car. Love your pictures, as always. Thanks for taking me along on your walk. :-)
ReplyDeleteThey are super people. The whole lot of them
DeleteHi Anni, I love the walks and outdoor activities that give such great prizes! You eem to have got even moer than just an oil change. I love the bird collage. Thanks for the walk and now I'm about to check out the book link. Have a great day. Jo
ReplyDeleteThe book will grab your interest, and keep you turnung the pages!
DeleteI thought $80 was a bit high for just an oil change but all the extras made it a real bargain. What a cool gift that you earned.
ReplyDeleteI'll check out that book at my library. Thanks.
It IS $80. But, it's synthetic oil...much more expensive than regular.
DeleteYou earned the gift! As for today's river walk photos, if they were all taken on the same walk, are wonderfully varied and interesting. The red flowers grabbed my eye!
ReplyDeleteYes...all along the park's river. And the red flower is coral bean, I believe.
DeleteYour car is all set, Anni, for future travels ahead... and for free too. Can't beat that price! Your pictures are beautiful today, as they always are. Love, Andrea xoxo
ReplyDeleteThanks!
DeleteWonderful that you and your car were treated so well. You also ended up getting some lovely pictures.
ReplyDeleteThanks Ruth.
DeleteHello, I love to follow the river, and especially our Minnehaha Creek that weaves throughout several cities close to me but most of all I adore seeing your beautiful photos and that cardinal is something special, as is the hawk in the beginning. Have a wonderful weekend.
ReplyDeleteThanks so much!
DeleteNice choice of a walk. you sure gave lots of options. :)
ReplyDeleteHave a great day Ms. B
DeleteHello there well I'm here the pictures are lovely bet it was a calming walk. I find just listening to bird song is wonderful, and captures are a bonus.
ReplyDeleteThat sure looks a good book.
Bye for now.
Enjoy your walks.
Hello....thanks for visiting! Sadly, I can't find your blog to visit with you! So, I'll say here....your comment is much appreciated.
DeleteI find it boring too to wait for car service. Nice to be able to walk around to see nature beauty
ReplyDeleteYes, it helps having a time set up. Otherwise the whole day is shot!
DeleteLoved the walk and photos - I'd love to win a free oil change
ReplyDeleteWell...I had to do a 5k heart walk to get the coupon.
DeleteI enjoyed the photos of your walk along the river, such a lovely spot. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteThank YOU Rosie!
DeleteBeautiful photos! What a pleasant way to spend a day.
ReplyDeleteHave a great week!
Thanks! Have a great week yourself Lea.
DeleteEven though I was born and raised in Texas, I wasn't sure where Calallen was located. So I found it on the map near Corpus. Such a beautiful part of the state. Thank you for sharing your walk in today's photos. Thanks for the book recommendation, too.
ReplyDeleteMy post features tulip fields in Mt. Vernon, Washington.
It's always great to see another Texan come visit with me! Thanks.
Delete