“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | MEME links | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes

Blog Best Viewed with 1600x900 Monitor or Larger
CLICK IMAGES FOR ENLARGEMENT SLIDESHOW
MEME Links are on one page-Use TAB on the menu bar, above!





Pollywog Ponds

Everyone who follows me knows my 'infatuation' for the program seen weekly on Tuesday evening...the new season began last week, with the premiere episode entitled Whiskey Tango Foxtrot. Now if you're into chat room talk, you realize when you see LOL what it means, right? Laughing Out Loud of course. Being a sibling, wife, and mother of military personnel, the phonetic alphabet is used often around here. So, part of the learning of the alphabet [used in radio/communications for clarity] Whiskey stands for the letter "W"....Tango stands for "T"...and Foxtrot stands for "F". In other words the series premiere of NCIS was WTF [chat room talk anyone?]. rofl

We watched the premiere episode of NCIS online, and tho Bud seemed to enjoy it more than I, I was left anticipating Tony in his beard searching and finding Ziva! LOL BUT!!!---who do you think Gibbs is aiming his sniper rifle at? I'm guessing Parsons. Maybe next week, I'll find out if my hunch is good. :o)


Well, we spent the entire last two days unpacking Halloween witches, and packing away all the 'normal' trinkets and pillows, etc.... away for the upcoming season. We decorated only the dining room and living room this year. That's enough. I've purchased a total of eight [I believe, I lost count] new witches. Mostly from Tuesday Morning. And I name 'em. I make small name tags and hide them underneath their dresses/costumes. Some of  the newest group I named...see if you get the theme here: Maggee [as in Maggie], Toni [Tony], Abigail, Donni [Donald], Elle Jae [L. J. Gibbs], Zeevah [alternate spelling of Ziva which means bright/shining in Hebrew], and Leona [Leon]...the eighth one, Tovia [female version of Tobias].

Since that is out of the way, I would like to share a short walk around Pollywog Ponds with you; the trees, the ponds, the river, the fisherman, the wildlife, the deep blue sky and the diamond topped lake in the warm Autumn sunshine....


Green Heron - in BOTH pictures!


One of the ponds sparkling...and a tree top laden with yellow berries


One of the ponds...and the backside; the Nueces River with a fisherman/boat


Dragonfly and two American Coots on the pond [enlarge this image and you can spot THREE more dragonflies]


Tri colored Heron preening on the bank...and a distant hawk above the treetops!




57 comments :

  1. i am having a laugh fit at your pics??! what, you may say??! - i couldn't figure out the lady in all the photos. like was it something on my screen. like a smudge or what? how did you do that water mark? that's super awesome. i love it. very creative. ( :

    i see your Halloween quilt - i love it ... great color picks. you are so talented.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beth? You crack me up!! Some type of apparition today for you maybe? Thanks, glad you liked the quilt and got a good laugh!!

      Delete
  2. Incredibly beautiful picture series shows you Anni. Always exciting to see nature photos from elsewhere. Thanks for the comment on my blog. Wish you a good week-end :) Hanne Bente

    ReplyDelete
  3. wunderschön.. besonders die Libelle gefällt mir
    LG vom katerchen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...I'm pleased to know you enjoyed this post!!

      Delete
  4. Your dragonfly shot is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A terrific series of shots Anni. The herons are great, and that dragonfly is is a fab macro!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful collection of wildlife photography ~ great for CC ~ Happy Weekend to you ~ carol ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you had a great weekend yourself, Carol!!!

      Delete
  7. Pretty pond shots and an awesome dragonfly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ....thanks!! Love your goldfinch image this weekend too Pat!

      Delete
  8. Beautiful photos! I love the dragonfly. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. would still love to see a tricolor some day. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps you can pay a visit to coastal texas someday?!!!

      Delete
  10. Hello Anni...

    these are so nice photos....very well photographed :)

    Have a nice weekend...Enjoy :)

    Greetings from Germany

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thanks Timur....my Google Translator isn't working this morning so I'll try and visit you another time!!

