- In the news online, for the most watched show of the past 10 years....it is confirmed that NCIS character, Ziva David, is leaving and won't be playing her role in season 11! I'm saddened by this bit of news. She was a great asset to the program. She and Special Agent Anthony DiNozzo had such a great personal attachment of each other, with a hint of a secret infatuation/love, that teased us throughout several programs. Now I wonder, "How are they gonna write her out to give us all a bit of closure?" I must say, so many of the eight years she's been Ziva [Cote Pablo], some of my favorite episode lines of hers....a few come to mind: "Does Ziva have a weapon?" And Gibbs replies: "No, she is the weapon." Or, when Tony and the crew are on the [ghost] ship, the Chimera, there is supposedly an airborne virus that could kill them [NCIS team] before morning. And Tony was positive he was going to die from the plague. He had a severe itching on his hand, and a melanoma-like spot. Ziva insisted it was a freckle. The line in that program I liked is when Tony was ordered to take a diseased dead rat found on the ship, to the Medical Examiner, Dr. Mallard. And as the team was walking through the ship's passageway, Tony, reluctant to do as ordered, Ziva turned around and told Tony, "You can show Ducky your freckle." Ducky is the familiar nickname for Dr. Mallard. Oh so many many times Cote's character gave a sparkle to the episodes...the last one I will always remember is when her father, the director of the Mossad, was gunned down at NCIS's director's home during an evening of dinner....her anguish of finding her slain father! Oh my aching heart. And the TV awards, the Emmys, didn't even recognize her wonderful portrayal of such a devastating time in Ziva's life and how well she played the part of a distraught daughter!! She will be terribly missed. Read more...
photo of Ziva courtesy of news article, no infringement intended
- Atlantic's Tropical Storm, Chantal was at one time this week a possible threat to the Floridian Coast and up along the Carolinas. Late Wednesday it 'petered' out as the wave dissipated. Now, as I type, there is another brewing on the eastern side of Cuba, in the Caribbean.
- Y'all know I'm a part of the 'woodstock' generation [for you youngsters out in blogland, that's the late 60s!] ---when pot was becoming popular, flower children, free love, funky clothes, round sunglasses...and more. Remember the popularity of incense burners? I think it was more to hide the odors of some illegal odors...lol. Anyway, of course I never touched 'pot'...honest...and I never inhaled it either [snort] ---but I still liked the concept of the incense burners. And the wonderful array of the scents. While Bud was looking at new lamps, I was back to back with him, checking out the incense and whiffing away to my heart's content. I found a wonderful fragrance...woodland...and I had to buy me a new burner so I could have the scent throughout the house.
The burners have come a long way in the last 50 years. I was overwhelmed at the choices. What better way to have the smoke filtering through if not with a 'fire breathing dragon', protecting his newly acquired castle?
- Isn't this a pretty sky?
I love mornings when the sun peeks over the horizon and the pressure areas above make the sky painted with pinks, mauve, lavenders, and all so quiet, soft, and like cotton candy!! When I stop to take the time, the kid in me comes out full force as I love to just watch them rolling ever so gently against the indigo blue and see if I can find forms...I've seen Pooh Bear, gnomes, witches, birds, and more.
- Just mentioning looking up into the sky, while I was out edging the backyard lawn and Bud was around the corner of the house, mowing, I looked up because out of the corner of my eye, I noticed a bird. Of course, I was intruding into their territory of the feeder and it flew up onto the power line....and as I watched the dove, it slowly, tho quite clumsily, made its way farther down the line...it reminded me of a tightrope walker over the Grand Canyon!! He faltered a bit, but remained upright!
- I made a cake this week! Not too often does a cake get made around here. Not even for birthdays. But while shopping for some groceries one day, in the middle of the aisle, the store had a display of new 'flavors' of cake mix and the identical flavored frostings. Summertime flavors. Orange Citrus [cake mixes AND frosting]...Pink Lemonade...and Key Lime. Of course, liking lime most during the summer, I had to pick a package of cake mix and frosting to try it. I always make a lighter cake when the box instructions call for whole eggs I only use the egg white. This mix has pudding in the mix, so it would be quite a 'heavy' dessert after a large meal. The egg white only makes it light, fluffy, and doesn't do away with the taste. Delicious. Just a hint of lime in the cake after it was baked in the oven, and the sweet/tart lime flavor of the icing was quite pleasant. Altho, Bud,......he has been eating most of it!! He is more a cake eater than I am by far!!
cake mix photo courtesy of Google Search - no infringement intended
...connecting to Friday Fragments & Skywatch Friday
[links to each on sidebar]