my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out
Black and White Background courtesy of free backgrounds




No!!! She's Leaving? No...can't be!!

  1. In the news online, for the most watched show of the past 10 years....it is confirmed that NCIS character, Ziva David, is leaving and won't be playing her role in season 11! I'm saddened by this bit of news. She was a great asset to the program. She and Special Agent Anthony DiNozzo had such a great personal attachment of each other, with a hint of a secret infatuation/love, that teased us throughout several programs. Now I wonder, "How are they gonna write her out to give us all a bit of closure?" I must say, so many of the eight years she's been Ziva [Cote Pablo], some of my favorite episode lines of hers....a few come to mind: "Does Ziva have a weapon?" And Gibbs replies: "No, she is the weapon." Or, when Tony and the crew are on the [ghost] ship, the Chimera, there is supposedly an airborne virus that could kill them [NCIS team] before morning. And Tony was positive he was going to die from the plague. He had a severe itching on his hand, and a melanoma-like spot. Ziva insisted it was a freckle. The line in that program I liked is when Tony was ordered to take a diseased dead rat found on the ship, to the Medical Examiner, Dr. Mallard. And as the team was walking through the ship's passageway, Tony, reluctant to do as ordered, Ziva turned around and told Tony, "You can show Ducky your freckle." Ducky is the familiar nickname for Dr. Mallard. Oh so many many times Cote's character gave a sparkle to the episodes...the last one I will always remember is when her father, the director of the Mossad, was gunned down at NCIS's director's home during an evening of dinner....her anguish of finding her slain father! Oh my aching heart. And the TV awards, the Emmys, didn't even recognize her wonderful portrayal of such a devastating time in Ziva's life and how well she played the part of a distraught daughter!!  She will be terribly missed. Read more...
    photo of Ziva courtesy of news article, no infringement intended
  2. Atlantic's Tropical Storm, Chantal was at one time this week a possible threat to the Floridian Coast and up along the Carolinas. Late Wednesday it 'petered' out as the wave dissipated. Now, as I type, there is another brewing on the eastern side of Cuba, in the Caribbean.
  3. Y'all know I'm a part of the 'woodstock' generation [for you youngsters out in blogland, that's the late 60s!] ---when pot was becoming popular, flower children, free love, funky clothes, round sunglasses...and more. Remember the popularity of incense burners? I think it was more to hide the odors of some illegal odors...lol. Anyway, of course I never touched 'pot'...honest...and I never inhaled it either [snort] ---but I still liked the concept of the incense burners. And the wonderful array of the scents. While Bud was looking at new lamps, I was back to back with him, checking out the incense and whiffing away to my heart's content. I found a wonderful fragrance...woodland...and I had to buy me a new burner so I could have the scent throughout the house.
    The burners have come a long way in the last 50 years. I was overwhelmed at the choices. What better way to have the smoke filtering through if not with a 'fire breathing dragon', protecting his newly acquired castle?
  4. Isn't this a pretty sky?



    I love mornings when the sun peeks over the horizon and the pressure areas above make the sky painted with pinks, mauve, lavenders, and all so quiet, soft, and like cotton candy!! When I stop to take the time, the kid in me comes out full force as I love to just watch them rolling ever so gently against the indigo blue and see if I can find forms...I've seen Pooh Bear, gnomes, witches, birds, and more.
  5. Just mentioning looking up into the sky, while I was out edging the backyard lawn and Bud was around the corner of the house, mowing, I looked up because out of the corner of my eye, I noticed a bird. Of course, I was intruding into their territory of the feeder and it flew up onto the power line....and as I watched the dove, it slowly, tho quite clumsily, made its way farther down the line...it reminded me of a tightrope walker over the Grand Canyon!! He faltered a bit, but remained upright!
  6. I made a cake this week! Not too often does a cake get made around here. Not even for birthdays. But while shopping for some groceries one day, in the middle of the aisle, the store had a display of new 'flavors' of cake mix and the identical flavored frostings. Summertime flavors. Orange Citrus [cake mixes AND frosting]...Pink Lemonade...and Key Lime. Of course, liking lime most during the summer, I had to pick a package of cake mix and frosting to try it. I always make a lighter cake when the box instructions call for whole eggs I only use the egg white. This mix has pudding in the mix, so it would be quite a 'heavy' dessert after a large meal. The egg white only makes it light, fluffy, and doesn't do away with the taste. Delicious. Just a hint of lime in the cake after it was baked in the oven, and the sweet/tart lime flavor of the icing was quite pleasant. Altho, Bud,......he has been eating most of it!! He is more a cake eater than I am by far!!
    cake mix photo courtesy of Google Search - no infringement intended

