On the beach one morning, the people [at least some] are staking their claims for the last holiday of the summer....Labor Day Weekend...here are campers that more than likely will stay for the duration...

...then, there are perverts!!
(I'm not sure I liked how that guy was watching those women!)

...and fishermen on the pier

...walking along the shore, I spotted some more brown pelicans. The moon was still up in the west as the sun made its appearance. I shot these three photos...



...It was getting to be mid morning, and I was looking for some relief from the hot sun. Finding it under the pier in the shade with a cool breeze coming in off the water...

__ __ __
One more little ditty before I close this blog. If you're a frequent visitor here, you know I like to find heart shapes in the strange places. Well, one was an obvious drawing in the sand. While the other was the very same morning I drove to this beach and pier. While driving on the freeway to North Padre Island, the sun was behind a HUGE cloud formation. When I could safely glance toward the cloud, I noticed a distinct shape forming...or at least I thought it was. After a couple miles down the road, before getting to the bay crossing, sure 'nough, it DID form a window into my heart....
I had to get photos along my drive...I know, I know...distracted driver!!!! But, I couldn't resist, I pulled off onto the shoulder, traffic and all, and snapped, drove a few yards more as the cloud continued to form different shapes, pulled off and snapped one more time...

...see the heart below, in the cloud?


So they camp right there on the beach?
ReplyDeleteThat shot of the moon is fantastic. Love it.
I'm often distracted while I'm driving by things I want to take a picture of. Unfortunately I don't often have my camera with me other than the cell phone. I'm also too chicken to pull over in traffic to take the picture. Next time I see something I'm gonna think of you and pull it on over :)
Oh ya...a lot camp on the beach. In tents, motorhomes, campers. You name it.
DeleteAhhhhh, that's because you are love.... fantastic piccies, I feel the urge to visit the beach right now.... mind you, I think I will *grin* happy weekend hunny
ReplyDelete(((Ms. V!!)) So good to see you. Enjoy that beach of yours!
DeleteHow close were you to take that photo of the moon?
ReplyDeleteGod bless.
I was thinking of you just yesterday. Hope you're doing well!! As for the moon...it was just next door...on my way out.
DeleteGreat minds think alike. I thought I'd better visit Anni's blog.
DeleteGod bless.
GMTA indeed Victor.
DeleteBeautiful capture of the moon! Enjoy your day!
ReplyDeleteSince you have had your comments off...I'll take this space to wish you a happy, safe, holiday weekend.
DeleteLucky campers...but a long weekend to spend in a tent!!
ReplyDeleteWell, from this beach, they're only about 20 minutes from civilization.
DeleteI love that picture of the birds and moon, and yes, that last picture shows the heart in the clouds perfectly. Talented photographer you are. :-)
ReplyDeleteYou could see the heart? Great. Glad I got the photo when I did...'cause it was gone before I put the camera down & put the car in gear.
DeleteI would never have seen the heart in the cloud until after I put the photo in the computer. my favorite today is the water under the jetty.. no camping allowed on our beaches here. I was surprised to see the tent.. a beautiful spot for a tent
ReplyDeleteI don't mind those that camp out...as long as they take their trash out when they leave!
DeleteI love the pictures under the pier. Good beach finds can usually be found under there too at low ocean tides. Neat pelican with moon shot!
ReplyDeleteUnder our piers? At least this one? - lots of trash. lol (there is a restaurant above the piers.)
DeleteAs much as I love the beach, camping on it would be totally miserable I think.
ReplyDeleteI love your heart shapes.
Have a great weekend!
Well, personally, I'd fear the tides!
DeleteGOES TO SHOW YOUR HEART IS ALWAYS IN THE RIGHT PLACE, EVEN IN THE HEAVENS. ENJOY YOUR REMARKS AS YOU SAY IT LIKE IT IS.
ReplyDeleteAhhhh, sweet LV. Thanks.
DeleteI DO see the heart in the cloud. And it is full of light! Your post is totally awesome today! Your moon photo is the best I have ever seen!!! You should post more. And the birds flying past it is just divine!! You could blow it up, frame it, and easily sell it! I LOVE it!!!! Maybe my favorite photo you have ever posted!!!
ReplyDeleteWow...thanks Ginny!
DeleteCool tent and location, and I know the feeling, back to school and the end of summer is just a wee bit too soon for me! What happened to summer? Actually fall doesn't begin until September 22!
ReplyDeleteHere, for us, the summers are always long, and HOT! lol
DeleteWOW! That heart shaped opening in the cloud is awesome.
ReplyDeleteWasn't that awesome?
DeleteThe moon shot is beautiful and I love the heart!
ReplyDeleteIt was a pretty sight in the morning sky!
DeleteHi Anni, looks like a nice walk. I love the Pelicans in flight and the gorgeous moon.
ReplyDeleteThanks for linking up and sharing your post today. Have a great weekend!
Thank you for hosting!
DeleteLove the heart in the clouds and the under the pier scenes!
ReplyDeleteAnd I always enjoy seeing moon photos.
Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!
...and a safe holiday to you Lea. Thanks.
DeleteAnnie those are some great photos, I love finding strange shapes!
ReplyDelete