my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out




Theme Song & a bit o' trash talk --



There's got to be a morning after
If we can hold on through the night
We have a chance to find the sunshine
Let's keep on looking for the light

Oh, can't you see the morning after?
It's waiting right outside the storm
Why don't we cross the bridge together
And find a place that's safe and warm?

It's not too late, we should be giving
Only with love can we climb
It's not too late, not while we're living
Let's put our hands out in time

There's got to be a morning after
We're moving closer to the shore
I know we'll be there by tomorrow
And we'll escape the darkness
We won't be searching anymore.........



Song lyrics HERE
Themesong this week...theme from Poseidon Adventure [sung by Maureen McGovern]

PHOTO CREDITS:sunrise on the gulf...a storm front over Corpus Christi [posted on a post a couple of years ago]....footbridge at botanical gardens entering the desert area....and another sunrise on the gulf




CONNECTING TO:




- - -


I haven't shared any trashy talk for a few weeks...thought I'd get one posted for fun today tho. So, here goes:


I'd seen the billboards advertising CoolSculpting and I was skeptical. In a country consumed with weight loss and get-thin-quick gimmicks, it's sometimes hard to tell what's legit and what isn't. But I wanted to be impartial, so I went into Dr. G S's office with an open mind. What I learned surprised me. I expected a hardcore sales pitch from Dr. S and the CoolSculpting reps. Instead I got a no-nonsense discussion about science and the physiology behind weight loss and fat loss. CoolSculpting isn't a process they recommend for everyone. And it's not so much about overall weight loss as it is focused on fat loss — getting rid of that stubborn fat that even fit, healthy people have lingering around their midsection....



read the entire post plus watch video HERE
no infringement intended


Now...on to the comments:

fort557 posted: I tried freezing my fat with ice cream...

didn't work...

Tim S posted: I'm rubbing a ice cube on my fat gut right now.

rk posted: I thought "I'm freezing my ass off" was just an expression.

BigBlueCrushAll posted: What would you doooOOoooOO for a Klondike bar?

Mike posted: Save your money & take down all mirrors in your house, buy sweats & have fun.


...and last one...wait for it....wait for it.....wait---
Okay....NOW!!!

dejele posted: Well it must work..isn't that what guys always say happens to their "Johnsons" when cold air or water hits them?

34 comments :

  1. I remember this song very well. I love your storm front photo, you captured the distant rain so well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I so remember that day too...by the time we got home, the city was flooded nearly in every nook and cranny.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful photos to go with this lovely song Anni. I remember both the song and movie well. Trouble is when I hear it I think of upside down ships. LOL!

    I've seen some of the CoolSculpting ads. Glad to hear they give good advice and not some sales pitch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd much rather freeze my fat cells by feeding 'em ice cream [like one of the comments below the article...hehehehe]

      Delete
  3. Danke für das schöne Lied liebe Anni und die fantastischen Fotos.
    Bei uns ist es ziemlich kalt geworden und ab morgen beginnt der Juni. Kann nur besser werden.

    LG Mathilda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed the song 'Tilda!!! Y'know, I wish we had some cold weather moving into our area. You could share some, maybe? LOL

      Delete
  4. The song was perfect with the photos! I always loved this song, and that movie is the reason I refuse to take a cruise! Well, that and the fact that I can't swim and am afraid to be out of sight of land...
    Your trash talk always makes me laugh! Love the comments...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and me both, Linda!!! You and me both.

      Delete
  5. Your pictures are perfectly matched to this beautiful song. I love the song and really had not thought about it in years.

    Thank your for reminding me.
    Hugs C

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I most always think of that song when I see a stormy sea that is churning and mother nature keeps us aware of the dangers out there.

      Delete
  6. Your song brought back memories... I love your pictures, Anni. And your humor and information about freezing your fat off... well, I'll stick to counting calories, thanks anyway! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. About all I'm good at these days is collecting....COLLECTING fat cells.

      Delete
  7. I'll never forget when I saw the Poseidon Adventure for the first time at the cinema, by the time this song played at the end, I was bawling like a baby! lol To this day it still brings goose bumps. One of the classic theme songs!! Loved the pictures you chose to go with the words.

    As for the CoolSculpting comments...omigosh, Anni, absolutely hilarious and yes, the best response was the last one! LOL I can always count on you to make me smile/laugh:-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know me.....always in the gutter with my thoughts on subjects like this...so, naturally, the last one is the best for me too. LOLOLOL

      Delete
  8. I haven't heard that song in a long time! Good song and photos too.
    Love that last comment. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It comes to my mind often when we're on the shore and there is a storm brewin' out there in the distance. Ya, that last comment is a good one.

      Delete
  9. That was one heck of a storm incoming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes....I love storms like this tho, so it was all too beautiful for me.

      Delete
  10. Love that song, Anni, and your photos, too.
    Re the CoolSculpting, it does sound cool, but I have a huge layer of steroid fat caused by medication the doctors gave me 20 years ago without warning me about side effects. I have never been able to get rid of it, and some of the other side effects were worse. Sigh.
    Still, I'd be willing to jump into cold water if it would shrink me like some guys' johnsons. LOL
    K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. rofl....Kay you crack me up.

      Delete
  11. I loved that song and I have not heard it for a long time.
    I loved the photos you choice to put with it also.
    I have not seen anything on Coolsculpting and I agree with the ice cream.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharon?!!!! I'm so glad to know you're back home and hoping your visit with your granddaughter was good.

      Delete
  12. Hi There, Love that song---and definitely remember that movie. I loved seeing Shelley Winters in that movie...

    I would change Mike's comment about Cool Sculpting to "Eat some SWEETS and have fun".... ha ha

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Y'know...the funny part of it all is that I READ it as sweets. So I guess you and I are two peas in a pod...the way we think.

      Delete
  13. Is cool sculpting similar with RF or radio frequency treatment? I'm a vain person though still quite young and I'm doing that now to make my tummy firmer plus I exercise too :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really have no idea....I just read the article to find some funny comments. I take nothing seriously on what I read. It's all for the fun of it.

      Delete
  14. Ha Ha!
    One of my favorite movies of all time....loved that theme song, too...

    See the "attack frog" tomorrow.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful photos and I LOVE that song. I remember when I was in high school I had a 45 record that had that song on the B side. I think I listened to it more than the other song. I remember buying it after I saw the movie The Poseidon Adventure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is just so neat. To have a recording of the song...it's probably an original vinyl too. And, to some collector, priceless.

      Delete
  16. Anni, you are a hoot today! I really liked those pictures of the coast. I've lived in Texas for 32 years and never had been to the Corpus area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Corpus is most definitely not a cultural center....the only thing it has going for it is the proximity of the beaches. My opinion.

      Delete
  17. Good song, and pictures.

    ReplyDelete

.