
"Sometimes, I feel like a nut..."

"...This beats Fischer Nuts any ol' day!"

"Now, how do I get outta here? I know, I know...same way I came in!!"

"On second thought...I'll just stretch out; take a siesta."

"You don't say...'The Chicago trees are on strike? Must be...not nuts here."

"Al Gore is right....the ozone layer is thinning out."
[this squirrel is on the top of a power pole!!!]
Each Fall, when the Pecans get ripe, it's always the same scenario...I love pecans, but never climb the tree to pick 'em. I wait for them to plummet to the ground and try and beat the squirrels; picking them up. Often the squirrels win!!!
CONNECTING TO:
September Photo Hunt Challenges
1st * Quiet
8th * Stuck
15th * Hairy
22st * Escape
29th * Dodgy


Hi there - great set of pictures - used to watch squirrels back in the UK (different species to these) and I used to really like them.
ReplyDeleteI would have thought that they have a bit of an advantage in the nut gathering stakes!
Thanks for the comments on both blogs - I'f been away from home for week and I'm just getting caught up!
Stewart M - Australia
...glad you stopped by Stewart
DeleteOh, how some cute pictures you show a little squirrel.
ReplyDeleteWish you a good weekend :)
Hanne Bente
...hope you had a good weekend also Hanne.
DeleteCute series, I do not mind the squirrels in your yard. They are cuties. Great shots!
ReplyDelete...oh I don't either...they're fun.
DeleteBeautiful photographs, squirrel is very photogenic. I am greeting.
ReplyDelete...thank you.
DeleteVery fun photos!
ReplyDeletehttp://tc-twistedfairytale.blogspot.ca/2012/09/technorati-photohunters-and-photohunter.html
...thanks!!!
DeleteGreat funny post Anni. I hope Squirrel Queen sees it!
ReplyDeleteYou certainly took some beautiful pictures.
Speaking of pictures, Today's paper states all the Wolf Camera stores in our city will be closed? This is sad news since it is where I have my camera serviced. I hope it keeps on clicking w/o problems
Hugs
C
...SQ found 'em!!!
Deleteeven though they raid the feeders, they so amuse me! cute shots!
ReplyDeleteI know, I know....just what you mean.
DeleteI like your squirrelly series!
ReplyDelete...glad you liked 'em Pat.
DeleteEin prachtvolles Tierchen und wunderschön, so süüüsss!!
ReplyDeleteLG mathilda ♥
...thanks 'Tilda.
DeleteGreat photos of hairy squirrel activities. They are fun critters to watch. Hopefully they're not too noisy. Sometimes the squirrels in our area are very chatty with each other.
ReplyDelete...well, no matter about squirrels...it's Eddie Bear that has the floor today...he's so darned pretty!!!
DeleteCute captures Anni!
ReplyDeleteFew critters are more entertaining that squirrels. You got some great shots of these guys. Beating them to the pecans must be a real challenge.
Tell M&M not to worry, SQ will always find those squirrels. LOL!
Happy Weekend!
LOL....I almost stopped by to invite you to visit and view....but you did....you did find 'em with no help at all. LOL
DeleteA wonderful and funny photo story! I love squirrels, but I haven't seen any in the garden this year.
ReplyDelete...glad to read you enjoyed the photos Nikki.
DeleteI do love watching tose hairy antics.
ReplyDeleteThanks for playing with us.
Happy Hunting y'all~
"hairy antics"....great reference!!!
DeleteSquirrels are one of my favorite little creatures!
ReplyDeleteLovely shots!
They are currently in my yard 'stealing' green walnuts from the trees. :)
...aren't they fun to watch?!!
DeleteWelcome back to the hunt!!!
ReplyDeleteGreat captures of those squirrels!
It's funny how when I visit people's sites for photo hunt I often think 'why didn't I think of that?' - we have about 6 squirrels that visit our bird feeders on a regular basis. It would have been perfect for the theme (and saved a ton of hunting through the archives).
Have a super Sunday!
...I know just what you mean, I think the same thing a lot of times.
DeleteWe do the same thing!! The ones on the ground are still green so who knows if we will get a good crop or not this year! The squirrels may get to them before we get back for our monthly trip home!
ReplyDelete...some are ready to pick up...but as you say, most are still green.
DeleteOoooo! I love squirrels and you've captured their cuteness beautifully!
ReplyDeleteHappy Monday!
...thanks Veronica!!
DeleteHi Anni,
ReplyDeleteI hope there are some Pecan leftovers for you....
This post made me smile, cute cute squirrels!
...glad you had a smile from my posting these photos Pia.
Delete