my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out




All your eggs in one basket? I don't think so...







CORAL BEAN BUSH
Taken at Suter Park
Corpus Christi, Texas
March 2nd, 2012













CONNECTING TO:



- - -



Tina's Picstory week´s topic is the letter *C* -- I'm going to go with 'cup' as in easter egg cup. This is the time of year that I go wild in the search for new cups. Last time I mentioned that I found three at Cracker Barrel...here...and, I'm still on my annual quest for new ones to add to my collection [the link for you should open in a new window/tab - if you'd care to see what I had last year] for the holiday. I found two this time around...

A Tulip
[Hobby Lobby]




and A Rabbit/basket that will hold TWO eggs in one basket!!
[Michael's Craft Shop]



I have yet to check at these stores where I've found 'em in previous years; if time allows, I'll get around to them before the holiday. LOL Note to myself: go to Kohls, Joann Shoppe, Antique Mall, Target, and perhaps stop at some thrift stores [I've found egg cups at times in thrift stores, but at different seasons tho, perhaps they have some].




CONNECTING TO:

27 comments :

  1. Anni, if you want to downsize, going to those places is NOT the way to go! Love your egg cups - especially the rabbit! Enjoy your cleaning...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...I know, it's shameful, huh?! LOL

      Delete
  2. very beautiful C´s. love the flowers :) thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks to you for hosting PicStory Tuesday.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you very much Annemor

      Delete
  4. I think this is such a fun collection! I love the flower one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a fun item to collect, too bad there aren't that many out there to be found that are "Easter" related....but, maybe on 2nd thought that is a GOOD thing. For me, at least. LOL

      Loved your Wordless Wednesday today.

      Delete
  5. Annie, your rabbit basket is very cute!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it cute? I loved viewing all your finds this morning too.

      Delete
  6. I've never known anyone to collect Easter Egg cups. That tulip one is beautiful! I don't collect Easter Egg cups, but I wouldn't mind having one of those in my house! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thing is, most of the egg cups are quite inexpensive, so you're not spending and arm and a leg to have a cute, fun, collection!

      Delete
  7. The coral bush is stunning! I could sit in awe and wonder before it for hours!

    Mariachis with Red Accents

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it pretty? I've always thought when I see it blooming, to go back in the Fall and pick off a seed pod, and then forget about it all the time.

      Loved your Mariachi images.

      Delete
  8. I'd never seen a Coral Bean Bush before, never even heard of it...it's gorgeous!

    Those Easter egg cups you recently bought are so adorable. I'm always on the look out at our thrift shops for you but so far haven't found one. Collecting things are so much fun, aren't they:-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, collecting can be an addiction so easily...yet, quite fun. Especially when the collecting is of such a whimsical nature. Loved your St. Patty's decor share today my dear Pea.

      Delete
  9. I have never heard of a coral bean bush...it must be a warm climate bush! Very pretty. Love your egg cups..Easter is not to far away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is tropical all right. And such a beautiful display of the reds. Jan, loved your sunset image today.

      Delete
  10. Lovely! Great shots!

    Visiting for RT 2- hope you can stop by:)

    http://www.sweetposh.info/2012/03/the-mega-blocks.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leah....your colorful Lego post was a lot of fun.

      Delete
  11. That is one beautiful bush but I have never seen it before.
    I hope that you are back soon. I also wanted to tell you that we are having weather like that also. We get 2 really warm but windy days and then the rest of the week is 40 or below.
    Have fun cleaning your computer room.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crazy weather indeed. All over. Fun? Cleaning a book room full of shelves and books? Well, I don't think so...this is the worst room in the house when it comes to cleaning. Very time consuming. But, it's done for the year...and looks mighty spiffy.

      Delete
  12. Love the tulip cup - it's forms and colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emille...I really liked your images today....but that bottle bush TREE just flabbergasted me to no end! I've never seen them grow that big.

      Delete
  13. I took photos of the Coral Tree yesterday! :-)
    Stunning flowers, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete

.