      Delete
  11. I just hear a new song by Michael Weatherly, but I can't find the link for it. He's very good!
    I love your pond pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew he played the piano....is this new one instrumental?

      Delete
  12. Oh I'm an NCSI junkie too. I will really miss Ziva...but maybe they are leaving the door open for a return. When Ziva replaced Sasha Alexander, I was skeptical but oh was Ziva perfect for the part. Will they have any luck finding another female for the part? I don't know...but we'll see

    Hugs c

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure I'll miss Ziva afterall. I thought I would, but after seeing her and her loathing revenge over the last year, I got tired of the story line.

      Delete
  13. Such great pictures, sparkling water and dragonflies galore! I did enlarge and find those three more dragonflies. I'm so behind I didn't realize NCIS has started up again. I'll watch it On Demand and then I'll know what you're talking about. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...once you watch it....tell us what you thought of the premier episode?!!

      Delete
  14. Dang! That dragonfly picture is awesome! The preening heron hiding its head is VERY different and I love it! Now I'm going to try to catch a dragonfly..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ....thanks!!! Glad to know you enjoyed the post.

      Delete
  15. The water really does sparkle in that one shot, and I love the dragonfly shot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ....thanks Ginny. You're always so very positive!!

      Delete
  16. Your Pollywog Ponds is a lovely place!
    That photo with the glistening water is magical.
    I must remember Whiskey, Tango, Foxtrot!!!

    Read Beth's comment - she's a hoot! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beth was hilarious!!! Glad you enjoyed the walk around the ponds Carletta.

      Delete
  17. Love the Green Heron and the Tr-colored heron. Both are awesome birds. I like the name of that pond! Very cute! Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...it's a great place, but very unkempt all too often.

      Delete
  18. Okay I am late but I haven't watched NCIS and I don't have my Halloween up either! Love your photos. sandie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When it comes to Halloween....I tend to rush things. LOL

      Delete
  19. I like how you named your witches. I need to start getting out some of my fall and halloween decorations. I've made new stuff but haven't pulled any of the old stuff out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ....I'm weird that way?!!! :o)

      Delete
  20. Heather will be unpacking the Autumn stuff any day. Fall is my favorite season of the year. Warm days, cool nights and very few storms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ....I agree, it's a great time of year!!

      Delete
  21. I just love your posts, Anni....
    that Halloween quilt is to die for.
    and the WTF had me rolling on the floor.....:)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I had to point out the WTF reference to my wife when we watched the show. It made me laugh. At the beginning Gibbs is aiming at Frenell (sic). Not sure about this Parsons dude. I am pretty sad Ziva is leaving...thought her dynamic with Tony was worth the show. Pictures look great as always Anni!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thanks Chuck!! It's nice to know someone else saw that and realized its meaning!! ;o)

      Delete
  23. My deceased husband was in radio/ telecommunications in Japan in the 50's so I'm familiar with tango, foxtrot and such but not familiar with the show you mentioned. I think I owe you an apology. Sometime I write a comment off the top of my head without thinking how it will sound to someone else. Hope your health issues are better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no worries Paula....we all have 'our days'.

      Delete
  24. Happy Blue Monday! Love those skies!

    ReplyDelete
  25. You have a very rich and beautiful pond there to treasure! Love your photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...glad you enjoyed the post!!

      Delete
  26. What great captures! I loved the walk around the ponds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad to know you enjoyed the quiet walk around the ponds today!

      Delete
  27. Amazing details on the dragonfly's wings. Fascinating. Beautiful glimpses of water worlds.

    ReplyDelete
  28. The most recent NCIS episode I watched was the one of Ducky having a heart attack. We're one season behind the US. I hope Ducky doesn't die! He's one of my fave characters In the series.

    Love your pond captures, Anni! BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I can never get dragonflies to stay still long enough to "shoot" them!

    Thank you for your contribution to Macro Monday 2!

    Macro Blossoms


    ReplyDelete

.