“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | MEME links | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes

Blog Best Viewed with 1600x900 Monitor or Larger
MEME Links are on one page-Use TAB on the menu bar, above!





Liar Liar Pants on Fire....aka General Stuff

One: A trick I learned quite a while ago with smart phones... ...if you want a macro shot quick and don't want to mess with buttons and gadgets and settings...after camera is loaded, focus on your object, touch the screen any where to 'lock it' on the subject and shoot!! Your main focal point is clear while background is 'blurred'.

Two: Can you see me now?



Three: This is crazy. These guys are NOT paid enough in my opinion.




FOUR: A  new meaning to hazardous waste collection:



FIVE: Texas Trivia - The 1850 census recorded 213,000 people in Texas. In 1900, there were three million people, and by 1990, the population was more than 16 million. Today, approximately 18 million people live in Texas, only slightly outnumbering its 15 million cattle.

SIX:   Here, I go again...Media Bias & Liars - I read an interesting article that when taken in context of the 'whole', it makes sense!! But, I still have to disagree in part. I too think the media is one-sided. And again, to me, journalism should give BOTH sides of the stories covered. Not just the good [or bad whichever case it may be] because of who's paying your wage or bringing revenue [i.e. commercial, advertising time]. Politicians this year are really hitting the media hard. Yes, one station shows favoritism to one party...but then again, the OTHER station is leaning toward the OTHER party. And, for us commoners, what do we believe...in other words 'who lies most'? Reporters for the internet and newspapers/news magazines twist words to extreme...One instance recently comes to mind:
    Guiliani's speech this summer at the RNC [on media] Giuliani described this enemy as “Islamic extremist terrorism.” Then he paused to lecture reporters: "For the purpose of the media, I did not say all of Islam. I did not say most of Islam. I said Islamic extremist terrorism." My opinion: We all have been witness to the truth being exposed without real truths!
I just, these days, can't help but think in the back of my mind, no one is honest any more. From the politicians right down to the 'homeless' who are panhandling the street corners [are they truly in dire straits  when I've seen them at liquor stores using the hand-outs to buy schnapps. Or at the corner convenient store for cigarettes or chewing tobacco!!!] I have two graphics I picked up online [where, I can't remember so I can't give credit...but they're NOT MINE and I am not attempting any infringement, just putting it out here for my points in this #6 segment]. The gal in #4 could make a fortune cleaning up the hazardous waste of the political news, media ... I'm just saying.







Oh, and one more thing if you're still with me on politics/politicians. I've read so many comments on my blog when I go off on a tangent about the government and upcoming election. Commentors have stated "I wish there were more parties than Democrat and Republican." Well, I beg to differ!!!! There are not only Dems and Reps, there's also the Independent Party [established in 1967],  Libertarian Party [established in 1971] and the Green Party [established in 1991]...not to mention the "Tea Party" from the McCain/Palin era to name a few! Read more here

37 comments :

  1. I agree those guys are not paid enough whatever it is and neither is the elephant girl. yikes, what if it misses.. will have to try the touch screen thing with phone.. might not work on my cheap LG but will try it. about that last sign, it is most definitely not working. the constitution i mean

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL....never thought of the elephant missing the target. O M Goodness.

      Delete
  2. I am all for firing every one those in D.C. and starting over. All those fat cats up there, get rid of all them. Super venting the Constitution whenever they feel like it, heck, if I did the things that Pantsuit & her rapist husband did, I would be in jail. Digressing...

    You can't pay me enough to do the aerial flying job (wink). And I am chanting, "Rudy, Rudy, Rudy!!!!" wink

    Have a beautiful day friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You digress all you want to dear Linda....what you say, you're mimicking me!!!

      Delete
  3. OH, I laughed at that elephant picture. Oh my! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sure agree with waste management! Funny.....and the political stuff is getting awful. They even call my home. How did they get me on their list to call? I'm on the Do Not Call list and update it all the time and they still call!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only answer the phone when I recognize the proper ringtones [I have a separate one for Bud, Erik, Irene, the cardiologist, and my sister]....otherwise I let it ring and ignore it.

      Delete
    2. We have landline. Flip phone for travel only.

      Delete
  5. Good for you for stating your opinions. The news media is actually concentrating on reports that stimulate the violence in our country, rather than looking for things that might make peace. Ugh! I am not signing up for the waste removal job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a long time coming, and it's the media that has triggered so much.

