“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | MEME links | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes

Blog Best Viewed with 1600x900 Monitor or Larger
CLICK IMAGES FOR ENLARGEMENT SLIDESHOW
MEME Links are on one page-Use TAB on the menu bar, above!





I LOVE Watchin' This Bird...I LOVE This Song!

This is a pre scheduled post. I am on blogging hiatus for now, but I made this video to share! Hope you enjoy it as much as I did watching it!!  
** There is a note below the image on how to disable autoplay with YouTube also. You may want to read my note on the 'how to' before you click on the linked image found directly below this text!!


My 3 minute Video of an American Bittern -Click on image above to take you to my YouTube Channel!!  For a song background sound, turn on your speakers!!!



** Ps...if you'd like to disable YouTube's Autoplay feature [where YouTube automatically plays the next video]...do this: When YouTube opens, at the top right corner, you'll see that it's set on your browser to play the next video...click on the radio button and it will shut off that feature! And, it should remember from one time to the next, as long as you have cookies/history up to date.






"Take Me To Texas"

Take me to Texas
Two hundred years ago
Where a pride rose from the ashes of San Jacinto
It still beats in every heart
Like a battle cry
Where I was born, where I was raised, so when I die

Take me to Texas
On the open range
The Rio Grande is in my veins
It’s heaven there
And so my prayer
Is that you’ll take me anywhere in Texas
The only home I know
I’m a child of the Alamo
And the Yellow Rose
So when I go





Take me to Texas
Where my daddy worked
Where his blood and sweat and tears are still in that red dirt
Wild Palominos run
Cowboys are kings
And if I stray too far, I’ll let my Lone Star dreams

Take me to Texas
On the open range
The Rio Grande is in my veins
It’s heaven there
And so my prayer
Is that you’ll take me anywhere in Texas
The only home I know
I’m a child of the Alamo
And the Yellow Rose
So when I go
Take me to Texas

There’s something in the sky
And in your momma’s eyes
So even if you try to move away
You’ll end up on some road somewhere
With your thumb up in the air
When they ask you where you’re headed, you’ll say

Take me to Dallas, Fort Worth, San Antone
Houston, Laredo, Galveston
Or Austin, maybe Abilene
The closest thing I’ve ever seen
To Heaven’s the Gulf of Mexico
I’m a child of the Alamo
And the Yellow Rose
So when I go
Take me to Texas

....Take me to Texas

10 comments :

  1. Thanks for the tip, Anni! And now I'm off to watch your video. Happy Hiatus! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this song to and now I am pondering in my head just Why YOU would Love this song??? ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh MY, a Bittern!! The most secretive of all birds! Look how stealthily he moves. I think most people have never seen one, sightings are very rare. What a great Christmas surprise! WONDERFUL poem!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy trails to you for the new year!
    (ツ) from Cottage Country Ontario , ON, Canada!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always hated that auto play thing but never knew how to stop it. Thanks for pointing that out. I enjoyed the song.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the tip! What a special bird on the video!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good video - good tip! All's good! Thanks for showing bittern action!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anni we hope you had a lovely Christmas and a very Happy New year.
    Hugs madi and mom

    ReplyDelete
  9. I so enjoyed your video and the music..so relaxing and beautiful. is that a young bird?
    hope you're having wonderful holidays with loved ones. :)
    hugs,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved the video of this funny bird and the song is wonderful! Hope you had a very nice Christmas and wishing you all sweet things in the coming year. xx Hugs Karen

    ReplyDelete

.