my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out


I Tried to Paint a Picture...

...with words!




Light echoes on the gray-blue horizon;
Heat waves, far removed, flicker with the ebbing and flowing tide
A golden arc appears, a distant glow...
A new dawn, a new beginning, the innocence of daybreak... the sun is risin',
Silent acoustics implied.



Slowly awakened, blossoms blush and unfold their brilliance
Seeking the light from afar; they will follow.
Morning light spawns energy; the yellow orb triggers action
...orchestrated by the Greek God, Apollo.
Sunflowers dance, sway, with no distraction.



As if smiling to be alive the blooms'll twist and turn.
Midday shows its light ablaze, the heat would shrivel the best...
but the showpiece standard remains; doesn't burn...
It stands tall, stately; never forlorn, never oppressed.



By day's end, the blossoms retire.
They close to get some rest
...enter a land of dreams.



Soon, another day on the horizon...
A new dawn, a new beginning, the innocence of daybreak awakens.
The flowers will unfold their brilliance
They'll dance and sway with no distractions.
They'll stand tall, stately, and begin anew.
All the while the yellow orb triggers their action...
...and again, they follow the light and by the day's end...
When night falls and the sun sleeps...
'til in the 'morrow, they'll bid us adieu.



Or so it seems!!



YOU, ME & SUNFLOWERS ©
by Hootin' Anni
May 3, 2017

32 comments :

  1. Beautiful words! I think I enjoyed your poem more even than your pictures! You really nailed it when you say "with no distractions" because their devotion to following the sun is tireless. Until it is gone. My favorite pictures are the one with the totally black background, and the last one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words ginny.

      Delete
  2. There are fields and fields of them here now. I'm sure the people in the rehab center are enjoying them as I will, when I head to Hwy 16 to meet a friend in San Antonio for lunch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are particularly pretty against the deep blue sky.

      Delete
  3. Splendid poem and photos, Anni. A lovely way to start my day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is there nothing you can't do, Anni? Thank you for your word pictures. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...ask me if I can touch my toes! 😅

      Delete
  5. I LOVE IT!!!! really beautiful and this is so unfair.. not only can you draw and paint and take wonderful photos you are a wordsmith also...

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful post, Anni! Gorgeous photos of these sunny flowers, and wonderful poetry!

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful in every way!
    hugs,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it and I love sunflowers

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Anni - you are so artistic, even with words!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your art never ceases to amaze me! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! I love your awesome flower photos. You are so artistic with your words. Lovely posting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anni, this is absolutely wonderful! I do love it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A very soothing post. The phrase, "innocence of daybreak" jumped out at me. It's so true and I never thought of daybreak like that before. It is so much like a new babe, guileless, no deception and honest. I just realize why I feel so filled with energy at daybreak and it has always been my favorite time of the day. Thanks and thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for visiting Belva

      Delete
  14. Beautiful photos and poem!
    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete

.