...connecting to Friday Fragments & Skywatch Friday
[links to each on sidebar]

75 comments :

  1. Beautiful deep pinks and purples in your sky shot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ....I liked it, glad you did too Karen.

      Delete
  2. No ZIVA???? I had not heard! This is our FAVORITE program and Louis Dean will be so sad she is leaving. WHY?? I wonder WHY!!

    Your cake sounds perfect for a summer dessert. Yesterday I took a pineapple cake mix and a can of sliced pineapple over to Amber's to make. I mentioned I would be baking a cake and Lisa, Amber's friend and house guest, asked me what kind. When I told her she started laughing! In the fridge was a pineapple upside down cake she had made the night before using the exact same brands I had in my bag!! (We ate HERS for dessert. My box and can are back in my pantry!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mmmmmmm...mmmmm...MMMM!! Now that cake I'll eat. At least the pineapple, the pecans and the syrupy topping. Yum.

      Delete
  3. I have never watched that show and have been wishing I would have, right from the start. Most of my friends do. Wow, that incense burner is amazing!!! How big is it, from the pictures it looks huge! I would like to have one even without the incense, just for decoration! Now I'll have to try the lime cake, maybe cupcakes, it would be so good! Can I really just use the white? Even if it is two eggs? What a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes...you can always take the yolk out of an egg when it comes to making cakes...

      Delete
  4. Love your posts Anni and I am also upset at Zeva leaving NCIS. I have been invested in that show for many years and I can't imagine it without her now. I also used to love her malaprops. I remember incense burners in my younger days. My mother used them to make our house smell nice, before the fragrance sprays or potpourris were available. That's a very cool incense burner. I'll have to pick up that lime cake for Gregg. It is his favorite flavor but we have never tried this cake. Enjoy the rest of your week Anni :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm like Gregg, I like LIME!!

      Delete
  5. No, no....haven't quit commenting or reading blogs....well, I had two days there that I was in space....kinda' zoned out completely....and didn't do anything....except go to work and zoned out there. We had a whopper of a week last week having our last child move out and then a wedding with our middle child. I read your blog last night. Sometimes, I find myself speechless...and sometimes, I just don't know anything interesting to say to comment and rather than be a bumbling fool, I just exit quietly. Hate to have my true colors show. :) You know I love reading your blog, and I wouldn't miss it for the world!

    That is a very pretty incense burner....very clever....and the way you described your sky is as pretty as the picture itself. In this case a few words were worth a thousand pictures!

    I hardly watch tv. My kids got me watching old reruns of The Office...and I die laughing at it....now that I have become used to the characters....they are offensive at first. You have to develop a taste for them. :)

    My hubby is also the big cake eater in our house. You couldn't tell it by our sizes. I weigh as much as he does. But he has to have cake or pie or cookies EVERY night before bedtime with a glass of milk. As a matter of fact, I have a chocolate cake (from scratch) in the oven as I type. I smells so good.

    Thanks for all your kind, witty, and intelligent comments on my blog....you are the kind of person I keep coming to Blogland for....and one of the ones I talk about at work to my co-workers! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never watched the Office, but I've heard good things about it. And as you, I'm just as large as Bud...no fair!!

      Delete
  6. I see you are friends with some of my blogger friends, too, so I thought I'd drop by for a visit. Love your blog, so couldn't help but sign up to follow!

    I see you are a bird lover, too. Great shot of the Mourning Dove and the sky photo is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheryl...I'm pleased as punch to have you pay me a visit and hope to see you often. Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment.

