my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out


Taste of Honey



...and you thought, by the blog post title, the song of the day was by Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass? Nope, guess again......


Sugar
Ah, honey honey
You are my candy, girl
And you got me wanting you

Honey

Ah, sugar sugar
You are my candy, girl
And you got me wating you

I just can't believe the loveliness of loving you
(I just can't believe it's true)
I just can't believe the wonder of this feeling too
(I just can't believe it's true)

Ah Sugar
Ah, honey honey

You are my candy, girl
And you got me wanting you

Honey
Ah, sugar sugar
You are my candy, girl

And you got me wanting you

When I kissed you girl I knew how sweet a kiss could be
(Knew how sweet a kiss could be)
Like the summer sunshine pour your sweetness over me
(Pour your sweetness over me)

Pour a little sugar on me honey
Pour a little sugar on me baby

I'm gonna make your life so sweet
Yeah yeah yeah
Pour a little sugar on me, oh yeah
Pour a little sugar on me honey
Pour a little sugar on me baby

I'm gonna make your life so sweet
Yeah yeah yeah
Pour a little sugar on me honey

Ah Sugar
Ah, honey honey

You are my candy, girl
And you got me wanting you

Honey
Ah, sugar sugar
You are my candy, girl








Yesterday was a sad day in the world of music. A legend in his own time, Dick Clark, from the famed American Bandstand and Rockin' Eve ---passed away at the age of 82, from a massive heart attack. A day in "American Pie"...a day the music died. I remember him so well, an icon...the eternal teenager...the very first 'dancing with the stars' as we as teens watched 'em all dance on the set, and in front of the television I faithfully watched. So many music icons of the rock n roll era made their TV debuts on American Bandstand. RIP Mr. Clark. The industry will not be the same!!



Link to Archies' Sugar Sugar


Thursday Theme Song where you match lyrics to photos or visa-versa.

Photo credits: Just candy and honey 'round our home today....some images with animation I added, while another was a paintshop 'mirror' technique.

CONNECTING TO:




- - -




The article I'm covering this week has to do with 15 'super foods'....it's a tell all item. And the background and supposedly truthful research is at hand for the hardy, low fat and energizing foods to consume. Altho, agreement here is far from reality. I'm going to just list the foods that were in the article along with a bit of info shared. And then, let you decide to read further or shun it all off, at least partly, as rubbish....





  1. Agave-Derived from the same plant used to make tequila, agave syrup has generated lots of buzz recently. Also known as agave nectar, it has a deep, rich flavor that is slightly sweeter than honey.
  2. Artisan Multigrain Breads
  3. Brussels Sprouts-Once considered cabbage's "smelly" cousin, the Brussels sprout is gaining in popularity. The veggie is packed with 130% of your daily value of free-radical-fighting vitamin C
  4. Farro-With the growing focus on whole grains, ancient grains like farro are gaining a following.
  5. Flaxmeal-The health community is buzzing about omega-3 fatty acids.
  6. Gluten-Free Baking Mixes
  7. Greek Yogurt-Thicker and more tangy than traditional yogurt, Greek-style yogurt has become an everyday staple for many cooks. A 6-ounce serving of nonfat Greek yogurt has 15 g of protein, 5 g more than traditional nonfat plain yogurt.
  8. Heirloom Tomatoes-Old varieties of tomatoes are making a comeback.
  9. Israeli Couscous-Round semolina pasta, bigger than regular couscous, Israeli couscous is great in soups, salads or pilafs.
  10. Kefir-Think yogurt in a glass. This fermented dairy beverage is packed with beneficial probiotics that may help give your immune system a little extra edge.
  11. Kombucha-Kombucha is a fermented tea...
  12. Multigrain Tortillas
  13. Nut Butters-Peanut butter may be the first thing that comes to mind when you hear "nut butter," but today there are many varieties.
  14. Spice Blends
  15. Steel-Cut Oats-Here is an example of "what is old is new again." Steel-cut oats (sometimes called Irish oatmeal) are whole-grain oats that have been cut into little pieces rather than rolled.




