my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out
Black and White Background courtesy of free backgrounds




Silhouette on Sunday....

I missed out! Bummer!! George Strait, who is a Country's top recording artist [and a part time resident of Rockport Texas where Hurricane Harvey made landfall last month], paid a visit to Rockport this Thursday. Bud and I had other plans, but only if I had known beforehand, I may have got his autograph and perhaps a life time opportunity to get a photo standing by him. Oh well.  Needless to say, all morning I've been humming one of my favorite George Strait songs...Amarillo by Morning.



I just liked this 'cause of the "mushroom-form" cloud seen above my watermark signature

Then, another day, another view of the morning cloud formations and one silhouette that I thought made a mighty pretty scene. These were all taken along the drive into Indian Point Park. The park, early that morning, was still gated shut. But, I sneaked under the gate and walked. I found out that there were still some downed-power lines along the road, so that explained the closure. I didn't stop much for the fact I kept thinking I may be arrested for being there at the time. A hurried walk in and out. But, not before I got a few photos as I quickly focused here and there and made my way back to the beginning; at the gate. Sunset Lakes [an adjacent park via a walking trail] was opened, so once out, I walked and tallied up my 10000 steps there instead...


Early morning clouds above the fishing pier at Indian Point and then, some of the fresh water ponds along the paved park road [3 photos]


The sun rays and the water reflecting the sunshine was awe inspiring this particular morning!!


A lone seagull silhouetted. Distant seagulls calling in the background made for a heavenly, peaceful walk!! Perhaps it was 'cause I was the only fool one to take my chances where everything was closed to human traffic. S'pose?


Along the 2 mile trail, I spotted many birds in the ponds and along the pavement were many plovers and sandpipers. I veered off the trail at one point, through the juniper lined landscaping, to view the Gulf of Mexico [Corpus Christi Bay] and found plenty of gulls and terns and a couple of black skimmers at rest on a shoal in the shallow bay waters.



Coming up on 9500 steps, I reversed my direction and diverted to the area on the opposite side of the trail...


A Great Egret in the vegetation dwarfed the snowy egret beside it as they foraged the standing water. The other image is a 2nd snowy egret that popped up from its hiding while feeding - double the pleasure!!



At a rest stop so I could cool down from the morning heat before getting back into the air conditioned car, I really liked the shadow of the youthful mesquite tree against the fresh water lake. Still, the silence was so terrific, I didn't want to leave all too soon.


35 comments :

  1. Too bad you missed out on seeing George Strait. I like all your pictures but my very favorite is the seagull silhouette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Anni, the gull silhouette is a beautiful photo. I love the egret and the shorebirds, great sightings and photos. I am a George Strait fan, it would have been cool to meet him. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I especially love that seagull silhouette picture. And god you hightailed it out of there with a downed power line! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was clear across the other side of the area when I noticed the downed lines. And kept my distance.

      Delete
  4. love the double egret shot and my favorite of all the silhouetted things is the seagull on the post. stunning views in all of these.. I am the opposite, even it the park was open and I saw lines down I would leave. we turned on a street and there were lines hanging down on the side of the road. I backed out and went another way while bob yelled just drive around it... 10,000 steps burns a lot of calories. wonder how many miles that is

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bud would turn around and go another way...while I would be like Bob. lol

      Delete
  5. just looked it up, 10,000 steps is 5 miles, 2000 steps is a mile... now we KNOW LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's different for everyone....you must use your stride distance to calculate accurately.

      Delete
  6. Magnificent sky and critter shots ~ the lighting is awesome and those clouds too ~ thanks, ^_^

    ( A ShutterBug Explores)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A shadow on the water is so unusual. You have the prettiest clouds there! The egret looks like it is standing in front of a mirror! That is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The two egrets...it does look mirrored.

      Delete
  8. I love ALL or these pictures! Thank you. Skies and clouds have always fascinated me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. same goes for me...I love sky watching. Thanks Ms. G

      Delete
  9. Glad to see you are still walking and snapping Anni!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see no comment form on your blog...LOVED the aspen photos! My sister went to Lake City this past weekend...hope she shares some of the beautiful of Colorado in the Fall.

      Thanks for stopping by Barb. Hope you're doing well.

      Delete
  10. Bummer on missing George Strait!
    I love that silhouette photo of the seagull!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like the most beautiful morning with superb photo opportunities!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like a delightful walk and the resulting pictures are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am amazed that with all of the hurricane and so close, the landscape doesn't seem to have more impact.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, the eye of the storm was about 30 miles away from our home, so not too much damage compared to Rockport.

      Delete
  14. Sorry you missed George Strait! Such dramatic photos. I love the silhouetted seagull!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Anni...
    Oh my to see George Strait in concert or heck just walking on the street would make this old gray mare kick up her heels.
    Your cloud photos are very pretty.
    Hugs Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree...he's great.
      Thanks M&M...long time, no see.

      Delete
  16. He's coming to Tulsa for a concert. I like him but not $237 a ticket worth. Still, he's a good performer.

    Glad you didn't get arrested. Great pics you trespasser.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rumor has it he retired! I'm surprised he will have a concert. Yes, those ticket prices are exorbitant!

      Delete
  17. George Strait is my favorite too. You probably know he was born just north of us at Poteet, Texas. I saw all the news about him at Rockport on local news. Too bad you didn't get to see him in person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I would've liked to see him in person. Oh well.

      Delete
  18. Amarillo by Morning is one of my favorite songs! We used to have a neighbor, she would probably be 90-95 if she were still living and she was crazy about George Strait! I never hear him/his name mentioned that I don't think of her.

    ReplyDelete

.