“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes

CLICK IMAGES FOR ENLARGEMENT SLIDESHOW





Post Christmas Season

I'm back. Erik left this evening. It's been a whirlwind week. Lots of fun and games. The weather was iffy many days, really dense fog one day [and we walked...I should say I WALKED...Erik jogged]. We drove to a small historical town [to see part of the history of the Texas Revolution [battles, missions, etc.]. The three of us went out to a movie and dinner one night [Rogue One; which I enjoyed]. We actually went birding a few times. Oh, and eat? Boy did we eat!!

Anyway, one evening we drove to Candy Cane Lane. It's a 10 block area in town near one of the country clubs that have the entire neighborhood lighted for the holidays. It's been a decades-long tradition...and I'd estimate between the 2nd week of December thru the first week of the new year, there are probably 150,000 visitors either doing a drive-thru or a walk-about!! Walking is the logical option in my opinion. You can really look at the lighting displays without having to heed the slow-traffic and foot traffic!! Here are just some of what we saw:



25 comments :

  1. If the weather is good I go for the walking because otherwise I'm driving and cannot see a thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...and the weather WAS perfect. Balmy and silent.

      Delete
  2. I love the Christmas lights! You always take the most amazing photos - day or night and no matter the subject material!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda...happy new year to you and your family.

      Delete
  3. Wow, these are beautiful! The second Santa looks so real!! I think my favorite is ten. So glad you had such a great time! Happy New Year Anni! Wishing you a wonderful year with lots of fun and love. And of course...birds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ginny....you're a sweet blogging friend and I appreciate your words of kindness always.

      Delete
  4. P.S. I like your cute Owl header!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thanks, that's the "hootin'" in me. lol

      Delete
  5. Hi Anni, your photos are amazing. Such beautiful Christmas lights and decorations. Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo, and happy new year to you too.

      Delete
  6. Welcome back. These are awesome. I would love to have a neighborhood around here do something like this. Some of these people really go all out don't they? I would prefer to walk through rather than drive too. You can take more time to stand and gawk at the displays...lol Plus you get the added advantage of walking off all the extra holiday calories you've consumed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...some of the houses had music for our enjoyment and treats!!

      Delete
  7. welcome back, glad you had a fun time eating and visiting. these are as always awesome photos. beautiful night shots...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pictures. They are so beautiful posted, and I can almost imagine what they were like first hand. Thanks for showing them. So glad you had a "rest" while you were away from here. Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...Happy New Year to you too!!

      Delete
  9. BTW....I have a funny Bird Writing that I found and would like to send to you. How???

    ReplyDelete
  10. The light display would be fun to see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was...but most of all, the kids enjoyed it soooooo much!!!

      Delete
  11. Glad you got to spend time with Erick! Candy Cane Lane is pretty and what fun to go through it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always fun....when walking thru. I've driven through it in colder nights and it's just not the same...too stressful watching traffic instead of seeing the sights/lights.

      Delete
  12. Your pictures are wonderful. There is nothing like the holidays to get a gal eating. No excuses now. Fun and visits are behind us. Food is getting back to normal and in some cases, better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...at least healthier. For the most part. An occasional cheeseburger won't hurt, will it? :o)

      Delete
  13. That is quite the display of lights! Thanks for sharing it with me, since I'm not likely to get to see it in person. :-)

    ReplyDelete

.