Now for the comments:

jon d posted: an partridge in a pear tree

Greg posted: How about a big, thick, bloody, juicy, New York strip with onions and mushrooms fried in butter. Baked potato,fried asparagus and a 20oz. Guiness drought in a frosty cold mug.

DragonHeart posted: Agave Nectar derived from natural source....so is cocaine, that doesn't make it good for you.

Daddy's girl posted: Eat this, it's good for you. Next week, don't eat this, it's bad for you. It's like medications. This medicine should be taken for____, it will help you. Next week, don't take this medicine, it could cause ____ or it could kill you.

MCLANDRESS posted: for a real 'back to nature' food i like to gnaw on an old cedar picnic table, an important source of aromatic fiber.

Mary posted: Whenever a food becomes trendy, I stop eating it, mainly cause the prices go up.

Guido posted: eat right, stay fit, die anyway....

Halsted posted: When I was a kid I always fed my brussel sprouts and beets to my cocker spaniel under the table. He lived to be 19!!

daniel posted: When will they just make human chow [in a bag like cat food, dog food...livestock feed]?


...and last one for the week:

A Yahoo! User posted:
piepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepiepie piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
I like pie!!

Complete article
no infringement intended

38 comments :

  1. Dick Clark was a big part of my childhood, he will be missed.

    This is my favorite song by a cartoon group. Interesting article. I'm probably one of the few people in the world who actually like Brussels sprouts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well then, that makes us TWO...I like Brussels Sprouts too. Especially the 'young' ones..smaller ones. After they get so big, they become tough and more bitter.

      Delete
  2. SO much to comment on here...loved the choice of song, Mine I was not so sure of this week. We will see...Sad about Dick Clark - he was truly an icon, and never any hint of scandal about him!

    As usual, the comments are funnier than the articles (which aren't really supposed to be funny, I guess) but I almost laughed out loud at the last one! Trying to be quiet when reading your blog (because it is so early and hubby is still asleep) is not always easy! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and me both...I get up about an hour before Bud does, and try to get to my blogging and visiting before he gets up...trying not to wake him.

      Delete
  3. Morning Anni As soon as Mom heard the first note of your song, she started doing some kind of funky movements, waving her hands and shaking her head...do you think she is ok?
    MOL
    LOVE THIS Song!!

    I grew up watching Dick Clark and absolutely loved American Bandstand...so many folks owe their careers to him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. reminds me of an old TV show...a game show..."I can name that tune in one note".

      Delete
  4. Love this song, in New Zealand, they claim the best honey is the Manuka honey. apparently , in USA, they buy our honey to make dressings.

    RIP Dick Clark, used to watch him when I was in canada when I was 20

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know that about USA and your honey. I bet it's good.

      Delete
  5. Yeah, yeah, der Song ist gut und alles so lecker *gg*

    LG Mathilda ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to know you enjoyed the song Mathilda.

      Delete
  6. Congrats my friend, you managed to make me hungry, and you got me dancing all over my apartment. I love you honey!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ....ahhhhhh, sugar sugar....you know you're sweet as candy girl!!!

      Delete
  7. Oh COD, Our Mom is also dancing around the room. What is her problem?? What have you done to her?? Love this post and love the comments about the food. Oh, so true, one day it is good for you, the next day it is going to kill you. Take care. This is so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure glad you stopped by....do return anytime. It's good to know that y'all enjoyed your visit!!

      Delete
  8. Now there's a blast from the past! I grew up watching American Bandstand in the afternoons. The memories...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "our" age group will have fond memories of the man, and the program.

      Delete
  9. Well, you are MY candy, girl. What a fun post. As usual. Except for the part about Dick Clark, who never seemed to age. I am glad he lived to be 82, which for some people would seem like a full life.

    I also love Brussels sprouts and eat them almost every week. This week, though, it's been lots of kale and collards, as the Farmers Market opened up and they have the bestest and sweetest greens, so I'm eating them for a change.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds all so delicious. Do you cook them, or eat them raw, like...in a salad?!!

