Oh....the Weather Outside Is.....DELIGHTFUL!!




Today, I'm gonna play catch-up on my posting. Since Sunday's post was a severe weekend weather update, with power and cable outages most of the two days, I missed writing about Sister's Day celebration. Friday morning, my sister and I were on speaker phone together as we opened our gifts we sent each other to celebrate being sisters...I sent her almond tea cookies and flavored teas along with an imported silver bolo necklace with a filigreed 'real' leaf on the pendant. She sent me an infinity scarf with bird figures and a Willow tree figurine "Simple Joys...You're Simply a Joy in my Life". I believe this is our 28th consecutive year we've done this together. We toasted, with synchronized clocks, at 7:30PM with each a glass of champagne "To Siserhood...live long and well"!!...





In my previous post, I also mentioned that with boredom overtaking me, I packed away the St. Patrick's stuff and put out a few Easter things to decorate a bit...





And, again, yesterday, one comment after the post mentioned all the yard flowers I shared the week before. Well, I traipsed out in the muddy waters to inspect damages. Not much other than a flooded yard. The trees and flowers faired well. Except for the pink petunias I planted a little over a week ago; they were pretty well chopped up, but I found a few unscathed...



Geranium & Foundation Ferns


Tombstone Rose & Don Juan Climbing Rose


Fairy & Gazing Ball [it didn't get broken in the storm!]


Bougainvillea and Palm with Bird Bath  - Another Don Juan Climbing Rose


Rose Bud & Pyracantha Blossoms [white flowers]


Wild Rose & Red Hibiscus [this was a Sister's Day gift several years ago]

So, despite having no internet and power over the weekend, everything is nearing normal once again. I thank all who visited with me. After I take advantage today of having the birding islands to myself all day, and enjoying more outdoors, I will play catch-up with visiting y'all!!
Signing off for the day. Ya, I have internet access, and elated.

30 comments :

  1. your flowers are beautiful and the foundation ferns are one of my favorite of ferns., our yard is full of them and my camera can't let them alone. beautiful gifts for both of you and the gift of having a sister. i only have a brother and always wanted a sister.. you are both blessed... your rabbits are so cute

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed I am blessed having the best sister one could ever want.

      Delete
  2. So sorry for the flooded yard but nature has a way of doing damage and then repairing itself. glad you didn't get too much damage. It's cute what you and your sister have done for so long. My sister is 9 years older than me and we weren't close growing up, closer as adults. she's 91 now, spry as can be. I hope to follow in her footsteps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sister is 6 years older than I am. But she is MUCH more spry than I am.

      Delete
  3. Your flowers are so pretty and it doesn't surprise me that the fairy and gazing ball didn't get broke. They have magic powers don't ya know :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do have magical powers, don't they?

      Delete
  4. I don't see much damage to your flowers at all. They're very pretty! No power! At least you were safe and warm. Oh! and your willow tree figurine is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only had one in my possession...so my sister did good.

      Delete
  5. Love, love your bunnies and all the beautiful colors. I've never seen a Willow Tree figurine with color, and it's quite lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sister KNEW about purple that I love with anything. She did good. LOL

      Delete
  6. Your flowers are lovely! Over here, we still have snow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes....but thing is, when our flowers are beautiful and you have snow, we tend to have smaller, less blossoms when YOU have the beauty!!

      Delete
  7. What a neat idea to celebrate sister's day even when you can't be together. Beautiful flowers and a treat to see as we are still waiting for new the new life of spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our Spring comes early....earlier than most in the northern parts....but we suffer a longer, hotter summer too.

      Delete
  8. Lovely, Thank you for this

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a delightful post Anni! Although I don't have a "blood" sister (and my only brother died of Leukaemia at the age of 34 back in 1976), I do have a couple of special friends who are as near to sisters as I'll get - your unique ritual is wonderful; long may it continue.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think it is so neat what you and your sister do...love all the flowers, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you have internet! I liked your flowers so much and the little cherub! I have had eye trouble all week so I have not been able to do all the link ups, so far behind. I will try next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope your week improves!!!

      Delete
  12. My sister has been in Florida with my stepmother helping her with things after my Dads death... She is the best..... Enjoyed the photos... Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, sisters....they're the best friends a gal could have.

      Delete
  13. I love the way you celebrate sisterhood! I remember you posting about this before. :)
    Your flowers are so pretty, even after the storm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My brother in law ALSO participated he liked the idea so much.

      Thanks Mari.

      Delete
  14. Weather has been so weird everywhere this year ..l glad y'all are safe.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your flowers are beautiful! We had some springtime snow in Germany recently and it was beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. The flowers are so pretty and I do hope that the waters have receded back... We have 68' today and the other day the high was 27 and possible snow this weekend... Happy Easter~

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love seeing your sister's lovely script. And you reminded me I should do this with my own sister! We never miss a chance to share a glass of wine together. :-)

    ReplyDelete

.