my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out


...in the desert


On the first part of the journey
I was looking at all the life
There were plants and birds and rocks and things


There was sand and hills and rings
The first thing I met was a fly with a buzz
And the sky with no clouds


The heat was hot and the ground was dry
But the air was full of sound

I've been through the desert on a horse with no name
It felt good to be out of the rain
In the desert you can remember your name
'Cause there ain't no one for to give you no pain
La, la...

After two days in the desert sun
My skin began to turn red


After three days in the desert fun
I was looking at a river bed
And the story it told of a river that flowed
Made me sad to think it was dead

You see I've been through the desert on a horse with no name
It felt good to be out of the rain
In the desert you can remember your name
'Cause there ain't no one for to give you no pain
La, la...

After nine days I let the horse run free
'Cause the desert had turned to sea
There were plants and birds and rocks and things


there was sand and hills and rings
The ocean is a desert with it's life underground


And a perfect disguise above
Under the cities lies a heart made of ground
But the humans will give no love

You see I've been through the desert on a horse with no name
It felt good to be out of the rain
In the desert you can remember your name
'Cause there ain't no one for to give you no pain
La, la...




CONNECTING TO:




PHOTO CREDITS:  Plants and amethyst rock [my birthstone] taken at our local Botanical Gardens desert area.  The "Ocean" is a desert is taken at Charlie's Pasture Birding Salt Flats Port Aransas Texas.
LYRICS: Here
YOUTUBE VIDEO LINK: Here




_ _ _




THE ARTICLE: A highway truck accident never sounded so delicious. A semitrailer hauling Hungry Jack pancake syrup collided with a highway median at the Buttermilk Pike overpass in northern Kentucky, causing the truckload of syrup to spill all over the highway.

* * *

And the comments this time...well, I can't help myself  -- "They were "tasty treat for anyone hungry for laughter"!!!



Cool Breeze posted: "Hungry Jack syrup truck spills onto Buttermilk Pike" ... Funniest headline yet! One could add: "Clean-up workers had a lot on their plate today!"

sndk500 posted: He saw a fork in the road and took it.

Guest posted: And in other news millions of ants have been spotted headed towards northern Kentucky

BloggingForDummies posted: In KY....had to be a log cabin nearby......

ohreally posted: Where was Aunt Jemima when all of this happened? No alibi, gunshot residue, pancake mix tracks and a blown out tire on Buttermilk Pike. Just sounds like too much of a coincidence.

m0 posted: who was driving? kevin bacon?

Anonymous posted: Now all we need is a milk truck to turn over to wash it all down.

Deb posted: The ants on the side of the road must think they died and went to heaven.

thaimonas posted: Where is the Land O lakes Butter Truck when you need one.......



Last one for the trash talk --- I could go on and on...the comments were just overwhelmingly funny for this article. I love it!!!! So, for this week, I'll close with this one:



Kramer posted: He was distracted when Mrs Butterworth lifted up her apron.








entire article Hungry Jack Syrup Spills on Buttermilk Pike
no infringement intended

24 comments :

  1. I love that song and the pictures fit it perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the positive comment Pippa!!! Thank you.

      Delete
  2. First, the song was one of my all-time favorites and so well done with the photos! Second, I am still laughing at the trash talk comments...read them to hubby this morning and we are both laughing! Too good! Where do you find this stuff???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This T Talk this week was exceptionally funny for me too.

      Delete
  3. Anni your pictures are amazing and I love this song. I haven't heard it in years.
    Hugs Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it this week M&M

      Delete
  4. That was just too much fun! You always make my days better because laughter is good for the soul! And of course all those songs you plant in my head... :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep...laughter is Good For The Soul!!!

      Delete
  5. Anni, your photos are Awesome! They fit the song perfectly. I especially like the "Ocean is a desert" shot. The walkway seems to go on forever. As for the song, it is a classic though I must admit I had never really paid close attention to the lyrics, just sang along with the chorus.

    The Trash Talk story is so funny and as always the comments are hilarious. I guess Kentucky IS a Sweet place to live...LOL

    Sorry I haven't been around much lately, I have been on vacation in Disney World celebrating my Daughter's Graduation. We were there 11 days. I meant to at least check in with the Theme Song group, but internet access was sporadic, sometimes not working at all. Anyway I am happy to be home out of that Florida heat and humidity and look forward to joining in the fun next week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...can't wait to see what you've got to share with us from your trip!!!

      Delete
  6. Your photos are just so beautiful as always!!
    I want to thank you for that cute Trash talk and those comments made me laugh and I needed a good laugh today.
    I hope that you have a wonderful weekend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have a great weekend too, Sharon!!!

      Delete
  7. Great comments about the syrup spilling.....The last comment is priceless.

    Love that song --and haven't heard it in a very long time.... Reminded me of our trip out west at this exact time last summer.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good song for today!
    I always love your trash talk. What a crazy accident and as usual the comments are hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were the best I've read in a long time.

      Delete
  9. Another good post.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Chuckle! You always bring such delight to bloggyville, Anni.
    Have a lovely day ~
    TTFN ~
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad this post made you laugh a bit Marydon.

      Delete
  11. I LOVE the comments on this one, to funny!!! Where do you get this stuff, anyway? I remember that song well, we loved it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always provide a link at the end of the Trash Talk Ginny.

      Delete
  12. I remember that song, I used to listen to it all the time.
    Too funny with all those comments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Personally, I loved the last comment best. LOL

      Delete

.