my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out




...shore action [mouseover captions]












CONNECTING TO:






_ _ _


HODGEPODGE
Joyce, our fearless leader of Hodgepodge, has these questions for us....
* * * is a bit political in terms of my 2 minute spiel. #5


1. The Wednesday Hodgepodge this week falls on John Chapman's birth date. He's more famously known as Johnny Appleseed...what's your favorite variety of apple? Jonathon apples!! Crisp, tart, and juicy!!! Not only great for baking, but excellent for salads, raw!!

2. When did you last say 'ick'? I honestly hafta say, I never use the term 'ick'. My term for disgusting is "yuck" [and yes using the term spelling with 'ck' is the proper way...yuk, as I've seen so very often, is only a variant of yuck!]

3. Do you think there's a generation gap? Explain. Of course there is a generation gap....but we older ones are slowly coming around, but fear we'll not ever catch up. Especially when it comes to electronic/computerized gadgets. I still am in awe of the younger ones being able to do things with these gadgets and understanding it much more quickly. AND as always when we're young we think we'll live forever...but the older generation knows better!!!

4. What's on your computer screen saver? Do you leave it alone or change it often? Right now, I have a photo I took recently of a starling [bird] morphing into its winter plumage ----



----and, yes, I change it often, and may I add that I have my preferences to show NO shortcuts, allowing me to see the entire image without those annoying icons, unless I want 'em then I click to 'view' the desktop icons!!


* * *5. If you had the attention of the entire world for two minutes, what would you say? Wow, what a question!! It'd probably be something like "Let's make this place a better place to live!!" In other words, "Get RID of the debris"...be it actually picking up street trash and getting them into a proper receptacle, or it could be a bit political trash, yet, something that would focus of the betterment of the land/people/governments. I just read online news the other day that a baby [newborn] girl was found abandoned on a certain road, by Polish Soldiers, in Afghanistan! They took her to their infirmary and she has been 'adopted' by the soliders' army for now! By political trash then, I am thinking of the way certain governments think...such as killing baby girls because a certain government wants nothing but boy children to survive....the idea and thoughts are sickening - trash, politics and trash are becoming synonymous any more!!!

6. Four fashion trends to try this fall are-brocade/jacquard (fancy printed fabrics), peplum, lace, and printed pants...which of these four would you be most likely to wear? Probably printed pants....at least Capri pants that have print -- like Hawai'ian prints!! I am most comfortable in Capri pants year 'round!!

7. What can make your bad day better? Actually it would depend on the time of day it turns 'bad'. I've had mornings that are horrendous, and usually just breathe deep, count to 10 and move on with whatever the day brings. If it happens to turn nasty by mid-day I would probably go consume some kind of 'comfort food' that I normally wouldn't eat. If by chance the day was good up until early evening hours, probably just grab a good book, sit down and begin to read 'til bedtime. Like Scarlet says "Afterall, tomorrow is another day."

8. Insert your own random thought here. Golly, October is less than a week in comin' 'round already!!! It is one of my favorite months in the year....Halloween. The fragrance of pumpkin spice candles burning, the webbing, the witches - skulls - spiders and bats!! I can't wait to get started on decorating the house. I usually like to have it done the first of the month to stay up all month. Then, in just a short time --- my 2nd most favorite time of year [both, Halloween and Christmas I like equally - in terms of decorating] - December is when my Santas come out of hiding!!! And no, even with just the two of us...I still decorate. It's MY traditional thing.






CONNECTING TO:




baby photo borrowed from online news article...no infringement intended

66 comments :

  1. Your bird shots are wonderful Anni! But, I love that last shot of just the one lone seagull over the white caps - LOVELY!
    My desktop has photos of my three grandchildren. I change it as I get new pics of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...that seagull over the white caps is a pretty photo, I have to agree. I oftentimes try to capture birds in flight but fail 99% of the time.

      Delete
  2. My computer wallpaper changes every 30 minutes...all my photos, of course! Love your gulls...I really do have to figure out this mouseover thing one day...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tell me....does that animated wallpaper use a lot of memory?

      Delete
  3. My favorite apples are Pink Ladies. I not only love the taste, but the name as well! Love your bird pics, Anni!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never had pink ladies before...nor have I seen blue men in person. Sorry...just being a bit snide in my remark; it's been a very hectic couple of days.

