“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes

CLICK IMAGES FOR ENLARGEMENT SLIDESHOW





A SPECIAL HOSTESS, A SPECIAL LADY...

No copyright infringement intended...this is for the purpose of 'walking down memory lane'....


Our hostess, special lady, and fellow Texan, announced last weekend that she will be stepping down from GOOD FENCES linking meme. The news saddens me, but I can truly understand that the job of hosting a meme each and every week becomes a chore after a long time of keeping up with each and everyone who joins in, with such a large amount of participants!!!. Theresa's realm began on March 27, 2014. With this to say:
"Welcome to the Good Fences link-up which will open here every Thursday morning. Thank you, Jan, at Life According to Jan and Jer, for handing off the baton of Friday's Fences which she began and ran for two years. Since I'm opening the link on Thursday mornings instead of evenings, I've renamed the meme to Good Fences, as in Robert Frost's saying, "Good fences make good neighbors." Anyone who has ever had livestock (or livestock next door) will easily agree with that statement, and probably most folks who've had humans living next door, too. ;) Although I've participated in plenty, I'm new to hosting a link-up, but I'm keeping this one simple - just a list without thumbnails (most fence photos are landscape shots which wouldn't show much detail in the thumbnail anyway)..."

Ms. T's [what I always called her] first fence image was this:


It's now part of our history in blogland! Truly, in time, it will be an archive...but the memories of her sweet demeanor and joyful smile to us all will not be forgotten!

Theresa, may your next journey beyond the Good Fences of the Lone Star State be fulfilling and mixed with great moments of happy days!! You will be missed!!  From me to you 'It's been a true pleasure getting to know you...you're one of a kind, and you truly blessed me with a friendship even tho we've never met in person'

Now, for the last time for Good Fences I'm adding my photos. One of my favorite birding refuges has been re-landscaping the pathway to the pond; adding a bamboo/grass fence...







41 comments :

  1. this bamboo is the perfect beautiful tribute to TexWisGirl. I will miss her a lot, she was one of my first blog friends way back in 09.. I did not realize how long the good fence has been going on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely picture of the bamboo fences. I hope your friend gets to host some other meme.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, but it's my understanding Ms. T will 'retire' from blogging.

      Delete
  3. This is sad. Will she still be just posting on her blog? LOVE your bamboo fence! I have never seen one, and did not know there even was such a thing. Bamboo is supposed to be very strong, so I guess this would be great fence material.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really don't know her plans for the future...you have to ask her. LOL

      Thanks Ginny.

      Delete
  4. I will miss her, too. Just don't get any ideas about stopping your own blog, Anni, I think I couldn't take another sad moment so close to all these others. Life goes on, but that doesn't mean I'm always ready! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've slowed down considerably with blogging. At one time when I first started I blogged EVERY day. Now I'm doing good to compose a post once a week. LOL But I have no intention of stopping.

      She WILL be missed. Thanks D J

      Delete
  5. She brought many smiles to so many faces! While I never participated myself, I enjoyed so many of the posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, she was a stellar hostess!! And always a smile and friendly hand to those who needed the help.

      Thanks Linda.

      Delete
  6. I too will miss Theresa and her post. Like your bamboo fence.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I recall be involve in a few meme and also a few blogger party. Which I found fun and great way of meeting all sort of neat people.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely bamboo fence.

    Wow...she hosted for so long. In blogsphere 1 year is like a decade. She did a good job :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She did an excellent job of hosting Good Fences!!!
      Thanks for the fence compliment.

      Delete
  9. It's always sad to see a good blogger move on. I never visited her blog but know several who participated in that meme.
    I like that bamboo fence.
    Happy Thanksgiving

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ann, and have a happy thanksgiving yourself!

      Delete
  10. What a beautiful tribute to Theresa and her meme. I met her and linked up in 2014 while I was living in Tanzania, East Africa. I will certainly miss her. Have a great Thanksgiving weekend, Anni. Blessings. Jo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Anni, what a great tribute to Theresa. She will be missed. Love your fencing photos. Happy Thursday, enjoy your day and the weekend ahead! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Happy Thanksgiving Eileen.

      Delete
  12. You expressed it well! I love the fence in your top photo - we don't see fences or gates like that around here. Happy thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can take no credit for the top photo, that's Theresa's.

      Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family too, Karen.

      Delete
  13. oh, anni, thank you. i have been crying all morning, and much of this past week, too. leaving blogland is very difficult, but i think i need a change. i will miss the good souls here. seeing the beauty shared around the world and feeling the kindness of folks we've never met - it is a special neighborhood. blessings to you, always, and continued happy birding.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Anni!:) You expressed so well what many of us are feeling, and after reading Theresa's comment, I'm in tears too.

    I love your new bamboo fencing. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Thanksgiving Anni, Bud and Tahoe....and we wish Ms. T happy trails and warm breezes as you moves about this big world
    Hugs madi and mom

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Thanksgiving, Annie and Bud. I hope you have a wonderful day today. Tex will be sorely missed but I completely understand the need to take breaks from social media.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dearest Anni; First of all, thank you very much for your sweet comment. After a long day, finding your sweet comment gave me a bit energy to tidy up kitchen of dinner p:-)
    I truly appreciate for Theresa's kindness through these days. Yes,memes (like yours as well) are giving me great pleasure and energy to write posts☆☆☆
    Oh, your your fence today look like Japanese one and also have a Japanese atmosphere. Made me really HAPPY to see this garden in your country♪

    Happy Thanksgiving Day to your and yur people;
    Sending Lots of Love and Hugs from Japan to my Dear friend in America, xoxo Miyako*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You said it is 'birding refuges' and re-landscaping the pathway to the pond; maybe it should not be called garden. I LOVED it(♡^.^♡)
      Night Night from Japan; haha it's past midnight. Miyako*

      Delete
  18. You and Theresa make a good pair and I am not surprised that you developed a friendship ... perhaps you will meet in person one day and be able to extend your friendship into the real world with a big hug. It will rock our world for awhile because she has been so consistently a part of our lives and always with a smile. I wish her well and yes, I can perfectly understand the need for a break. You too Annie ... you always rise above the fray with positive things to share and good sence assessment of the world around us. I am grateful that you will still be with us ...

    Andrea @ From the Sol

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yes we will miss Theresa---- Nice tribute.
    Happy Thanksgiving
    Enjoy!
    MB

    ReplyDelete
  20. You said it all and so well. Theresa will remain in my heart as she is special - very special.

    ReplyDelete
  21. A very fitting tribute to a very special blogging friend to us all in Good Fences.
    The new landscaping looks great, I like the bamboo fencing!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Boy, will we all miss her! She has been such a consistent friend...

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely post and photos and excellent tribute to hostess of Good Fences ~ we will miss her and her wonderful link ~

    Happy Thanksgiving to you ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  25. What lovely shots! Theresa will be sorely missed. I host Our World so understand what a lot of work it is to host...

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fine tribute to TWG, Anni, and I hope you had a fantastic Thanksgiving!
    ~

    ReplyDelete
  27. what a great post Anni. Theresa must love it :) And I love your beautiful bamboo fence :)

    ReplyDelete

.