my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes


NEWS FLASH:
I NOW HAVE A BOOK PUBLISHED


Titled Wings Over My Texas
Description excerpt: A non-scientific photographic study of over 200 birds, common, rare, and vagrant birds, along the Coastal Bend of South Texas. Areas include Corpus Christi, Port A...
check out the book details on this linked site!!



Who Will Rescue Me?

NOTE:  I've been having a bit of a nasty time on the computer for the last couple of days....I can boot up, but then just minutes at a time, and then it crashes, reboot and it runs really slow.  I'm upgrading everything as I type this, and doing a thorough virus/malware/spyware scan, hoping to find the problem[s].  So, if I can't visit your blog you'll know why...

I thought of this song right away, in fact by the time I got home, I was humming it....From the movie: The Rescuers. Altho the song is mostly instrumental, near the end of it there ARE lyrics. This past week, when I was leaving the drug store, at the exit I nearly stepped on an injured, small bird!! [perhaps a Tennessee Warbler?] I didn't want ANYONE to step on it and kill it unintentionally, and I didn't want to just remove it from the doorway and place it on the grassy area near the parking lot 'cause there is a four lane street just inches away. I was afraid it may hop into the street and cars would...well, you know. So I picked it up and drove home with it in my hand. One of its legs was contorted at the time. It obviously flew into the glass doors of the store, and was in shock. Once home I placed it in a small container and let it rest and 'come to'. Checking on it periodically, its eyes would open and watch me watching it. Eventually the one leg that seemed out of kilter, straightened up, and soon it was hopping around some. The wings weren't damaged, the tail feathers were somewhat messed up...but with the newfound activity I witnessed after a couple of hours, I took the box containing the bird, and let it loose in the shaded area of our flower garden. In no time, it hopped away and then eventually flew up into a bush, clung to a branch for a few minutes and flew off. I hope, it was a happy ending!!

"Who Will Rescue Me?"

From the site LyricsTime, I found this:

Who will rescue me?
Who will rescue me?
Who will rescue me?

I'm lost at sea without a friend
This journey, will it ever end?

Who will rescue me?
Rescue me
Rescue me









CONNECTING TO:





_ _ _



THURSDAY TRASH TALK


I haven't done one of these in weeks!!! After I read this little pig [went to market?] story, I couldn't resist 'cause the comments once again are the best part. But first a bit of the news story to get y'all up to date...

Is it pork-ageddon? Britain's National Pig Association has sounded the alarm that the world should brace for an "unavoidable" bacon and pork shortage next year. The cause of the trouble is high pig-feed costs caused by what it describes in a press release as "the global failure of maize and soya harvests." The organization notes that new data shows that pig herds are declining at a significant rate, not just in Britain, but around the world. The way out of this coming catastrophe is to subsidize pig farmers to stem the loss of their herds, says the industry group. The organization has also launched a "Save Our Bacon" campaign, which encourages consumers to buy British pork products. It's not just Europe that will be seeing shortages: The U.S. will also face a bacon shortage. The Guardian reports that the cost of bacon has doubled since 2006, and record droughts are to blame. Consumption of bacon is falling as prices have been rising.


And now...the comments from other readers:


gizmokc posted: They can have my bacon when they pry it from my cold, dead, greasy hand!

GW posted: I already switched over to Beggin' Strips.

Johnny posted:  In 2003, Bob Hope died. In 2003, Johnny cash died. In 2011, Steve Jobs died. Now we have no cash, no jobs, no hope..........Please don't die Kevin Bacon.

Whatever posted: If we run out of bacon, the terrorists win.

philip posted:   Man, forget failing schools, the deficit, the climate, and the economy. No more bacon??

Yard Dog Mazurka posted:  Just in time for Yom Kippur. Can't possibly make this up.

SomebodyElse posted:   Forget going to war over oil. I say we invade Europe and take their pigs.

John posted: "Occupy Bacon"

Alpha and the omega posted: Does that mean there are [sic: "is" a shortage] going to be a shortage of police officers?

KOSH posted: I have a BLT every couple of weeks. I can give that up if it helps some child somewhere get a Bacon Ice Cream Sundae. Think of the children!!