      Delete
  4. I just bought granny smith for my apple crumble and dumplings. ^_^ I have a peplum that I am going to wear soon, lace dress I already did wear but the most that I have a second thought of wearing is the printed pants ^_^ I do not have any idea what I do look like hehehe. I might not try it who knows! ^_^ But I am looking forward to wear those t-shirt with hello kitty or big bird printed on it they are back! ^_^ IckSSS my first time to see it hahahaha!
    Visiting from Water World Wednesday
    Kim,USA

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos of the shoreline and the birds. I love the sea and am so glad I live close to it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the photos! I can almost hear the waves crashing on the shore.

    Happy Wednesday, Anni!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...oh me too...waves and the sea are so calming.

      Delete
  7. hey there! your piccies make me want to move back to the sea again....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...nothing like it in the world; living by the sea.

      Delete
  8. lovely setting for beautiful waterbirds

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ach ja, das Meer und seine Vögel. Gerne hätte ich jetzt Urlaub und würde am Meer sein.
    LG Mathilda ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. I could use some of that shore action this morning instead of the "going to work" action that I'll be headed to shortly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well, it's now a weekend for you....enjoy!!

      Delete
  11. These photos are amazing! You were able to capture the high waves towards the shore. It looks like a bright day when the shots were made.

    Enjoy the rest of the week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...hope you have enjoyed your week too!!

      Delete
  12. Beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi there - I like the mouse over labels. I play a bit of a game with WBW post where I try to ID the birds people have posted - and not having the labels on the screens all the time makes it easier to play the game - if no easier to ID the birds!

    I was going "They look like grackles - but in the sea! Cant be" - but they are!

    Cheers - Stewart M - WBW - Australia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...yep, they're everywhere down here.

      Delete
  14. I have no shortcuts on my desktop, so my wallpaper isn't covered up with pesky icons ... and since my wallpaper is a picture of my grands, I want to see all of it. My screen saver is also a slide show of pictures of my grands ... so when I'm on the computer, I get to see plenty of my grands! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...I like your point of view.

      Delete
  15. love those big grackle tails.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am one of the few that really like grackles...I love their 'song'...sounds so tropical to me. LOL

      Delete
  16. October is my favorite month also. Really looking forward to it this year especially - it's been a crazy summer, although a good one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...here, as you well know, it's just been way too hot and dry, I'm looking forward to cooler days at least.

      Delete
  17. I feel like I blinked and September came and went. October is nice too : ) Lovely photos as always...enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I thoroughly enjoyed your bird photos. And I am glad you are catching up with the younger generation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I'm not sure I am catching up, but a lot of us baby boomers are.

      Delete
  19. Beautiful and carefree! :)

    Dropping by from Water World Wednesday…Approaching Davao

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nice bird shots....there will always be a generation gap...shame we don't appreciate the wisdom of the Elders until we are just about Elders ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...I know, young ones don't realize this, until it's too late, or at least NEAR too late.

      Delete
  21. GREAT Q&A...the story about the baby girl thankfully has a good end...and lets hope it will only get better.

    I love your new 'water mark'!! What font is that?
    hugs Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my....it's not a new watermark, this is an old photo, so I can't remember what font it is that I used.

      Delete
  22. Great studies of birds doing what birds do, Anni. My screensaver? A sunflare early in the morning on the Neva River, St. Petersburg, Russia. And I change often cause I'm fickle! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet that is a gorgeous wallpaper.

      Delete
  23. Love the bird photos. Especially the gull in flight, beautiful.

    It baffles me how anyone can abandon a baby and it blows my mind that a government could kill a baby simply because it was born female. So very sad. They are the trash we need to be rid of.

    I can't believe it will soon be October. I have begun decorating for Halloween and Fall. My daughter and her friend made a wreath for my door and I will dig out the scarecrow this weekend and go out to buy some mums for my planters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...they need to be educated somehow that girl babies are a necessity to keep the race alive.

      Delete
  24. Love the photos along with the hodgepodge insights.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fun post!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great read and fantastic photos!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I choose a photograph or create a scrapbook art for my desktop and use a template with a blank strip on each side for icons. I don't want the folders and shortcuts messing up my photos either!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...now that's a great idea.

      Delete
  28. Beautiful shots!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...and thank you for visiting so faitfully.

      Delete
  30. I was so enraptured by your header, I forgot why I came by! lol It is beautiful. Love your shorebirds, too.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Lovely shorebird photos. Always enjoy your Q&As. My screensaver photo is from last years trip to Venice, Florida. A boat on the water at sunset taken from the rocks on the jetty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thanks, and thank for visiting too.

      Delete
  32. The shorebirds are lovely as are those sandy beaches. My favorite apple is the Honeycrisp, juicy and delicious.
    No icons on my screen either, flowers are my current desktop photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't believe I've heard of honey crisp.

      Delete
  33. Beautiful birds, I like such views. I am greeting

    ReplyDelete

.