my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out


My Busy-ness....

This job of work is keeping me offline for the most part. I've not been able to visit with anyone except for making time when I host The Bird D'Pot on Saturday afternoon and Sunday. Yesterday, at the beginning of my 'work day' I ran into a problem that delayed my finishing the bath. I long ago decided to rid myself of a lot of 'unwanted' clutter. This time around, just a framed work here and there. But, I wanted to 'recycle' a couple of frames that I had in the bedroom...I took them off the bedroom wall, and both literally fell apart!!! I had to stop there and do some repair work on them before I could put in the new art! That took a couple or more hours of my morning...before I could begin with the 2nd coat of paint! Geeze. Lately, as I've posted previously, I've been working off and on in the master bathroom. There are three separate rooms here. The tub room, the lavatory, and then off these rooms, a walk-in closet. Removing the wallpaper from the 'old' decorum and then scrubbing/sanding the walls preparing them for a couple coats of paint took the longest! After that, it was Bud's turn. He built a similar wooden light fixture frame above the marble sink/counter top...like the one in the hall bath seen here. When that was finished, and the woodwork was polished, the walls painted, I started hanging the wall fixtures art work and decided to add part of my china cardinal collection here and there...

Before:



After:
[note - the bride and groom in the middle/bottom row of the knick knack shelf was our wedding cake topper!!! It's 47 years old, and the veil on the bride is a bit rotted, but I STILL HAVE it!!]



...the recycled frames with new ink/water-color art:




Now that this section of the 'master' area is done, I move on to the master bedroom. Only a change of color lies in store for this 'redo'. So, once I get to working on sealing nail holes from framed pictures and shelves, I will begin. New color of walls, new bedding ensemble, new lampshades, sheer curtains to match the paint color, and rearranging the art for a 'different look will be worked on, and then once this is done...the entire interior of the house has been changed in colors!!!! Until next time. I'm hoping this will take less time to complete, compared to the bathroom/s. Should be. Keeping my fingers crossed.


Out with the old colors:  Wine and Brown to the new colors:  Spanish Moss [muted green], turquoise, mossy green and burnt sienna brown.  Once I get the bedroom done, I'll share the before and after of that room.  For now, I take a few hours off....birding of course!


Double Crested Cormorant Keeping Vigil...


American White Pelicans


Eastern Phoebe on a Fence Row...Hey, you lookin' at ME?


Once I get this redecorating done, I'll get back to normal blog hopping.  For now, forgive me if I don't repay visits.

25 comments :

  1. You have been on a roll! What a transformation! I really like the color in your bathroom! Going now to see the posts I've missed.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your redecorating is looking lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Redecorating is usually more work than one had anticipated. I'm sure the end result will be worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you did an amazing job. Love the new colors. Good luck with the rest! Hope to see more images once you're done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful re-do! Love what you are doing! The cormorant and phoebe are lovely. Such nice photos as always.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's an undertaking I would NEVER be doing. Your insight for color and design is working well. GO!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I had your ambition because my house could use a fresh new look

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the Phoebe...and that is a lot of Pelicans! Good luck with all your decorating and fixing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. enjoyed this post.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lot of work! It's looks nice though and is worth it, right? I'm impressed you have your bride and groom out. Ours are packed away downstairs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have been working. I'll have to make sure my wife doesn't read this post.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Redecorating. That's hard work. Usually I am apprehensive to start any redecorating as it always turns out more than what I have bargain for But then again the after effect sure good

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yourplaceis looling good now.Love the great selcetion of birds in this post. Beautiful images

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello anni, I love the Cormorant, awesome group of Pelicans and the sweet Phoebe. Great post, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. very nice re-do! love the little fence percher and the cormorant, too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. ANNI YOU ARE A VERY TALENTED DECORATOR...lol I RECENTLY LET GO OF OUR 45 YR OLD BRIDE AND GROOM CAKE TOPPER AND MY WEDDING DRESS. I TOOK THE DRESS TO SEVERAL CONSIGNMENT SHOPS...YOU KNOW EVERYTHING FROM THE 70'S HAS RESURFACED BUT EVIDENTLY MY DRESS WAS NOT RISQUE ENOUGH. LOL
    HUGS CECILIA

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well done on keeping the bride and groom for 47 years! I love the new ink work art. What a lot of Pelicans!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gosh you've got quite the project going on there. I liked those framed prints.
    You have some wonderful shots of different birds on fences today.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Pretty phebe! Sounds like you are really working hard on your projects...I feel a little lazy reading your post! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your new colors, Anni! The bird shots are great, as always, too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just thinking about redecorating makes me tired!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the remodel of your bathroom and can't wait to see your bedroom. We've been working on decorating since we moved in, but its such a slow process lol!

    I need to get out this weekend and get some shots of the white pelicans here. I'm starting to see them pop up on FB from local photographers, and I'm itching to head out and find them for myself.

    Thank you for sharing with us at Photo Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello Annie!:) Lovely fence shots of the Phoebe and Cormorant. I think you have done a tremendous job at decorating your home. I have also kept our wedding cake figures, and because their are doves on it, keep it with my bird collection. Love your Cardinal ornaments!:)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the little Eastern Phoebe! Joe has seen one here on our property recently but I haven't spotted it yet.

    I wish I could still paint. I'm going to have to hire someone to do the painting because I just can't do it anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  25. WOW Anni what a project with beautiful results. I love that shade of green. Madi's blog office is a pale green
    she says it is very relaxing while she watches me work
    We are in the midst of having new windows install all over the house. Rainy weather caused delays...they finally started yesterday. We awoke to a rainy morning but at least it is torrential rains
    Hugs C and Madi

    ReplyDelete

.