my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out


Sunday Morning...

My morning walk consisted of only 7800+ steps before I had to head back to where I parked the car. The sun broke from the clouds and the heat and humidity was building intensely. I decided to walk in and around the seawall, hitting some of the 'cultural' areas of the downtown walkway. I parked in the vacant art museum parking lot since the museum itself was still closed for the day [too early for them to be open], and 'hit the planned trail'...

...first stop, the Harbor Playhouse. Here, Bud and I have attended several plays performed by amateur actors. And we have never left disappointed. For the next few weeks the show will be The Little Mermaid



Oh, between the playhouse and the museum parking lot, I walked in around and thru the circle fountain watergarden. During the Month of October...Breast Cancer Awareness Month, the fountain turns PINK  But the pigeons don't; their feet are already pink....





...closed or not when I went walking, there are a couple of bronze sculptures outdoors. One the Texas Longhorn, and the other is a Bison.






...but of course some of the sculptures' titles and the artists' imagination boggles my mind!! This particular one, entitled Sea Bird, is no more a sea bird than I am; in my thoughts!! Through my eyes, it reminds me of a big blob of clay with a bronze casting. Perhaps,  just perhaps, the lower portion MAY be a wave?!! I wanna ask what Fernando was smoking?!! Through the eyes of the beholder I guess...



...in this area, the Harbor Bridge dominates the landscape. No matter where you are, the bridge is over your shoulder as you turn away from the Convention Center [the 2nd photo in this series below] or when you turn to snap a photo of another bizarre iron piece of art[?} sculpture.





After I walked this area, I headed toward the seawall. The open sea, the ships' activities, the shrimp boats and people watching. But, since there are quite a few images to load on this post already, I'll share more on another Sunday Walk. To be continued...

46 comments :

  1. Lovely, once again. There seems to be an endless supply of interest nooks and crannies for you to explore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As with all areas in our world, there is interests everywhere if you know where to look. Even within. Deep, I know. *wink

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the walking tour - it was fun! Lots to see, that's for sure. Love that logo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Logo? The Little Mermaid Poster?
      Thanks for coming along Jen.

      Delete
  3. A very pleasant walk, or at least until the heat started cranking up :) Love that fountain.
    The sea bird is a bit baffling

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Baffling indeed. I just don't see much of anything in that one. lol

      Delete
  4. Anni 7,800 steps and a camera full of gorgeous photos. The humidity is a show stopper here too. We have been walking outside since March but the last few weeks that has ceased. Hugs to you, your B and Winnie and Tahoe
    Madi and mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it would just rain, the humidity may be a bit more tolerable...y'know?

      Delete
  5. I love the fountain and how inviting it looks, I def. would of not stepped another foot away from it, smiles. Giggling over the seabird, hmm...Have a joyful week, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can almost feel the heat there, Anni. And I keep forgetting to mention how much I like your pretty bird waterspot. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks DJ....I've been very envious of your Washington state temps and weather pattern's 'bout now.

      Delete
  7. nothing like a strong walk and taking great images. like you, i don't see a bird in that sculpture but the other one looks like wildflowers to me. loved that fountain. have a great day and keep stepin'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly can say that that 'wildflower' sculpture is even named. I too like the fountain. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  8. Lovely shots of the water garden.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fernando Turegano could learn a thing or two from Robert Summers sculptures which are VERY life-like, and pleasing. Lovely area for a walk especially with having an attractive circular fountain. I also like the breast cancer awarness idea. Stay cool Anie!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the pink fountain is kinda neat. And I agree with what you state here about F. Turegano

      Delete
  10. My very favorite today is the awesome fountain and pigeons shots. So pretty! The very last picture in the collage with part of the art museum in the background may be my favorite. But I love them ALL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a nice area to walk around to see the points of interest to be sure.

      Delete
  11. LOVE the bull and the buffalo.... and that fountain is wonderful, right now i would like to sit in it... the heat is killing me. i love visiting places that are not open..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too....I could sit in the coolness 'bout now.

      Delete
  12. Love the walk and I think my favorite spot was the circle fountain watergarden....

    Visiting from Nature Notes...

    Donna@GardensEyeView
    and Living FromHappiness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Donna....it's a consensus, everyone likes the fountain best.

      Delete
  13. Thank you for letting me tag along. Kind of you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words Martin.

      Delete
  14. Since our temperatures have been in the upper 90s, I must say the water fountain photos are my favorite. I feel cooler just looking at them!
    I am spending a lot of time indoors reading and doing crossword puzzles.
    Hope you are having a great week!
    Lea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here....I haven't colored in my adult coloring books for some time...been doing that quite a bit myself. Too hot to do ANYthing outdoors.

      Delete
  15. Wonderful photos and presentation and how delightful it so nearby ~ that is often the case ~ one reason I am glad to be home from my trip ~ so much here 'right in front of my nose' ~
    Grateful ~

    Happy Week to you and Happy Fourth of July ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Travel is good, but America is great.

      Delete
  16. And a beautiful Sunday walk it was -- odd sculpture notwithstanding. It's good to have shady areas to walk in weather like you're having. We are home in Oregon now and everyone is complaining about the heat -- it is high of 80 and slight breeze -- a cool day for us Gulf Coasters. We laugh to ourselves!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh definitely....80 sounds pretty terrific 'bout now.

      Delete
  17. You have so many beautiful places to walk in your area. I enjoyed your photos, especially the fountain and the pigeons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too....I always hafta stop and sit along the fountain if ever we're down in the area.

      Delete
  18. I love water gardens and yours is beautiful!!! Fort Worth has one and I haven't been to it in YEARS!!! You can't see it from the streets around the area. Perhaps this fall I will go on my very own field trip!! You do so many interesting things! Love seeing what you are up to!!! ALways SOMETHING!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fun for us bloggers to go along on 'field trips'!!

      Delete
  19. Beautiful images. I like the circle water fountain. Very beautiful and I'm sure cooling from it's spray on a hot day.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love being taken on a walk in a new part of the world. The sounds of the water fountain come across through your photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, you can hear the fountain long before you can visualize.

      Delete
  21. Hello Anni, looks like a pretty spot for a walk. The water fountain is beautiful. I like the sculptures too. Thanks for sharing your walk. Great photos. Enjoy your day and have a happy week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I really like the longhorn steer and the buffalo sculptures. You always find wonderful things on your walks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a relaxing, calming time spent looking out to sea. As long as the season temps are tolerable. :0)

      Delete
  23. I really enjoyed your photos. What an interesting place to visit!

    ReplyDelete

.