my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out


Slowly I turn...step by step...inch by inch...

This week is coming to a close, and not much, at least it seems, got done around here. Oh yes, we did a lot of yard work, and our muscles came out of hiding for the season...there isn't an inch of body parts that don't ache. LOL Just about all we accomplished was getting some plants transplanted that outgrew the patio pots. They're now out in the flower beds. The raised flower bed [partially] is thinned out and lookin' good!! I sit and marvel at the cleaned out area...it's hard to believe that so much overgrowth takes place in such a short period of time. There was a set back for a bit; the main reason we stopped working in the back yard. You see our neighbors had a huge leak in their soaker hose that they have going around their home's foundation. And the water ran for days----------making a virtual swamp in one section of OUR property. There was no way we could get out there in that area and work without sinking in the mud. But, that's okay. There is always a silver lining if you choose to look for it. That instance gave us a reprieve from over working our already aching muscles. Monday night, the night of the full moon, we did drive out to the beach, but couldn't get any full moon photos taken 'cause there was a cloud bank on the horizon and kept the moon from coming into view as it raised at the earth's rim. Maybe next month. I do want to get photos of the moon just as it makes its appearance...against the sea. I'll keep trying. The next couple of days will continue to be a 'busy time'. So much got neglected while outdoors. Laundry, shopping for groceries. And this weekend I have a lot on the list to do. There are a couple of things I need to shop for...a gift for my sister and our annual Sister's Day coming up in March...a birthday gift for my youngest grandson [which I have a bit of news about him that I will share soon...it's good, exciting, fun news!], getting out some St. Patrick's Day decorations for the house, and before that I need to dust! Again. Okay, 'nough gabbing and slathering words all over and not saying all that much. These photos I share today are from weeks past. I stood in one of the gazebos on the bay and watched an egret that was just inches away from me as he/she meandered through the grasses nearly at my feet, looking for insects. And, I'm experimenting with PSP Pro the other night when I couldn't fall asleep....making a new photo frame for my bird photo blog. So, I'm sharing a 'sneak preview' of the new frames [for horizontal and another for vertical]. I share a few images of the Common Egret at Oso Bay in Corpus Christi with you----



...oh oh, it spotted me!!! Humanoid alert!! "I need to get out of here!...Flight Tower...clear for take-off"!!!

58 comments :

  1. Such a snowy white bird! Lovely shots, Anni. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those birds are simply beautiful. Your pictures really highlight their pristine whiteness.

    Glad you got your yard work going- we are wayyyyyy behind on ours and probably won't get much done for a couple of weeks still.

    I do hope next month is not so cloudy, because those are going to be some spectacular shots of the moon against the water~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...well, preferably I'd much rather do the chicken dance. ;o)

      Delete
  3. I did yard work on Tuesday, pulling out some Mexican heather that was starting to take over, and my muscles are still sore! So I'd say that mini flood was a blessing for you. Looks like you had fun playing with PS! Enjoy the weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...it's a pain tho, 'cause now we have to delay our other part of the yard for it to dry up. Screws with my mojo. rofl

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful bird! You got some great pictures.
    Good for you on getting that yard work done - I'm ready to think about that kind of thing instead of shoveling snow. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...I'll take sore muscles on top of snow any time. LOL

      Delete
  5. Lovely bird and sounds like you accomplished a LOT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...would've been more if the flooding hadn't occurred. Oh well.

      Delete
  6. beautiful photos... I am so eager to get out doors and do yard work.. Not looking forward to the achin muscles though... but know they will be there too. blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...it's a good feeling knowing that work was done and the payment was soreness. LOL

      Delete
  7. I love your pictures!
    Pace yourself. You accomplished more than you realize!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thanks Linda. Hope your quads are doing well!!

      Delete
  8. Hi Annie and Happy March...it came in like a lion up here...but hopefully Spring isn't as far as way as it was.
    Any time you share your pictures with us is a good news day.
    Hugs madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy March to you both M&M!!!

      Delete
  9. We need to do some serious work out in our yard, too - I bet our muscles will come out of hiding when we do that! :)

    LOVE the pictures of the Egret! GORGEOUS!! :)

    Granny Princess Nagger, 5-dollar Pancakes and Apple Pie Apples – it’s a Friday Fragment Free For All of Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can only imagine how achy I would be if I were to go clean up my yard. It was sort of neglected last year so the weeds have overtaken everything.
    Like all pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. at least the weeds thrive, right?

      Delete
  11. Sounds like a lot got done to me.......by time sore muscles are involved, work came first. :)

    Beautiful photos of a gorgeous bird!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well I hope you're feeling better!!

      Delete
  12. Love the Common Egret images.

    And, I know what you mean about getting muscles back to work after a rest! Whenever we get home from being at sea I find muscles that I lost while we were out there floating around. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, each year we vow to not overdo the first few days of yard spring cleaning, but we do and we pay dearly for it for a few days.

      Delete
  13. Beautiful egret shots!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great post! Lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh these are fabulous captures Anni!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...glad you enjoyed them Karen.

      Delete
  16. Great series!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm still chuckling about the egret dialogue! Such a fun complement to the beautiful photos! And so enjoy your chatty stories of the week that was! Always a great read! Hope your muscles have limbered up a little by now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, it's getting limbered up that takes time. Glad you enjoyed this post Gemma.

      Delete
  18. Hubby, having grown up in south FL doesn't even notice the egrets - - - so many there they are almost like pests - - - but I still find them incredibly beautiful and graceful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...oh there are hundreds if not thousands here too, but I never tire of them and their beauty.

      Delete
  19. Beautiful Egret shots, Anni! Love the frames, well done! Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, we had a blue heron in the lake near us when we lived in MD. Watching him take off was fascinating. His wings would graze the lake as he took flight. So graceful!! Very funny commentary with this guy ;-)

    I bet you are aching!! It's probably a really good thing to take a break. I bet the swamp was not fun though. Yuck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...not too achy any more...took a day off. LOL Herons are a favorite of mine.

      Delete
  21. Replies
    1. ...thanks, you always give such wonderful complimentary comments.

      Delete
  22. Second from the top horizontal and second from the bottom vertical are my favorites. Great shots of a beautiful bird!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...glad you liked 'em Chuck.

      Delete
  23. I love the Egrets! My parents have a nest in their yard in Florida. One of my favorite things to do is to watch them grab fish from the lake and take it back to their nest.
    I need to do some spring cleaning the dust is overwhelming.. lol..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never seen that before...that would be awesome.

      Delete
  24. so ein schöner Vogel und so scheu.
    wunderschöne Bilder Anni DANKE

    LG vom katerchen
    katerchen.designblog.de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thanks. I liked your kitty shares for critters!!

      Delete
  25. Lovely captures of the Egret!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Awesome captures Anni.

    Pets & Critters Nook
    Catching up with Camera Critters.

    ReplyDelete

.