“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes

CLICK IMAGES FOR ENLARGEMENT SLIDESHOW
MY PHOTOS ARE NOT TO BE STOLEN FOR PERSONAL USE





The Left Side of My Blog Is Completely Missing...

...but it's all right now!!!





I find feathers all the time, and some I actually take photos of and wish I could take 'em home with me. Colors, markings such as stripes and polka dots in their patterns fascinate me....


Red Tailed Hawk


Rhode Island Red Rooster


Roseate Spoonbill - if I could've walked safely without sinking in the marsh/mudflats -it's like quicksand, you sink easily- I WOULDA got this one and taken it home!!!  Rare to see.


Mockingbird



- - -

Utilizing Lunapic:

...the Nebula Filter [one of my favorites; a Sci-Fi filter...eerie!]. The original photo is in the small insert of each...


Sea shell


Harlequin Flower Beetle [Insect in Texas] and Magnolia Blossom 'remnant'


Stepping Stones at Learning Center [Oso Bay]


...Then, of course I couldn't stop at just ONE filter, I chose these photos and picked the Landscape Filter...



Cut Boulder [notice the 'screw' threads within the inner circle - perhaps an old culvert was there?]  Torn up road debris that helps deter erosion along the shore near the Army/Navy Depot.


The old Line Camp along Padre Island National Seashore and a observation deck at Bazemore Park


Boardwalk at Paradise Pond and the Giant Live Oak Tree at Goose Island State Park

- - -

I see FIRE!

Near the Industrial area and Oil Refineries [big revenue in Texas!] sometimes on my phone app, there is an alert that comes thru about Flaring.  Periodically [sometimes continually] the refineries will have a flame coming up through the gas release stack.  Sometimes you see only a small flame at the opening with a lot of steam coming out in a form of a cloud.  Sunday morning, as I drove around looking for birds and driving to my walking trail, I noticed off the interstate at some distance a flame...a flare!  It was visible for miles. Taking the exit,  I used my cellphone to capture the fire and exhaust stacks.   Then, I continued on the off ramp and drove around and along the Nueces River to my left and the Ship Channel to my right...the back side of town.  Along the green hills in the background, between the dips and valleys of the hill country, the Flare was again visible.  I pulled off and took more photos.  It is some 15-20 [guesstimation] miles away from me at this point.



flares explained

Well, that was my Sunday Morning.  By the time I completed my walk and taking literally 197 photos on my camera card, I headed home...ate lunch, and then dubbed with resizing some of the photos off the camera and read some more in my book.  It was warm walking, but overcast and at one park, Indian Point Park that I frequent often, I hit the mother lode of birds!!  [that's why so many photos for one day.]

Oh, and one of the birds with the Nebula filter also...


Western Sandpiper

34 comments :

  1. Wonderful edits today! And the feathers are gorgeous, each one so different like a fingerprint. Each is really a work of art. I would pink them all up, make a shadow box collage, and hang it or sit it on a table.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've often thought feathers would make a great bouquet. Dunno why. lol

      Thanks Ginny

      Delete
  2. Oooooo, those filters are such fun, completely change the image, I love it! I too would've wanted the feather of the Roseate Spoonbill, so pink, so pretty *smiles* I'm a habitual collector of feathers....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could easily pick up feathers...I thought at one time they'd make a great bouquet. lol

      Delete
  3. Well you know I'm fasincated by the filters you used. I can't decide which one I like better. They are both very cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks....all I can say is: They're addictive.

      Delete
  4. OMG you found a filter I have not seen.... as soon as I comment I am off to find nebula.. I have used landscape before once or twice. that flame is amazing to be taken with your phone... I love fire.. always have... my favorite feather is the red rooster and in our preserves here in FL it is illegal to take feathers or rocks or anything home from the parks.. they have signs posted. your feather photos are marvelous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...just the first flare photo is cellphone, the others are off the camera card. Sorry to confuse you.

      Oh that nebula is one of my favorites. I like the 'outer world' feeling from it.

      Delete
  5. Hello Anni, I love all the pretty feathers. The Landscape filter is my favorite, beautiful images. Happy Monday, enjoy your day and new week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love finding different feathers and sometimes wondering which bird it belonged to before lost. Thanks Eileen, and happy week ahead to you too.

      Delete
  6. I love your filters, they are both rally nice. What a difference they make in the pictures, which were pretty cool anyway. And your feathers are really lovely. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just picked up a crow feather from the front yard. Funny you should post about feathers. I will look for more. The landscape filter manips are my favorites. FUN!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's eerie that we both were 'with' feathers the same time.
      Thanks Ms. G

      Delete
  8. What a wonderful post, using the bird feather photos and identifying them! Such a great idea. You always have clever ideas (took me more than a minute to "get" your joke! :-) ) Anyway, love the painterly photos too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL on the joke! I try to figure out which bird the feather came from when I see them...sometimes I don't know.

      Delete
  9. Beautiful collection.....thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always happy that you have such a positive feedback for me Mr. B

      Delete
  10. Creative post and photos ~ favorite are the feathers ~ lovely editing of sea critter and bird ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  11. The feather photos are lovely. I love the creative way you use the filters! Hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Florence....I hope you have a good week also!

      Delete
  12. I really like the filters you used. They are a lot of fun and can change a photo in great ways.

    ReplyDelete
  13. We see those flares on roads where we drive. My daughter was at the coast all week. Wonder if you ran into her? No, guess not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope....didn't see hide nor hair of her! Too bad, we coulda gone out to lunch or something.

      Delete
  14. I love your feather pics. It's interesting how many patterns you found. Those filters are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those filters are definitely addictive once you try 'em. Thanks Mari.

      Delete
  15. Wow - the flares are a little scary! The feathers are great - especially the pastel one. Love the filter photo of the stepping stones. K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not all that scary....but it's the particles in the air that concerns me more. Thanks Karen.

      Delete
  16. Very cool shots with the filters- neat! I'm going to investigate!

    ReplyDelete
  17. everytime I hop over to your blog, makes me miss CC so much love the filters, is it an app on phone or actual filters???

    Big hugs from your neighbor up north in OK

    ReplyDelete
  18. I too love feathers and take photos...You got some lovely nature photos Anni...Michelle

    ReplyDelete

.