my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out


Kits, Cats, Tales, and True....

It's been a while since last I blogged. The term is busy. Most days it's been filled with wonderful weather that I just do not want to be indoors. Altho, after our outings, I tend to sit down in the sun streaked dining room, at the dining room table, and color while winding down from our birding adventures. [one shown I tried to make it like the old Dutch 'delft' color shades] Today, clear skies tell me we're going to go to a birding hot spot [with reported 'excellent' birding opportunities on American Birding Association Texas' site] up north of Corpus about an hour from home. We plan to spend the entire morning there, walking along the river banks and the park. It will be a new area to explore. And the birds seen the last week or two include a lot of 'new' species I haven't had the chance to photograph. Wish me luck. A couple of days since I blogged, Bud and I have been trimming bushes/trees/plants in the yard!!

There have been several articles online that I have read as I wait for Bud to get up and get ready to 'face the day'. Some very interesting ones at that.

One: about the climate change. Now, I tend to disbelieve a lot of the hype about the actions of us humans creating the extremes, and this piece of work kinda explains just what I have thought/felt about it all. The very last paragraph, quoted by scientists who have studied the effects of the change....all summed up to what I've been thinking all along!
    The Earth naturally cycles between cool glacial periods and warmer interglacial periods because of variations in its orbit around the sun. We currently are in an interglacial period, called the Holocene epoch, which began nearly 12,000 years ago.
For some thought... the highrise buildings within large cities do cause extreme heat to rise and create the extreme temps. It is the glass windows on the mufti-storied buildings around the world that reflect the sunlight and in turn the heat rays go back into the atmosphere...think:  Sunlight through a magnifying glass...what happens?. With, the natural climate change of earth revolving around the sun 'as the world turns'...this is probably not helping, but it's NOT the main reason. In other words, tho human-created in only PART, this 'heating up' is a natural occurrence, we are just living/witnessing the time of the interglacial period.

Two: Remember back in 'my day' learning meant to go to the school library or if your family was lucky enough to have them at home, we'd use encyclopedias? Like Britanica or other complete sets? With the internet, the learning processes now take us to Wikipedia....which is 15 years old this year!! The fun reading is a question asked "What does Wikipedia Mean to You?". So many have responded....and so many reflect our very own thoughts. Read some here.

Three: So I won't get carried away, the planets are lined up in the dawn sky this month! I woke up at dark-o-thirty on purpose this morning  And as I stated above, in hopes of having a clear sky... It was perfect.  So I traipsed outdoors in the dark just now and the planets are lined up east to west in the pre-dawn hour!  Amazing!! [note: this is not my photo! No copyright infringement intended]

image courtesy of Google Image search

Four: Latest news about my favorite TV program, NCIS....Tony [Michael Weatherly] is not going to return next season!!  After 13 years as Special Agent Tony DiNozzo, he chose to leave us.  How will they write his character out, y'wonder?  My mind is racing.  lol   A sad day in bedrock, tho.

Five:  Some photo shares for memes this latter part of the week....fences, critters and photo hunt [cat].





My pretty kitti....tahoe, while sleeping. But pay attention to the LAST photo. She, was becoming a bit disturbed at my interfering with her naptime, and tried to flip me off!!!!



61 comments :

  1. I'm with you on the earth's natural temperature fluctuations. That must have been pretty amazing to see the plants all lined up!
    Nice boardwalk and fencing and I hope you have a super day birding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you kindly!!! I hope to find a 'new' bird today. lol

      Delete
  2. Such an interesting post from climate science to the kitty. I'm glad someone got that shot of the planets lined up. It's probably perfect here right now to view it, but the trees are in the way which means I'd have to bundle up in this cold weather and trudge through the snow to a clear view. So I'll take your word for it. :-) Love that boardwalk shot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have a 'good enough' camera to capture the alignment...but it's something to see. I can understand not wanting to get out in the cold/snow! For anything. lol

      Delete
  3. Great post Anni and fun to read. Pretty coloring art. Agree with you on the climate change theory. Tony's leaving????? Say it ain't soooooooo......okay, I think he ought to meet up with Zeva and they go off together in the sunset. The planets are aligned for such an event :) Tahoe looks how I feel this morning. I can feel the blizzard coming and I don't want to get out of bed at the thought of it. Happy birding to you and have a great trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bud thinks the same thing about Ziva and Tony.

      Delete
  4. You know, the earth's been around for a helluva long time. Do humans really think them to be so powerful as to destroy the planet (other than THe BoMB). Earth protects itself, by drought, flood, ice... It'll survive.
    I was up too, the past two mornings, early and watching the skies. Didn't know why it looked special, but I felt it. Thanks for the clarification, Anni. Happy days to you an Bud!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Ms. V.....your words are damned straight!!! You go girl!!
      And being up early, even a confused state, you felt it, and it was there all along.

