“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes






it's always been about a CAT 2 me---


What's new pussycat ? Wo-ah, Wo-ah,
What's new pussycat ? Wo-ah, Wo-ah, wo oh...




Pussycat, Pussycat
You're delicious
And if my wishes
Can all come true
I'll soon be kissing your sweet little pussycat lips !
Pussycat, Pussycat
I love you
Yes, I do !
You and your pussycat lips !


You and your pussycat eyes !

You and your pussycat nose !



Song recorded best by Tom Jones
Writers: Burt Bacharach and Hal David
What's New Pussycat

Photos by Anni of Winston, cleaning himself [and cropped sections of other photos of Winnie the Poo!]




CONNECTING TO:





_ _ _



Its' been a few weeks since I've done a bit of 'trash talk'. Today, I am thinking it's time to do another...

A woman who went to China's Changsha Central Hospital complaining of itching in the left side of her head was told by doctors that the source of irritation was a spider that had been living inside her ear canal for five days. Doctors reportedly used a saline solution to flush out the spider in order to avoid having the spider burrow deeper inside the canal or bite her. The flushing technique was successful and the woman reportedly wept with gratitude after being told the spider was removed. Doctors say they believe the spider entered the woman's home while the home was undergoing renovations, and crawled into her ear while she was sleeping.




...and of course, the best part...the trashy talk....the comments:


Bob Smith posted:
In a related news story - Ear plug sales made a sharp increase today.

rick posted:
In other news a man from Texas reportedly sprayed pesticides into his ears to stop spiders "from getting into his brain". He was pronounced dead on the scene by local police.

Stinky's dad posted: I'll bet that was the only time the doctor ever looked into an ear and had it look back at him. Probably scared the crap out of him.

Jules80 posted: And this is what nightmares are made of.

Diane posted: EEEEWWWWWW, nothing more, nothing less, just EEEEWWWWW !

Just sayin posted: And just the other day I was thinking how thankful I am that spiders can't fly then I just have to go and read an article like this to mess with my head for years. Not only am I arachnophobic I am also an insomniac. Holy crap now I'll never sleep again!

My View posted: Holy cripe! Just imagine if it reproduced!



...and the last one shared:

john h posted: Now she's a web sensation.



read entire story HERE
No infringement intended by sharing in part.

28 comments :

  1. I am still laughing out loud - and it is only 5:50am! You are too funny...where do you find this stuff! Loved the song today too - Tom Jones was always a favorite of mine, and the photos of the kids are simply too gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL....The comments on these articles are most always the best part. Loved your song this week Lind. So so precious.

      Delete
  2. Morning Anni and Sir Winston your handsome devil...sighs Madi

    Two of my favorite things today...good 60's music and cats.

    Absolutely lovely.
    Hugs Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ....this meme is sometimes quite a bit like "Sing along with Mitch"...remember that?

      Delete
  3. I read this and look at the picture they took of the spider all curled up inside her ear canal. YIkes! I also love your pretty kitty pictures, Anni.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Pussycat ♥ So süüüsss !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is a sweetie, to be sure.

      Delete
  5. Love the song choice and photos. Winston is a lovely kitty.
    My Mom once had a fly, fly into her ear. Mom, who was usually a calm person, was hysterical. The fly was still alive, but could not get out. It keep trying and Mom could hear and feel it buzzing inside her ear. As with the spider lady, the Dr. was able to flush it out. Mom had several deep scratches from her attempts to get it out. My older brother, who is much like Mom with regards to taking everything in stride, still laughs about that little incident that he says, "Mom lost it".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I swear, I would go stark raving mad I think. Flies maybe not so much, but to know if there is spider in my ear, oh my gosh!!!

      Delete
  6. I love the cat photos and words, now your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thanks Lindy, I will be following you now, also.

      Delete
  7. I remember that song! sandie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...Sandie, you've been missed!!!

      Delete
  8. At least it wasn't wearing an ear-wig!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ewwwwwwww, gross - just the thought.

      Delete
  9. YIPES----spider living in her ear??????? Lawdy Mercy---makes me shiver all over just thinking about it...

    Is that one of your kitties? Just gorgeous... I had a white cat when I was a teen. Her name was Snowball. She died when I was away at college --and it was hard to go home that first time after she was gone...

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...Betsy, yep, that's one of our two kitties! Winston. {I like the name snowball}

      Delete
  10. What a sweet kitty to go along with the song.
    The spider story had me laughing but then of course if I was that lady I would not be finding it so funny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, the comments are always too funny. At least that part is funny.

      Delete
  11. I remember that song so well and your little kitty is adorable. As for the spider? Yee gads, how horrifying is that? Years ago my ten year old nephew had a bug crawl into his ear when he was on vacation. They eventually caught up with him after he had been screaming blue-bloody murder and running around like a bat out of you-know-where. The doctor flushed the bug out and poor nephew was awfully quiet for a few days, except when a bug flied a little too close to him. He's all grown up and married now but still doesn't like bugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ....I'd be the same way! I don't care much for bugs...in my ears, stinging me, crawling, anything.

      Delete
  12. That spider story and the ensuing comments were great...just glad it wasn't me. Your cat is quite a ham!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...yep, the comments on these articles are always a hoot. And as with you, I'm glad it wasn't ME!!! Oh ya, Winnie is a ham alright.

      Delete
  13. I really love this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...glad to read this, Denise.

      Delete
  14. Pretty good, pussycat! I love the cat's pose. Too too cute.
    And I was just thinking of having a nap, but I probably won't after reading your ear-raising story.
    K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...I know, that Winston can be quite comical in the positions he puts himself into.

      Delete

.