my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out




Stormy sea, Beachcombing and my week...

For shadows this week, I'm posting various 'finds' while walking the shores on various days in the recent past...









Mildly Rough Sea on the Jetty
Shadows at Luby Beach
















Jellyfish
Gulf Shore Shadows













Seagull Feather
Shadowed on Whitecap Beach

















Washed up Coral
Shadowed Near Bob Hall Pier








CONNECTING TO:




- - -



SUNDAY'S SUMMARY



Well, let's see; what have I been up to doing this past week? Bought two huge 40# bags of red bark mulch for the back yard 'island' that has pelican statues, crepe myrtle and palm plants. I don't know how it disappears so quickly over a year's time, but it does - and the plastic landscaping material that Bud put down; underneath it all when we 'built' it, was showing through in so many places. Now it looks a whole lot better!! Bought and planted three small azalea bushes, and found a new, small-sized, cement bird bath that when it stops raining, I will paint it... to place near the bird feeder. This week, we've had white winged doves, red winged black birds, a cardinal, and several different species of sparrows just outside the computer room window. All making use of the bath and the new feeder. I was at a loss with no computer for two days ---tore everything down and did all the cleaning in the room. That meant taking down all the books from the shelves and cleaning behind on the walls and waxing the shelves...then, replacing the books in order. But it's always so much worth the effort even if it IS a back-breaking chore, 'cause within the year's time the books are such a mess --Bud buys books and then lays them horizontally instead of making room on the shelf to have them in vertical position [that bugs me! LOL] I'm glad the room is clean and organized!!



Been chatting with our daughter, Irene, while she's been off work due to surgery on last Friday. She is recouping well. Also, this past Tuesday, our youngest grandson turned 16!! My goodness. Seems just like yesterday he was the little tot still running around the house with diapers. Y'know? Then, I had to get a package ready for shipping. The 18th of this month is our annual sister's day celebration where we exchange small gifts and then each of us two goes out at a synchronized time at night and salute sisterhood with matching champagne glasses and of course champagne!! It's been a long time tradition with me and my sister. Anyway, got the package shipped on Friday. Also, while out and about on Friday, I was on my way home and drove by Joann Shop -a craft store- having the urge to see if they had any Easter egg cups. I usually, in the past, have found some there. They had two kinds. Both the same 'style' - one with a little yellow duck peeking over the edge and the other with a bunny rabbit. Of course, with Easter, I always associate bunnies more so than baby ducks. I bought the bunny one at 40% off. "Just like I need another one!" rofl But, they're so darned cute. When I get home, Bud shakes his head and says "I'm gonna hafta start going with you, so you will think twice bringing more home." Ya, right, like having HIM with me'll stop me. Pffft. You just keep thinkin' Bud, that's what you're good at. It's been a bit erratic in weather all week. Friday and Saturday, it was spittin' rain most of the day, quite chilly I might add. Because of the dreary weather, I thought a good day for soup. I tried a new recipe that Mari shared on her blog a few days back. I'll get the pictures of it and a link to her shared recipe when time allows...trust me, it was DEEEElicious!! And ironically, a HEALTHY dish too, low in calories and fat.

66 comments :

  1. I love the beach pictures!
    You have been one busy gal. I'm impressed and I know you feel good after doing all that work.
    So glad you liked the soup. You would never know it was so healthy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh it was so good!!! It'll be one on the menu often.

      Delete
  2. I love your coral and feather pictures best of all!!! The egg cup is really cute!! What kind of surgery did our daughter have, does she live very far away? You seem like just as big of a shopper as I am!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hernia from the C sections she's had years ago. It finally 'caught up with her'. Ya, we live quite a 'fur piece from her'...like, nearly 1000 miles apart. Oh ya...I love to shop for 'trinkets'. LOL

      Delete
  3. I love your beach shadow shots, Anni! The coral and feather and the jellyfish are all delightful! Hope your daughter is recovering well -- sending good thoughts her way! Hope your weekend is going well!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the well wishes for Irene's recovery Sylvia. Means a great deal to me.

      Delete
  4. I couldn't have resisted the bunny either! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cute....but thank god, I didn't buy the 'twinsie' baby chick! roflmao...your video was truly rofl material.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful beach treasures and their shadows! Love the detail of the coral! And enjoyed the commentary on your busy week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Gemma. And thanks for co-hosting Shadow Shot2

      Delete
  6. And what great finds you found! Beach photos are always a novelty for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kelly...y'know? I really enjoyed your very unique shadow too. In fact, loved it because of the fact it was something not shown often.

      Delete
  7. Very nice photos.

    Regards and best wishes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...your compliments are always a welcome sight.

      Delete
  8. Weather here in Dallas has been crappy the last few days too. Love the pics Anni!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Chuck....I loved reading your critique on the book you rec'd. Well done. Thanks for the compliment.

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Thanks dear one. As I enjoy your composition today also..the image and the writing.

      Delete
  10. The jetty moves into rough seas - perhaps we feel (and enjoy) in walking onto the pier, being part of the feeling of the unpredictability of the sea...Your library is impressive, and I would have no problem with books arranged any old way. As long as they have been read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I'm more O C than others, I like the books and the book shelves in order and not just strewn about. Oh, they've been read alright...and re-read. These books are saved 'cause they're our favorites.