      Delete
  7. Annie - I, too, "came of age" in the 60's - what seemed so risqué then is totally legal now! That's a nice wake-up call morning photo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, times, they area changin'!!!

      Delete
  8. I love your pretty photo of the sky!Great shot!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We were sad to hear of the loss of Ziva too. :(
    I love the incense burner!
    The sky shot is gorgeous and the cake sounds good. What unusual flavors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandie [below] mentions that they also have cookie mixes?!!! I'm gonna try them soon. I'd much prefer a cookie to a piece of cake. :o)

      Delete
  10. Nice serie of photos!
    The sky photos are great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...glad you enjoyed my sky images Hans

      Delete
  11. Awesome, colorful, dramatic skies, Ann, and a terrific sky shot for the day!! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thanks Sylvia, hope your upcoming weekend is a good one for you too.

      Delete
  12. Those are truly gorgeous pics! The little Wallenda dove is cute. I, too, like incense and your fire breathing dragon is the perfect way to showcase it.

    I'm going to try your lighter cake tip- sounds just right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wallenda...I hadn't heard this in ages!! Oh yes, I most always take out the yolk. It doesn't do away with the flavors and adds the 'glue' needed when baking the batter, yet much less cholesterol.

      Delete
  13. OH YES WE READ THAT NEWS TOO. ZIVA WILL BE TRULY MISSED...THEY ALL HAVE SUCH A DYNAMIC CHEMISTRY.
    HUGS MADI AND MOM
    GMA IS DOING OK..SHE HAS A NEW NORMAL THAT CHANGES FROM DAY TO DAY BUT ONE THING FOR SURE BEING IN THE ASSISTED LIVING WITH A ROUTINE AND ACTIVITIES WAS A WISE MOVE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That news about your mom makes me very happy!!! Wise move indeed.

      Delete
  14. Those are stunning colors in your sky shot!

    I'm shocked to read here that Ziva will be living NCIS. That's one of my husband's and my favorite actors in one of our favorite shows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thanks Pat. I loved your seascape images too!

      Delete
  15. That is such an intriguing sky capture. The delineation between the clear blue sky and the dramatic mauve clouds is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...I'm glad you enjoyed the view today Tara

      Delete
  16. I liked her on NCIS.
    They also have pink lemonade cookies now that are delish.
    YOU ARE WONDERFUL AND THANKS FOR HELPING MARY!
    Love, sandie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Sandie....they have a cookie mix? I'd much prefer cookies than cake!! I'm gonna look for it next time I'm at the grocer.

      And you and Mary are welcome!! No big deal...I was just glad I could help out.

      Delete
  17. The colorful sky shot is very beautiful. I also love seeing the bird on the wire.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bird on a wire...isn't there a movie with that title? Now I gotta go out on google. LOL

      Delete
  18. I'm such a fan of NCIS and so distraught to know Ziva is going :( My hubby will be sad as well. She's fearless and pretty.
    I love your burner by the way, it rocks :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great sky. Love lime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too Jim....love me some lime. Lime anything.

      Delete
  20. I am bummed about Ziva, too. I hope they give some enough closure to feel okay about her being gone. Who will take her place? Is the show almost finished now? And I love key lime also, although I don't think I've had anything with that flavor for years now. You made me hungry! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmmmm, key lime pie. Now you made ME hungry. I'd much prefer pie to cake any ol' time.

      Delete
  21. I did not know and cannot believe Ziva is leaving the show. There is so much more for her to do and the chemistry between her and Tony is partly a reason to watch. I didn't like it when Kate was written out and this will be worse. What's the deal with all the women leaving (Kate, Jenny, Ziva)???

    Ah yes...the Woodstock generation...so many memories (in spite of indulgences that were said to kill them :)) I was always a fan of incense and usually had the old stand-by (strawberry) burning most of the time. I like the burner you bought!

    Not a big fan of Key Lime stuff but I have to say I some key lime pie in Honduras and it was fantastic! So there ya go.

    Take care, Anni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For me, anything lime has got to be good. I'd prefer lime over lemon.

