my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out
Black and White Background courtesy of free backgrounds




We Chunky Dunk!!

Another Red Alert Day [Saturday] for us here in the Coastal Bend of Texas!! Predicted 114° [F] heat index! And I got up too late to even think of walking outdoors. So, instead, I'll be doing laundry and cleaning house some. But, before I start all that rot, I'm playing a bit. I read the other day on the photo news of the aforementioned NEWS 360 app how to take photos with a camera via looking through any prism. Of course, the photography shown was outdoor subjects. I'm indoors and used items around the house. Mostly a quilt. But one is through the prism onto a scrubbie pad for pots/pans. Here is what I saw:


Scrubbie


Quilt Patterns

- - -

Yesterday I went to a scheduled echo for the neck arteries [carotid ultrasound] as prescribed by my cardiologist. Once done, it doesn't take but 20-30 minutes, and all was clear!! Bud and I went out to lunch afterward to 'celebrate'. Being a Friday, the restaurant was packed. On the north beach area, and LOTS of summer tourists were dining along with us.  To walk off some of the calories consumed at lunch, we perused a nearby tourist trap curio shop. I saw this and had to laugh to myself...




- - -

I am just now getting these images off my cellphone!! These were spotted at a Birding/Wildlife Refuge in town last month; after heavy rainfall! They're Fiddler Crabs, and the ground was literally crawling with them. [The MALE is the only one with the one large claw -for attracting the female- and the female have two small claws.]




24 comments :

  1. They wave that big old claw like they are saying "Come on over"! The prisms are beautiful! I will have to look for this app.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well...you really don't need an app...just a camera & prism

      Delete
  2. OK, I am totally fascinated by the pictures taken through the prism.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. The prism or the crabs? Thanks for the visit today, Jenn

      Delete
  4. Fascinating pictures. I must try taking pictures through a prism sometime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With that app, the outdoor images are very curious.

      Delete
  5. Wow! Those are some huge claws, Anni. And your prism pictures are fascinating! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope to try with the prisms outdoors sometimes after the heat season. lol

      Delete
  6. That prism photography is really neat! And that crabs are quite amazing. I wouldn't want one of those claws after me!
    Hooray for good reports from the Dr for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That claw looks like it could hurt if it got you.
    Great news on your test.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure the claw is lethal for defending too. At least you'd think so, right?

      Delete
  8. Amazing shots of the crab claw! And how cool is the prism - would be good to try it outside too! Keep cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, if I remember to take the prism outdoors sometime, I'm curious to experiment with it.

      Delete
  9. Now that is hot.....we have a storm brewing in the Gulf...heavy rain moving in. We have caught up with our draught for sure.. Great pics as always..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh ya, we're watching this same storm in regards to Texas' coast too. Our meteorologist has his eye on Louisiana where it will 'hit' if it comes into the Gulf.

      Delete
  10. Oh my goodness, Anni.. All those little snappy crabbies are scaring me! Ha! Ha!.. But I LOVE the prism photography! Hope you're enjoying a wonderful weekend! Keep cool! ~tina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. {{{Tina}}} Welcome back to blogland!! It's good to see you.

      Delete
  11. Now I have to find a prism! Humidity moving in here but nothing like yours! The crabs are aways fun to see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The humidity will build up too, I'm thinking, with a tropical storm brewing in the Gulf!

      Delete
  12. I can relate to the heat. Here today heat index 109. Stayed in as been a little puny the last week. Much better today. So thank fl your report was good. Take are of that heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear you're feeling better....health can be such an issue. Oh ya, the heat is on all around Texas. Thanks LV

      Delete

.