my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out
Black and White Background courtesy of free backgrounds




Whether it weathers...

PICSTORY

Tina's Picstory Challenge this week is *weather*...this image is one of my favorites. While Hurricane Emily ripped torrents into the eastern seaboard of Old Mexico in the Gulf of Mexico, this is what WE saw on Padre Island!!! Looking out into the Gulf watching the storm move toward Mexico's coast....dark, heavy black clouds, with flooded coastal waters along our own seashore...high water, we could not drive onto the beach, it was all blocked off at the highway---we walked in to view the happenings!!! [2005 I believe it was]





- - -


RUBY TUESDAY


A couple of weekends ago, the Botanical Gardens here in town had an 'open house' of their new Butterfly House...it's a walled in, with netting ---of blooming plants and bushes and it's loaded with butterflies flitting here and there...along with a few caterpillars and fountains. The project was funded by its members and took a couple of years to completion. I'll post images of the butterflies on my Saturday's Camera Critters...but today, for Ruby Tuesday, I thought I'd share the 'reds' in bloom. Look closer, you may spy a tree frog!! ...








CONNECTING TO:

Picstory's next topic is *E*

32 comments :

  1. Wow! What weather. Glad I missed that storm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love stormy scenes like this...you'll always find me out and about to experience the wrath. Of course, not if I get blown over...but I like it none the less.

      Delete
  2. That is a really dramatic weather scene. I see one little brave bird on the beach. The red blooms are really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judy...glad you stopped by.

      Delete
  3. Loved that dramatic first shot...I had to enlarge the last one to see the tree frog - he practically jumped off the page then. What a great photo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda....hope today things are better for the two of you.

      Delete
  4. That weather shot is amazing! I see the tree frog too, although I would have missed it if your hadn't pointed it out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another good post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Denise, I thank you over and over.

      Delete
  6. Oh, I found him on the branch, looking like a leaf. Happy Tuesday, Anni. (I almost called you Ruby, it goes so well with Tuesday.) :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tricky little turd, huh? [LOL]

      Delete
  7. The first image is terrific - unusual.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...not so unusual in my neck of the woods.

      Delete
  8. That hurricane shot is very dramatic and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very pretty...and funny [as in odd] it was quite still...like a lull before the storm.

      Delete
  9. Lovely pics! Happy RT2.

    Mine's here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You can feel the force! sandie

    ReplyDelete
  11. wonderful weather pic! thanks for sharing with us :) the ruby-pic is also great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tina. Your challenge each week is fun.

      Delete
  12. I could not find the tree frog anywhere till I read a comment, then I saw him masquerading as a leaf!! We have been to the butterfly gardens inside a building, they are so cool, did any land on you? Did they have sugar water to dip your finger in? But the light was so bad, my pictures are not so good...I can't wait to see how your pictures came out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was no sugar water, that I knew of. LOL

      Delete
  13. That first shot is awesome but it also looks a bit scary. I spotted the frog but he does blend right in with those leaves around him

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to do Othello in High School, that was 1973. We enjoyed calling the teachers cuckolded.

      Delete
    2. Ann #2....Othello in High School...I bet that was a great learning experience.

      Delete
  14. Gorgeous, I love the splash of blue in the second pic! Happy Ruby Tuesday!

    My RT entry

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stay safe ~ I haven't been around for a while since we've started traveling again I can barely keepup my blog... and facebook...lol lol Cute pictures!!!
    {{{HUGS}}}
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've been missed!!! I'm sure glad you had a chance to stop by Donna.

      Delete

.