      Delete
  22. ummm, I am going to be looking for that cake...
    I do like cake but I am a PIE person...never met a pie I didn't love. :).....especially LOVE Key Lime Pie.....and keep one in my freezer most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would much prefer fruit pies too. Cake is blah blah comparing it to a pie. LOL

      Delete
  23. will miss ziva, love that show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just love coming to your space and reading your weekly summaries. I saw that cake mix at our market as well and thought they sounded good and lime would also be my choice, ahh, but I did not make the purchase...now maybe I will. I hope that you enjoy the weekend and take good care~

      Delete
    2. Denise...Just hope they replace her with someone as dynamic as Ziva was instead of some dofous like Kate. LOL

      Mary...You should try it for sure. Enjoy your weekend too!!

      Delete
    3. Ps...of the three flavor choices, Lime just shouted out summery to me.

      Delete
  24. NOOOOOOO! NCIS wouldn't be the same without Ziva!

    That sky capture is awesome, Anni!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I wonder what keylime out of a box tastes like. It seems wrong buy you never know. I will have to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Good Morning, I was sad to read that Ziva was leaving NCIS also.. They make such a great team --and there's just so much chemistry...

    It's supposed to be a wicked season for hurricanes this year.. Hope the US coast is spared..

    Pretty sky photo --and I love your bird photo. PERFECT shot!!!

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes...let's hope not in regards to a 'wicked' hurricane season.

      Delete
  27. Oh! Ziva not anymore in NCIS? Awww!! BTW, sky is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...glad to read you liked my sky photo Kusum

      Delete
  28. Key lime pie used to be one of my favorites...back when I was still allowing sugar into my life. Oh, it was so good! We're still supposed to get some wind and rain for the remnants of Chantal. I'll take that over a full fledged hurricane ANY DAY! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, yes yes....I'd take a 'tropical storm remnant' anytime too.

      Delete
  29. Your pictures are so pretty! Love the bird on a wire! I only watched a few episodes of NCIS, but I do like her character.

    I have a friend who made the orange cake.....I didn't hear how it tasted, but they sure look tempting. Unfortunately, I am the one who would eat the whole thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nancy...
      and I read another comment, they have cookies in these flavors, you can have the cakes, I'll take the cookies. How's that?

      Delete
  30. Hi, these are really nice photos !!

    Greetings

    ReplyDelete
  31. I am sorry to hear that Ziva is leaving the series. We love her caracter and I wonder who will fill the gap in the future. We both love the series and watch them every week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think a lot of us fans are in total shock! Just hope they replace her with someone with a lot of pizzazz.

      Delete
  32. What? Wait -- last spring they said that ALL actors had signed on for another two years of NCIS. It just won't be the same without Ziva. Love your sunrise photo, and the key lime cake sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ziva and Gibbs --their contracts expired later. Those that had a different contract DID sign up for the 11th season.

      Delete
  33. No Ziva??!!?? Say it isn't so!!

    That cake sounds so delicious!!! I've added it to my grocery list.

    That sky is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...oh I hope you'll like the cake!!

      Delete
  34. My husband is a big NCIS fan and I'm sure he'll be sad to hear about Ziva.
    That cake sounds pretty good but I'm afraid I would eat the whole thing myself

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See? I'm doing good to eat just one or at the most, two pieces. The rest is for Bud. Now cookies on the other hand..........

      Delete
  35. I just love your writing. The incense burner is way cool. And the next time I make a cake, I'm going to try using just egg whites. Great frags!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...egg whites only is probably a lot more healthy.

      Delete
  36. Definitely. It is a very pretty sky!

    ReplyDelete
  37. I like looking at the pretty sky too--especially in the early morning but really anytime of day. When I did some painting, the sky was always my favorite thing to paint and since, I notice the colors more than I did before I painted. I haven't made a cake yet!

    ReplyDelete
  38. I kind of love the cake mixes that have pudding in them.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Anni, is that for real??? Is Ziva getting the chop?? She is one of my favourite characters. I do hope they don't kill her off and she could return some other time.

    ReplyDelete

.