my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out
Black and White Background courtesy of free backgrounds




HOT tip...well, something like that.




  • I started working on this post Monday morning this week, so I would remember to jot down things happening during the week. Funny thing is, I did it again [!!]--- that very morning...instead of clicking on SAVE, I clicked PUBLISH...so y'all may have read my first fragment in your reader if you are a follower.
  • My nephew lived in a town near the northern border of Wyoming, in Colorado. He and his wife now live in a smaller town east of there...as you know if you've followed me for some time, I grew up in Colorado from the age of nearly 5 to the ripe age of 'over the hill', raising my own family, up until the two kids left and Bud and I retired early by opting out with an extra incentive pay moving to Arizona before relocating and enjoying the sand and surf of the Texas coast. Okay, but still....I have family ties in the state of Colorado; brother, sister, nieces and nephews, not to mention long time friends and acquaintances. Watching the High Park fire around a most beautiful area on the front range of the Colorado Rockies over the past week/weekend, I'm saddened at the loss of property, [one confirmed death and I may know this woman; I need to find out what her maiden name was...if it's who I think it is,  too strong a loss for me ], wildlife, pine trees, and the gorgeous setting. Just weeks prior to that, my sister was telling me of another fire started by a camper just miles up the canyon. And then, the fires near Colorado Springs were Bud grew up....it's all so devastating to know that this tragedy can happen that was once our near back yards. These images I share are NOT mine. Credit goes to Chris and Parnell who sent them via emal and their cellphone [the nighttime image is from the local newspaper]. The first daytime image is heading toward the western most street running north and south in Fort Collins against the foothills...the 2nd one taken is just about 5 minutes later further down the road showing me how fast/quickly the fire is spreading. There are a LOT of homes in that area of the smoke!!!!



  • Speaking of "HOT"....we've had heat advisories here! A few days this week, we were warned to stay indoors...with heat indices hitting the 110-115 degree marks in the more urban areas of our county and adjacent counties.
  • Now that I started my Bird Blog with nothing but photos, I noticed on my cellphone that each and every photo I upload and post on my blog through my gmail account...it's also in my cellphone photo gallery!!!! So, here's a tip----on your phone menu:
    go to 'SETTINGS'...ACCOUNTS/SYNC...YOUR GOOGLE ACCOUNT...untick the Picasa Web Album[s]!!! Yay, no longer loading on my cellphone's gallery!!!.
  • And the subject of drought and heat these days....while beachcombing, we have only found less than a dozen drift seeds this year. I'm wondering why? Would drought in the Caribbean Islands have something to do with the lack thereof? And yet, I read about FLOODING IN parts of Florida. Strange things a'happenin'!!!
  • I made a chart for my Bird Blog, listing all Bird Group Names [i.e., a covey of Quail, a gaggle of geese *there is another name for them when flying....I didn't know that, just learned*, a murder of crows]. It's now posted at the end of my photo.  My newest photo posts are, from Saturday... ROSEATE SPOONBILLS and an eclectic variety of birds including a Red Breasted Merganser and a Great Kiskadee.





  • CONNECTING TO:
    Mommy's Idea


    12 comments :

    1. oh my goodness!! thank you for this post -we have extended family in Fort Collins. We are not big news media people so we knew nothing of this fire! wow wow wow

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome....it's sad....hope your family is safe from harm and no damages.

        Delete
    2. That is a scary but beautiful picture as well. Mother Nature is like that isn't she?

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Yes, fire can be beautiful...I keep trying to tell myself, tho it's tragic, the earth will rebound with all its glory soon afterwards.

        Delete
    3. Oh Anni I'm so sorry you native state is experiencing all these fires. God Bless them all. Fire is my absolutely biggest fear.

      Hugs
      c

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. It breaks my heart to witness this, tho, I'm still thankful that we no longer live amongst the timbers.

        Delete
    4. We had a forest fire join our family vacation in Montana a few years ago. There were places we didn't get to see and smoke we didn't want to breath. It was event I'll always remember but just being a visitor is not anything like living there and seeing it spread toward your home. I hope the best for the community.
      (browsed over from Mrs. 4444 FF links)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. It's sad to watch...when it was/is so close to my home, childhood, home by just an hour's drive.

        Delete
    5. Isn't it scary. I'm so sorry to read this. Fire is an awful thing to face.
      Greetings from Cottage Country!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Yes, especially when you see your whole 'life' go up in flames and can't do anything about it.

        Delete
    6. Hi Anni, I know that the fires in Colorado just break your heart. We were there (in the Rocky Mtn. National Park) last June at this time ---and loved it. We hope to go back soon... Colorado is a really neat state... Have you all ever thought about moving back there ---or do you just love the beach/ocean/hotter weather better? I lived in Texas (near Houston) for 12 yrs. and HATED it. I do not like the heat --and didn't live that close to Galveston (our beach). I missed the season changes, snow and four seasons. SO glad I moved back to TN...

      Hugs,
      Betsy

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Well, it's quite different here in Corpus than Houston. We have much 'drier' air and we DO get down to the freezing temps a few days each winter. There IS a season change...just later than most of the more northerly states. I think a lot of the terrible inferno in Houston has to do with the dense skyline...here in my area, we have year 'round sea breezes. Hot and humid, sure, but the sea breeze helps. And the close proximity of the beach!!!

        Delete

    .