my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out




Talk about a slap in the face...











BACK YARD
ORANGE HIBISCUS STAMEN
macro setting
effects:
Soft focus/halo














CONNECTING TO:
studio waterstone



- - -


MONDAY MORSELS



"Talk about a slap in the face"...something more like: I mean, isn't that just kick-you-in-the-crotch, spit-on-your-neck fantastic? I'm talking weather here!!! Friday, it was absolutely beautiful. Clear, sunny. In fact on the shade of HOT. The high was 87 degrees believe it or not!! Come Saturday morning, woke up to a balmy, breezy 60 degrees...then, everything broke loose. The winds began to howl, the sky turned a nasty gray and the heat wave disappeared nearly within an hour's time. To top it all off, the low Saturday being 60...Saturday night into Sunday morning sometime, it nearly became frosty. 40 degrees. In a 36 hour time frame it went from 87 to 40! In my mind; "fantastic"? NOT. I stayed indoors and did some more laundry. Too cold for this ol' gal. Guess it'll start to warm up quickly tho. Anyway, as I just mentioned, it was gorgeous on Friday so I bought three small azalea plants and planted them.

At the backyard gate, the bougainvillea is such a vivid, colorful display of hot pink-red, I wanted to share it with you---

24 comments :

  1. Beautiful flowers! (Didn't want to try to spell it...) The weather here has been so erratic, I think that's why everyone has been sick! 80 degrees one day, 30 the next with howling winds...I am half afraid to leave home because I am pretty sure by the end of the day I will be improperly dressed for the weather! Have a wonderful day, Anni!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are having crazy weather here too. We got hit with a nasty snow storm Saturday, but it's supposed to be in the 50's on Wednesday and I'm looking forward to that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kudos to you Ms. Anni...when you finished with your cleaning we'll send you a plane ticket to our house.
    Hugs Madi

    ReplyDelete
  4. That bougainvillea is simply beautiful!

    Wow, that was an awfully dramatic drop in temperature! I thought that kind of stuff only happened around here. ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had a rather mild weekend but snow is expected for the next couple of days. Spring is coming, though! Love the bougainvillea, it's just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Weather has been 'weird' everywhere I guess. ~ Photos are beautiful ~ thanks for sharing ~ namaste, Carol (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful shots! Lovely flowers:)

    Visiting for Mellow Yellow Monday- hope you can stop by:)

    http://www.cassandrasminicorner.com/2012/03/roses-for-you.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful pictures and flowers!
    I have also hibiscus and three different bouganvillas in my patio. it´s lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the pictures. Our weather has been on a roller coaster ride too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous shots...I love hibiscus! The weather here in my neck of the woods has been the same way...on day we have the AC on the next the heat! CRAZY!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. great shot there Anni, visiting for MYM.

    Hope u can visit mine too when you can, http://texas-sweetie.blogspot.com/2012/03/mellow-yellow-monday-spring-is-season.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Anni that is beautiful!

    Shamrock

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry you are getting cold weather. You wanted to leave that behind, so it must seem like a slap in the face. When it hits you down there. -sigh-

    "Seeing what is in front of one's nose requires a constant struggle."
    ~~George Orwell

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the first one, it's very dramatic.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aren't Hibiscus macros wonderful!?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful flowers and photos.

    Regards and best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such gorgeous color! My grandmother (well, both of them actually) LOVED gardening- flowers, not veggies, and both had stunning arrays of color in their yards all the time! We've had that nasty 80 degree weather. I look forward to winter all year long to get a break from the heat and the bugs. Not this year. Although we are in the 50s and 60s for a couple of days.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The Bougainvillea is fantastically sumptuous and beautiful!! I would not know what they look like, don't think I have ever seen one before! And the Hibiscus stamen, they are quite something else, almost like a tiny world of their own. It is snowing here today, no school.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great Shot! We have had some interesting weather to. Beautiful weekend... then its SNOWED again!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful macro work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. We're getting the same crazy weather here!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fantastic light in this macro Anni!

    Happy MM

    ReplyDelete
  23. Nope, you'd never survive in our frigid temperatures! LOL It went down to -14F the night before and -9F last night. So your "cold" temps of 40F sound downright balmy to me right now!! hehe We have so much snow, the snowbanks are about 4 feet high!! I'd rather that, though, then those horrible tornadoes going on in parts of the States:-(

    Your Bougainvillea is absolutely gorgeous!! I so love the colour of it. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

.