      Delete
  6. I, just changed my political party last month to no-party--so now I can vote for someone other than two major parties--we really really need to build up one or two of these smaller parties so that we have a choice--as with the last 2 elections--we really don't have a choice this time--how do you pick between bad and bad???
    thanks for listening--
    love and laughter, di

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I can see your point.
      But then again, there is always bad and good in EVERYONE that chooses to run for office, no matter what party.

      Delete
  7. I don't know what those guys are paid but THERE IS NOT ENOUGH MONEY IN THE WORLD TO GET ME TO DO IT!! PERIOD. NOT A FAN OF HIGH PLACES.

    ELEPHANT POOP CATCHER TAKES HAZARDOUS PAY TO ANOTHER LEVEL. lol

    HUGS AND THANKS FOR STOPPING BY
    mADI AND MOM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like heights either!

      Delete
  8. You are right about the Constitution, it is to limit government, not the people. One amendment says "all rights not listed herein to the federal government are reserved to the states" yet the feds step in everywhere. Now those are two jobs I wouldn't do, the elephant waste removal and the guys being lowered from a helicopter. Brave people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know...and as Linda stated above, 'fire them all' and start with a clean slate!!

      Delete
  9. I wonder why the other parties like Libertarian never win anything? Probably they never have enough money. What is that mysterious animal in your first picture? Great phone camera tip, I will be trying it. Those men hanging from the helicopters, I have recently seen that here. NO, they don't get paid near enough! What are they doing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think the other parties have much government backing...as far as I know just a couple independents in Congress...plus as you say...money is an issue.

      Delete
  10. My father was just telling me the other day about how they use a helicopter to bring them men to work on the high power lines! Neat to see a photo of it! Also interesting that there are more people than cattle in Texas! Here in Iowa, pigs outnumber people by 6 to 1 if I recall correctly. Good one about the Constitution's purpose being to limit the government, not the people. The government has grown way out of proportion. You are right that the media is terribly biased. Headlines can be *so* deceiving. Researching the war in Syria a couple years ago, I read American news sources, Vatican news, Peruvian, Israeli, and Russian--wow, did that shine light on how narrow our coverage is! The American news sources were giving the half of the story that they wanted us to hear, and the Russians were getting the other half that their government/media wanted them to hear! Too bad it's so hard to get the truth, the *whole* truth, and nothing but the truth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always enjoy your political views Bethany!! You're so 'into' everything that surrounds and happens to us. Well said.

      Delete
  11. I would hate to be the Waste Removal girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...and that goes for me too.

      Delete
  12. The next time I think I'm having a bad day I'll remember the guys hanging from the helicopter and the lady collecting elephant waste...lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. The guy dangling from the helicopter????? I am glad there are people in this world brave enough to do those types of jobs. Not me!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It boggles the mind. Just who comes up with these ideas on 'how to repair' things like this?!!!

      Delete
  14. Interesting photos today! I would not be hanging from that helicoptor, or behind that elephant. :)
    Media bias is so blatant and irritating. As for political parties, I would like none. Lets just look at what each person stands for and vote that way.
    PS - glad you saw my Sandhill Cranes today. I thought of you when I posted them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. your photos of the cranes were awesome!

      Delete
  15. Yup...i learn the same trick too with smart phones. works great if snapping photos of plants and human but doesn't work if am trying to snap photo of sunrise/sunset...or at least i have not discover how....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I don't think the 'macro' would be for a sunset, unless you have an object...say a silhouetted object in the foreground.

      Delete
  16. I would say our garbage collector is a close second to all of this. For some reason they make them do a "quick step" lifting who knows how much of who knows what while the truck rolls along.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here, the trucks that collect garbage are all automated.

      Delete
  17. These are interesting photos. Your blog is always awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, as always Brenda.

      Delete
  18. You are always a breath of fresh air, Anni, a woman who tells it like it is. I think maybe there was a time when being a journalist was an honorable profession. Probably the same is true of being a politician! Nowadays there is so much out of context or a downright lie that I discount most of what I read. No thanks to elephant waste management! Is that a weasel in your furry photo?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barb....and congratulations once again.
      That is a squirrel lounging on a tree branch.

      Delete

.