Okay, on Wednesday this week, I checked weather bug app and we were sitting in a warm tropical zone compared to where my sister lives in Colorado and where our daughter lives in Missouri. Why, even the Sonoran Desert [where we lived for a decade after retiring]; in Tucson....they got snow!!!! But, shiver me timbers, it was bone chillin' cold on the western slope of the Rockies. MINUS nine with the windchill MINUS TWENTY-TWO!!!! I'd be movin' out. There's a reason the app shows an igloo graphic!!! lol Here in Corpus, it's been damp and cold too [mid 40s to high 30s at night], but nothing I would compare to the rest of the country. So, I thought a lot around the US of A is blizzardy, why not show off our green back yard?[except for the epiphylum in the series - it's indoors, but goes outdoors when temp reaches 50 again]

lantana and Christmas cactus

rose and geranimum

juniper and Christmas cactus bud

turtle wind chime and a new yellow blooming epiphylum shoot I planted in the potting soil just a few weeks ago. A woman that lives near a park offered me a cutting and I gladly accepted...it is getting a shoot on top.
Here are pictures of HER plant! She has two...and both are humongous...they are planted at the base of two [est. 30 ft.] mesquite trees...and outdoors in the ground year 'round.


They are huge and beautiful! Are they night blooming? Your flowers are so beautiful, I miss them here.
ReplyDeleteWhen I saw them, it was early in the morning, and closing, so I assume they are night blooming.
DeleteGorgeous colors! It's mild here, close to your temps, but yes it's cold in many places here in the US of A. :-)
ReplyDeleteThanks. It's sunny here today...finally!
DeleteRainy day here AGAIN! Would rather have snow, don't get to choose. Wondering if a cutting of Christmas cactus from my friend in SC ever reached you and is it OK...(sometime around May or June 2018).
ReplyDeleteIt's doing great! I have pictures of its progress in one of my computer folders. I'll look for it & share.
DeleteGlad to know. She would like to see a photo, I know.
DeleteIxll get it up one of these days.
DeleteIt’s lovely to see such pretty flowers in the winter! Nothing’s growing up here at the ranch although when I did a walk about, I noticed grass had formed a webbing across some muddy areas. After the water receded, there was the grass all looking like string art! I’m looking out the girl bunk window and I do see a couple of green leaves of some kind of plant. Probably a weed but even they are a pretty green!
ReplyDeleteDuring the brown of winter, any green will do!
DeleteOh my stars...what gorgeous, brilliant colors on the blooms. I'm trying to keep a snake plant alive..that is my goal this year. I was told to water it once a month (I have a watering schedule on my calendar) and give it sun..BUT other than that it likes to be left alone. Oh joy it has new growth.
ReplyDeleteI guess I won't complain about the wet wet wet record breaking rainfall year we had in 2018, 60". That is manageable but not those cold temps.
I know what you mean about the Madi carving. I had no idea they were doing it.
When I came in the mail, we were speechless and I was teary. It sits on our mantel..I can tell her good night as I pass it on the way to the bedroom. That pose they carved was one of her best maneuvers. She was queen of stretching.
Hugs Cecilia
Oh yes...it made me cry too! Y'know Madi touched our hearts!!
DeleteOh Brrr! That is far too cold! It made it to 40 here today which is a heat wave. :)
ReplyDeleteThe flowers are sooo pretty!
Yep...as I said, I'd be moving to warmer climes.
DeletePretty flowers, anyhow being by Canada it sure hasen't been even close to that cold.
ReplyDeleteCoffee is on
I'm all for mild winters.
DeleteWishing you a wonderful day.... Sun finally out so time to take a walk...first time in days otherwise my excercise is confined to the gym
ReplyDeleteI have a stationary bike here at home for rainy, cold days.
DeleteWhat beautiful greenery, Anni! I often wonder what it would be like to live someplace that's warm in the winter. It's hard for me to fathom. I've lived in the same small town in northwest Indiana all of my life, as has my husband. Both my parents were born, raised, and died here too. I'm so used to weather here that my body would probably shut-down and rebel if I experienced anything else. But I **love** looking at photos of other places. Thank you for providing that on your blogs. Love, Andrea xoxo
ReplyDeleteIt's good knowing you enjoyed it.
DeleteOh, my, I wish I had one of those yellow=blooming plants!!! I don't know where I would put it but I sure love it. Love seeing the colors of the others...
ReplyDeleteDi you like the color yellow?
Delete