my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out
Black and White Background courtesy of free backgrounds




More Damages Found...

In my previous post, some found the lizard and bird, others didn't. For those that didn't, here they are, outlined in a chiseled box:





* * *


So far this week, a couple of mornings I've left home early, just before sunrise to go on my step counting spree! lol Anyway, the moisture in the early morning hour makes for some spectacular skies and cloud formations...:



...and as I mentioned in my previous post, while walking along Packery Channel, I was surprised to see so much change on the far side of the channel [along the paved pathway from the beach]. The wind force from Hurricane Harvey just tore everything loose [the jigsaw landscaping, even the cement pathway in spots was washed out]. The north side, where I walked, of the channel was somewhat okay...spotty erosion, but nothing like the "other side"...


I left this image very large to be able to see the damages better [click on it to enlarge].



After walking along the channel and out on the jetty, then along the beach and back, I stepped up on the path and headed to where I had parked the car.  While finishing my walk, a small craft boat with "Surveyor" marked alongside, was trolling slowly, inspecting the damages.  I have a feeling with all that has happened in this county and three neighboring counties, our property taxes will go up!  Lots of money is going to be needed for the many years it will take to get stuff back to normal.

27 comments :

  1. Wow, there is also a bird inspecting the damage! The clouds are glorious! My very favorite, awesome in every sense of the word, is the last one in the collage. They are vertical and majestic, I have never seen any like them! Thanks for showing the bird & lizard! My, but you have good eyes. They were hidden so well, I would never have found them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was now that you said it...checking out the damages it was.

      Delete
  2. I don't think I would have seen the lizard and bird if you didn't point them out! I suppose that is a good thing for camouflage. Love the dramatic skies and glad they are not because of any more storms. x K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it would be NICE to have some rain come from those clouds, but no go. We're back in a drought.

      Delete
  3. Well now the bird and lizard stick out like a sore thumb. Loving all the cloud pictures. Sad to see all the damage. Amazing how all of this can be caused by the wind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...and the force of the water created by the winds.

      Delete
  4. Those are some beautiful skies and clouds, and thanks for showing me where those critters were hiding! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have not been out to look at damage from Irma and I am thinking the same thing about taxes and ins as you are. it appears storms and fires have damaged almost every state in the union and now Mexico and Porta rico... your skys are Amazing. so beautiful, the beauty after the storms... I did not find the bird or the lizard until you showed me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You got your share of damages....but both of us can say it could've been worse!!

      Delete
  6. Oh my goodness love the critters, romping about and being almost lost but yet secure in their habitat, and heavenly skies wow. Great shots!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The pictures of the clouds are awe inspiring. The damages are sad to see and hopefully, will be taken care of in due time. It will never be the same again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure those areas will be re-done as near as 'normal' since it's mostly erosion and no loss of materials.

      Delete
  8. How wonderful to have some of your energy. Even in the eye of storms, there is beauty to be found. Your sky shots are awesome. In your last water-sky sight, looks like a person walking in the clouds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does look like a human form!

      Delete
  9. The cloud scenes are spectacular. It is sad to see so much damage.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I see them now! :)
    So sad to deal with all that damage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nature has a way of waking us up and reminds us to not take things for granted.

      Delete
  11. LOVE clouds!!! thanks for sharing. So very sad to see the places I used to walk *The same ones you walk* having so much destruction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I love looking up and watching the clouds.

      Delete
  12. Nice cloud pictures. Thanks for pointing out the bird and lizard. I couldn't spot either of them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome clouds and with the sun shining again it’s hard to imagine the terrible storm that was Harvey, until you see the devastation
    Thanks so much for your comments on my post about Antrim & just to let you know there are a few more today
    Best wishes
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Christine!

      Delete
  14. Hello, I am sure the last three storms have cost millions of dollars of damage. It will be interesting to see how they (the feds) come up with the money. I am sad more for the loss of life and the wildlife. I love the sky and the heron images. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete

.