      Delete
  5. cute kitty and nice fence shadows. neat planetary alignment. and i wondered if 'tony's' leaving the show had anything to do with his dui arrest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought of that too....it seems he has put on a lot of weight lately, due to heavy drinking maybe?

      Delete
  6. Hello Anni, great shadow shots and your Tahoe is a cutie! I will miss Tony on NCIS. Happy Thursday, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. personally, I think I'll miss him...but never did I miss Ziva.

      Delete
  7. Hello Annie!:) What a lovely blue design! Your theory about climate change is pretty much what my hubby and I think, and weve been in agreement with you for years. Great fence and kitty shot, and that last photo made me LOL!!:))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Made me giggle too, so naturally I had to include it in the series. lol

      Delete
  8. great read and photographs. Love Kitty adn the shadows on the baord walk. Of course the BArn OWl is fantastic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The barn owl is over at my birding photo blog...just follow the link!

      Delete
  9. I think after 13 years NCIS might be over for me. It's never been the same for me after Ziva anyway. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never cared for Ziva myself...she was way too arrogant for my taste.

      Delete
  10. Guess I'll have to find another show to tune into because Ziva started the exit, now Tony; show is collapsing. Oh well....By the way, my theory is that nature rules the planet. It has been changing since, well, forever.....I'm not afraid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since forever....exactly!!!

      Delete
  11. Nothing like being outdoors enjoying nature. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My sis-in-law gave me a coloring book for Christmas, so I'm just now joining in the fun that has been going on for several years.
    Love your cat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen them around, but was leery of getting any for myself. Now, I'm hooked.

      Delete
  13. Ohhhhhhhhhhhh I love your shades of blue and aqua coloring project...Very clever to just use shades of colors. I think I'll try that too. You have a good eye.

    Tahoe, I feel your pain on all the flashing of a photo sessions when napping.
    I hope you got some treats!
    Hugs madi your bfff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was getting a bit annoyed to be sure!!! This particular image to color just called to me to make it look like the Dutchware.

      Delete
  14. I hadn't heard the news at NCIS as yet. Really, how will they do without Tony?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many times he's been the 'comedy relief' in the program. I don't know how it can survive. That replacement for Ziva wasn't a good choice either. lol [tho I didn't care for Ziva either]

      Delete
  15. Love the owl and your kitty!! What a cutie!! I haven't even had my TB on in well over a year!! Just never was a favorite as I preferred books and I can get the "daily news mess" on my computer! Weird, I know, but that's been "my caption" for a long time!! Great post as always, Anni! I hope you have a a lovely weekend!! Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I watch programs like NCIS online. No TV here either...except for watching DVDs.

      Delete
  16. In case you didn't notice, I can't even "spell" TV anymore!! YIPES!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL....I knew exactly what you meant tho Sylvia.

      Delete
  17. what a pleasure thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure I followed your link to YOUR blog...but thank YOU Martin.

      Delete
  18. Can you send some of your sunny days my direction. It's been rainy/wet here all week long. - I know that is a bummer on NCIS, I liked that character.
    Great shadow fence shot & your kitty photos made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ida....I'm really enjoying the sunny, mild days this time of year. After a long hot summer, this is bliss.

      Delete
  19. Great fence and nature shots ~ Love the kitty photos ~ adorable!

    Happy Weekend to you, ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  20. I agree with you on the climate change theory, though I don't think we humans have been entirely kind to our planet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What disturbs me is the trash....but then, what can we do for that? Any ideas?

      Delete
  21. I think Tahoe was flipping you off! Beautiful 'delft' colouring, I'll have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...this coloring is becoming addictive. Thanks Jacqueline

      Delete
  22. hello friend, enjoyed this post

    ReplyDelete
  23. i like your coloring page. i'm becoming intrigued by those adult coloring books.

    pretty fence and shadow and your kitty is pretty too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Felicia. Our kitty is a spoiled lady!!!

      Delete
  24. Very interesting! I agree with what you wrote on climate change. Love the photos of Tahoe - made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL....she is comical a lot of times.

      Delete
  25. Tahoe has some tude! (As a kitty should!)
    ~

    ReplyDelete
  26. Interesting post! Nice colours! And cats don't like to be disturbed...

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks for the climate info. I'm sure dreading summer and it will be here so soon. Seems we just haven't had any winter. I used to love our Texas summers but at my age and health it is getting harder and harder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But the inferno of summer here in Texas is MUCH better than being homebound with tons of snow that keeps coming for months in winter!!!

      Delete
  28. Lovely fence and shadow. That certainly looks like one cozy cat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...a very spoiled cat!! :-)

      Delete
  29. Good morning, Anni! I wanted to stop back and say thank you for linking up your Tahoee and post. Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your kitty is definitely sending you a message! LOL

    Great shots for this week's hunt . . .

    ReplyDelete
  31. Fun to see when Hootin Annie is photohunting!
    Purrfect pictures :-)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Fun to see when Hootin Annie is photohunting!
    Purrfect pictures :-)

    ReplyDelete

.