...and the last one-


60sdude posted: It's going to be harder and harder to bring home the bacon. Speaking of pigs, do you all know that pigs can communicate amongst themselves from hundreds of miles away...with "ham" radios that is. Oh, one more thing before I leave you all. If you happen to see a pig limping real bad, it's a good bet it has a pulled "ham" string muscle.




The rest of the story you can read here
No copyright infringement intended.

20 comments :

  1. Oh you know Mom is a bird lover and she says thank you for rescuing that precious little birdie.
    Very very nice song.
    Hugs Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're always good for a laugh....I was talking to my Uncle at the funeral home last night(not the one who died)and wondering if we could raise a pig to kill for the pork,we used to do that,we didn't feed them corn we fed them table scraps. We don't have a lot of those anymore so that wouldn't work. The problem with pork getting expensive because of shortage is the price will never go down again. Remember the sugar shortage.
    You were such a good birder to rescue the little one and keep it safe until it could fly.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really not much on consuming pork, but I DO like bacon, that's why the article caught my eye. LOL

      Delete
  3. I do hope the little bird recovered. What a nice thing for you to do! I am a bird lover too. Hope you get your computer woes taken care of, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...I too am hoping for the best of worlds for the little one to explore.

      Delete
  4. Poor little bird! Hope it will be okay!

    Thanks for yet another wonderful memory - I saw the movie when I was a teenager! Orville was my fave character in the movie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thank YOU, Veronica, for such positive and enriching feedback.

      Delete
  5. What a funny trash talk today...the comments are really a hoot! Bacon shortage, indeed! Makes me wonder... Good job saving that little bird! What a cute one it was! Hope you get your computer problem solved - that is enough to make you want to throw the thing through a window!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...window? Nah, not me....maybe a sledge hammer!!! rofl

      Delete
  6. Hope your computer whoas have been resolved. My hubby got a virus on our desktop this week and I had to go through all the scans, finally ended up restoring it to an earlier time. That man is like a child when it comes to clicking on everything and leaving windows open after he is finished with the computer. Drives me insane, especially when he does it at the office, too much stuff on the computers there that we Have to have.
    I love that you helped the little bird in need of assistance. It more than likely would have met its demise had you not come to its rescue.
    Bacon shortage...we can't live without bacon. Even though it tears my tummy up at times, I still love it. Nothing like a BLT with garden fresh tomatoes. Even if the price goes up people will buy bacon. The comments are a hoot though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finally went to system restore and it's working a bit better, tho still kinda sluggish. I hope tho, I can catch up on my visitors from the last couple of days.

      Delete
  7. When I saw the title I thought of Denis Leary and his Rescue Me show. He certainly would fit in with your trash talk. :)
    Much praise for saving the little bird. I'm sure it was a happy ending!

    Loved the trash talk! I hope the cost of bacon doesn't get too high. There's nothing like a good BLT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...I thought of the very same thing...Denis L. I guess that means that GMTA...right?

      Delete
  8. What a cute little bird - hope it turned out ok!
    If there is a bacion shortage, my hubby will devastated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...I'm hoping so too, I can only hope for the best outcome?!!! If bacon were not to be in the stores...I think I'd miss it too.

      Delete
  9. You are sich a loving gal - helping that bird. Bacon isn't good for you! lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks goodness you came along when you did or who knows what would have happened to that poor little bird.
    Those comments were pretty good. How do people come up with such witty comments.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Anni. Sorry to have been MIA the last few days, but I just posted as to why a few minutes ago. Sorry you are having computer problems. Sometimes computers can be just as costly as kids. LOL. That was so nice of you to rescue the little bird. My Mom used to feed birds all the time until the bird feed got too expensive for her. I've never seen the Rescuer's before. I don't watch alot of t.v unless it is weather related or Food Network. LOL. What will they come up with next with being a shortage. I love Bacon as well, but me and the girls tend to like Turkey Bacon alot better than pork bacon. Now, hubby, he has to have the pork bacon. Take care my friend and have a great evening.

    Karen H.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry for your computer problems.

    ReplyDelete

.