I seem to just now realize, after going through my photo files, that the predominant color of wildflowers in Texas is yellow...and one of my favorites is the silver leaf sunflower [native to Texas and parts of Florida and North Carolina].
Anywhooo, I call this Mellow Yellow:
aka a baker's trekker's dozen
Common Buckeye











Gorgeous gorgeous pictures!! My favorite is the Buckeye and #6, if you count each snap as separate. I have no idea what it is, or must of them! But they look like the sun come to earth. Texas must have cornered the market on yellow!
ReplyDeleteThat's what I thought too, most of my wildflower pictures are of some kind of yellow blossom. Hmmmm.
DeleteMake that MOST of them, not must of them!!
ReplyDeleteGotcha! :o)
DeleteI haven't thought of it before but most of the wildflowers here in Texas are yellow. I have many pictures I've taken at the ranch so I should have noticed.
ReplyDeleteHope sometime, you'll share some of your pictures.
DeleteOh my - so very very gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteThanks Fi
Deletethanks for my yellow flower fix.. flowers in yellow are my favorite and you have a few I have not seen before.. the one at the bottom looks like a nightblooming cactus, but I have not seen a yellow one before... LOVE all these flowers.
ReplyDeletethe yellow blooming cactus is a prickly pear.
DeleteMaybe all the other flowers think that if they are yellow too they will also have a song written about them like the yellow rose of Texas :)
ReplyDeletelol...and the 'rose' of texas is supposed to be a woman. I guess.
DeleteSo, so pretty, Anni. And I think yellow is the perfect color for wildflowers. I also like all the purples and blues we get around here, too, like lupines and penstemon. :-)
ReplyDeleteOh me too...as you well know yourself, the mtns. in Colorado had a lot of lupines...very pretty indeed.
DeleteHello, Anni! I love all the pretty yellow flowers. Great capture of the butterfly. They are all gorgeous photos! Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend!
ReplyDeleteThanks, and thanks for hosting Eileen.
DeleteDo you know what the common name is of #6? It looks like what we call scrambled eggs. I love yellow flowers!
ReplyDeleteYep....I've heard it called that too...AND Glossy Senna [it's usually the size of a tree, but this particular park keeps their shrubs and plants very manicured, so in this area [the park] it's about 4-5 feet, well trimmed.
DeleteAll are simply stunning! Yellow wildflowers make one happy!
ReplyDeleteThanks...I totally agree Marie.
DeleteAlways wonderful to see butterflies visiting the flowers!
ReplyDeleteHave a great week-end!
Indeed!
DeleteLovey pictures.The yellow is so bright and cheery.
ReplyDeletewildflowers always brings a smile, don't they?
DeleteOh, I love them all!
ReplyDeleteThanks Rose
DeleteThank you Robert
ReplyDelete