Several sculptures and topiary works are strategically placed on the grounds, and as I said, for birders or wildlife enthusiasts, you find many covered observation areas such as these. The windmill is actually part of a work of art...below [not seen in photo - it's on the other side of the hedge] there are two bronze sculptures of ranch hands taking part by cupping their hands and drinking the cool spring water on the parched Texas Ranch lands. The covered gazebo is situated on the edge of the larger of the two lakes on the property:

aloe vera is in the desert section...many varieties:

Bottle Brush Bushes/trees are an attraction in the hummingbird garden, where certain flowers are planted and blooming to attract the migrant hummers...

Then, taking a turn on the trail, you enter the rose garden cotillion. But first, a fountain...

...now on to the roses in bloom:






Gardens Part I
Gardens Part II
These roses are so beautiful! I envy your photography skills!
ReplyDeleteThanks Linda!
DeleteHope L D is doing better, and you're both getting some much needed rest from the Spring Break ranch week! There's a time in life you need to sliw down...I think this is a time for you two...if only for a little while.
I find the bottle brush bushes fascinating. I've seen them on other blogs and love the look of them. Those roses are beautiful. I can almost smell the scent from here
ReplyDeleteThey're unique. We had two of them in Tucson.
DeleteHello, beautiful roses. I love the bottle brush blooms. Enjoy your day, have a happy week ahead.
ReplyDeleteI like the bottle brush too!
Deletenot THIS is a ROSE garden!!! they are gorgeous... I would love to see the ranch hands next time. I love cowboys and all things Western....
ReplyDeleteIt took me a while, but I found the post with a showing of the ranch hand sculpture from years ago...
Deletehttp://hootin--anni.blogspot.com/2012/01/art-of-sculpture-and-water.html
What beautiful roses!
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful 'spring' week ~ FlowerLady
Thanks, and same to you.
DeleteWhen in SC I found a huge bottle brush plant and still go back to my photo files to experience its beauty. They are amazing bushes! The same with roses. Your post has brought back so many wonderful sights. Thanks!
ReplyDeleteWe had two in Tucson. They're pretty, but very itchy/scratchy!!
DeleteI love yellow roses, friend Anni … but they are not hardy enough for our climate … Guess I have to stick with our wild Alberta Rose … After all Alberta is Wild Rose Country … smiles … Love, cat.
ReplyDeleteYou must have a very short warm weather season?
DeleteI want a rose garden, I had one, but I was lousy groundskeeper/gardener.
ReplyDeleteI would love one too, but I am not willing to devote the time.
DeleteOH, the colors of these gorgeous roses! ALL the colors of the rainbow and MORE! It is just gorgeous seeing them all in one collage. My favorites are the huge yellow ( is that the Yellow Rose Of Texas?) and the very deep red with touches of white in the center. The Bottle Brush flowers are so cool!
ReplyDeleteI always think of the yellow rose of texas too.
DeleteBeautiful roses.
ReplyDeleteAnni that rose collage is breathtaking...
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you like my grandcats...they are really sweeties
Hugs Cecilia
Those tortie tooshies are too sweet!
DeleteA post that is after my own heart. ROSES!!! Oh my these are gorgeous.I love all roses, any color, any shape.
ReplyDeleteScarlet Knight is my favorite. But I love 'em all.
DeleteOh, what beautiful photos/flowers! I loved them all.
ReplyDeleteHmmmm, ROSE. Ironic. :::smile:::
DeleteThose roses are beautiful.
ReplyDeleteA favorite flower!
DeleteOh! Those roses are magnificent. :-)
ReplyDeleteThanks DJ
DeleteGorgeous flowers
ReplyDelete