my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out
Black and White Background courtesy of free backgrounds




well, the ship set sail...on a three hour tour ...a three hour tour--


It's Thursday, it's time for a little TRASH TALK. You know how I love to read articles found on Yahoo's website. I must confess once again, I mainly just read the first few lines of the article and then get impatient to see what others hafta say about the particular story. Most times, the comments are the best part of the whole section!!! There is a pending investigation of the pilot and the crew, the cause and weighing in all the factors of the accident. So, this story goes:





SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — Coast Guard investigators on Tuesday plan to interview the pilot of an empty tanker that struck a tower in the middle of the San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge while navigating beneath the hulking span. Read More...




Now for the comments---

Ooferdog posted: Probably texting!

LArry posted: Just a little fender bender

Austin P posted: Who was piloting the tanker? Gilligan and the Skipper?

FrankBD posted: "I left my chart in San Francisco..."

sam i am posted: [the article reads:] 'The tower of the bridge appeared fine from a distance added California Department of Transportation spokesman Bart Ney'. Now who could argue with that logic. It looked fine to me from Lake Tahoe.

CT posted: they should have put up a "do not hit bridge with your boat" sign.

Doug posted: The ship had a Toyota accelerator and couldn't stop.

Otto Pilot posted: I blame Cap'n Crunch.

shakinmyhead posted: They need to ban bridges!

...and the last one today:

Jack Singularity posted: "Whoa! When did they put that there?"


[bay bridge tower image courtesy of Google Image Search]
copyright infringement not intended.

19 comments :

  1. If it was an empty tanker, then the pilot wasn't in it! Must have been a ghost pilot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no...that means, by empty tanker, no fuel, oil...in the hull. LOL But, I like the idea of 'ghost pilot'...that's make a good hour long horror program.

      Delete
  2. I agree - the comments are the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh ya...I read them most often just to skim down to the comments.

      Delete
  3. I have wondered just what the heck happened in that accident myself. Funny comments! It looked just fine to me, too, from Washington state. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too....and from what I gather, it's not just a once in a blue moon occurrence...it happens quite often. Hmmm.

      Delete
  4. That is totally too funny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. live, love and laugh...that's my motto for Thursday...life's mishaps [sometimes], loving the moment, and laughing at people's mistakes...MINE included.

      Delete
  5. You're always keeping us laughing even in the midst of this winter storm I'm having here in Alabama....sleeting early in the morning until a fine layer of ice covered my porch, now it is snowing heavily. The roads still appear to be clear.....praying for all those who need to get home, especially Honey Bear.
    ....and to think that last Thursday it was 70 degrees....
    Blessings,
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ya, well, it's nearing 70 today.

      Delete
  6. Those are fantastic! I'm still laughing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol That was hilarious! Thanks so much for posting that and the comments...aren't people clever? I would never had thought of any of those...so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great answers, Anni... What was your answer.... My fav (although they all were good) was "I Left My Chart in San Francisco".... ha ha

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, I never respond to these....just read the comments. That's usually what I'm there for in the first place.

      Delete
  9. Those comments are great. How do people come up with that stuff. I'm never quick enough to think of witty comments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!! Same here....I'm always saying to myself after reading these hilarious posts/comments, "Why didn't I think of that?"

      Delete

.