      Delete
  11. Lovely photos - the angry sea is so awesome - you can almost feel the fury! Glad you found an egg cup...laughed at your comment about Bud...what a great description!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya.....Bud somehow thinks I'd listen to him? Pro'ly not. LOL

      Delete
  12. Love your jetty photo, and the coral...so pretty.
    What a great thing to do as sisters!! Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We enjoy having fun doing this little 'sister thing'. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  13. love your beach shots, my favourite pastime, walking along the beach.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree...there is nothing more soothing that a walk on the beach.

      Delete
  14. Hi Anni, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to meet you Chris. I enjoyed viewing your blog and getting to know you.

      Delete
  15. I love that feather shot. Thank you for your beautiful contribution to Shadow Shot Sunday.

    House's Shadow, have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...and thanks for leaving a direct link to yours...which was a joy to view...so very festive.

      Delete
  16. Glad to hear that your daughter is doing well. A Mother never stops worrying about her children, no matter what age they are. (Something my daughter has a hard time understanding... she says I worry too much)
    I like the little bunny egg cup. I wouldn't have been able to resist either.
    All of your photos are wonderful. The beach is such a great place for photos. I would love to live near a beach. I might be motivated to walk more if I had a shore line to walk. Maybe some day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, you can always come down here to visit with me....beach would be on the itinerary. LOL

      Delete
  17. Always enjoy your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoy my photos Denise.

      Delete
  18. wow, beautiful shots for Shadow Shot Sunday! the beach even if stormy, is still calming and relaxing for me. I can hear the waves from here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean...just images of the sea brings on all kinds of relaxing sounds running through the mind.

      Delete
  19. "Hootin' Anni's" has been included in this weeks A Sunday Drive. I hope this helps to attract even more new visitors here.

    http://asthecrackerheadcrumbles.blogspot.com/2012/03/sunday-drive_11.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow...Jerry, I feel flattered and very honored. This is such a great concept. Thank you.

      Delete
  20. I came over from As the crackerhead crumbles to have a look. Nice walk on the beach but those mildly rough waters look pretty wild to me :) Either way I do love the beach so it was a nice walk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to meet you Ann....I loved spending a 'lazy day' with you and Duke today. And, thanks for one of those delicious c. chip cookies.

      Delete
  21. wonderful seaside photos
    I love the delicate shadows created by the feather
    and the rough sea is so beautiful

    Happy Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked it too, and first I spotted it, I thought "Shadow Shot Sunday". LOL

      Delete
  22. Ohhhhhh that coral makes such a pretty picture...

    Sister's Night! Wonderful to have such a special habit.

    and any reason for a bottle of "bubbly," is a good reason for me. -grin-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sister and I have been doing this annually for years...it's fun, and something very special to the two of us.

      Delete
  23. Your spring sound like it little farther long then mine but we do have clues even up in North Idaho.
    I been making notes when such birds return. Robin around the 20th of Feb. Then I believe hubby saw mountain blue birds the 8th of March.
    No plants or planting out doors but I have bulbs popping up.
    Not living close to ocean or gulf I wouldn't be combing the beaches. But there lakes and I like to see what one kind find in mountains.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by Dora.

      Delete
  24. I am drooling your shots on the beach.

    Very nice captured. Looks everything awaits for you and poses for the shadow posed.

    Happy SSS,
    /C

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you "Chubby"...I'm happy that you came to visit with me.

      Delete
  25. Anni, I'm glad to hear that Irene is doing well and hope she will recover quickly.

    Love your St. Paddy's decor. Cute!

    Enjoyed seeing the photos. Drop by the Writing Nook when you can. I'm hoping to get a new post up tonight.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary...it's so nice to see you come here for a visit.

      Delete
  26. love your pics!!
    Hope your day today is full of sun and love!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much...but y'know, I enjoyed YOUR "MEN" post so much I had Bud read it.

      Delete
  27. I love the pictures of the sea!
    Happy Sunday.

    :-)
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
  28. The feather and the coral are examples of little things that many people would dismiss without a second glance. Fortunately for us, you stopped to photographed these little things.

    Shadowy Reflections

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MMT...thanks for visiting....I must say I really liked your MOON MAIDEN Haiku this past week...so mystical.

      Delete
  29. Beautiful pictures. I love that seagull feather, the texture is so great. I am invite you to subscribe to my "Life in Pictures" meme. Have a nice week. Greetings from Romania.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much for your compliments and comment!!! And thank you for the invite.

      Delete
  30. You have have to keep your eyes open when on the beaches. Never know what might have washed up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sometimes it's good stuff...most times, trash. LOL

      Delete
  31. This is interesting, and the photos are wonderful. A bird feeder is one of the most effectual means for one to attract the birds. It is a good source of water that the birds can use for bathing and drinking, which is why it is a must-have for anyone who wants to improve his or her bird watching experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure this is your blogsite or not...your link took me to an advertisement page. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  32. that's a sweet tradition you got there with your sister and I hope your daughter will be all well soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we've enjoyed the 'camaraderie' for years.

      Delete
  33. I'm always so fascinated by everything you find on the beach! Most of these things I've only ever seen in pictures or on tv...well except for the seagull feather! LOL

    My goodness, that certainly was a lot of books for you to dust and rearrange. Good job well done:-)

    Awwww, that egg cup is just adorable! If Bud keeps buying himself more stuff for his collections, then you are allowed too! hehe I think collecting is so much fun and we ALWAYS make room for one more, don't we:-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep....make room for the fun in life.

      Delete

.