      Delete
  10. Love the song and the photos. This song is the opening for the "Cake Boss" and is what comes to mind when I hear it. I love watching the show and seeing the marvelous creations that Buddy puts together. I also enjoy the "Next Great Baker".
    Dick Clark's passing is such a loss to the world of music. I too grew up watching Bandstand. Saturdays were grocery shopping day when I was growing up, I always got up early so that we could get breakfast over with and the grocery shopping done so that we could get back home before Bandstand came on. We cut it close most of the time. If the show was on when we got home I would make my brothers carry in the groceries and I would begin putting them away so I could at least hear the tv.
    As for this week's story. I try to eat healthy, not so much trendy or all natural. Mainly because of digestive problems, especially since I have had my gallbladder removed. My system just can't process fried fatty foods. I grew up eating Everything fried in pure lard,(which we rendered ourselves after killing a hog), sure can't do it now. I do like Brussels Sprouts and most other vegetables for that matter.
    Sorry so long, I always have so much to say after reading your posts. Happy Thursday!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well....I like long comments. That tells me you're reading my post! LOL And I appreciate it.

      Delete
  11. So sad about Dick Clark...and him being still a teenager...the food list is interesting. I have started buying Phil heirloom tomatoes because, well, you may not have been following me back when I did my post on them. They are the original tomatoes, not fooled around with to be perfect and round. And they are supposed to be much more nutritious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ....not hybrids in other words. I LOVE homegrown tomatoes.

      Delete
  12. Love this song! I was sorry to hear about Dick Clark too - what a legacy he leaves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like your thought....a legacy.

      Delete
  13. I love the song and I also watched Dick Clark every Saturday. He will surely be missed.
    I also do like brussels spouts even better in a cheesey sauce.
    Great post as always.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually don't think I've ever tried brussels sprouts with cheese sauce...always just plain butter...and I mean BUTTER. Will have to make some with cheese now.

      Delete
  14. People die from taking herbs and natural supplements...I'm with Dragonheart, that doesn't natural doesn't make it healthy.....Saw an expo on an energy supplement recently which was scary....
    Dick Clark, eternally young.....I loved Bandstand.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That makes two of us in agreement.

      Delete
  15. Ah honey honey! This song still is great...maybe even better with the passage of time! I've got to play this for my 1 year old fanny wigglin' granddaughter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. .......oh, get the cam-corder ---video on your smart phone, whatever it takes. I would love to see her dancing to that song.

      Delete
  16. Love that old song, Annie Honey!!!!!! Brought back memories...

    Interesting how some of the 'old foods' are coming back.. Pretty soon, they will say that LARD is good for us.. WELL--maybe not!!!! ha ha

    Yes, Dick Clark was an American Icon.. He will be missed.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember my grandparents [grandmother] cooking with lard. As a youngster, I would not eat anything she baked 'cause I hated the taste. LOL I waited 'til we got back home and ate mom's homemade cookies or cakes or pies...with Crisco. Now, heck...Crisco is supposedly 'bad' food.

      Delete
  17. oh my I hadn't heard about Dick Clark, what a shame. I used to love watching American Band Stand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too....I liked to watch it if I was indoors on Saturday mornings.

      Delete
  18. Anni, so glad I had time to drop by. I remember that song well. I can't have honey anymore, but loved it before I was diagnosed with diabetes.

    Yes, sad indeed. Dick Clark will be missed. I remember watching him on American Bandstand.

    Hope you and Bud are well. Drop over to the Writing Nook for updates.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary...thanks for the invite. Glad you found meds to help out with your heart.

      Delete
  19. Dick Clark was the perennial teen - wasn't he! There will probably now be some re-runs of his shows! Love that list of foods - but LOVE the comments! So true! Coconut fat is also supposed to be good for you. Now that I have had breast cancer and high estrogen receptors, I'm supposed to stay away from Flax. I have a daily drink of lemon juice sweetened with a little honey! Don't like the Agave Syrup - I'd rather go without sugar. Have a fun week-end!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karin....loved your alphabet post.

      Delete

.