“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes






They Say the Neon Lights are Bright...

FRIDAY FRAGMENTS

  • I finally received my 2nd issue of the gift subscription to Birds and Blooms. First thing I did was to go searchin' for the acorn. And found it. Clever hiding place...well concealed.

  • Bud and I went to Logan's for Valentine's Day. I ordered the 6 oz. sirloin. Mighty tasty. But, for me, the tossed salad with Balsamic dressing was scrumptious. We like to go there 'cause they have peanuts in the shell to snack on while waiting for your order to arrive at the table. And of course, their multitude of TV screens around the establishment is always on ESPN. You know me and sports.

  • The Texas drought in this section of the state isn't over yet...but the rainfall is getting better. We've had some nice, gentle, day-long bouts of moisture!! Thing is tho, yesterday, it was near 80◦ Fahrenheit.

  • I'm revamping my meme links...going back to the original images made by meme owners instead of my 'template themed' buttons...much easier to keep up with than trying to design buttons for each template. LOL

  • This week, Janet became my 600th follower!! The "Friends Connect" shows 601, but Janet was #600 and her profile image appears...it's kinda misleading and the only thing I can figure out is I have a follower that did not go public; instead... choosing to follow me 'icognito'. Any case, KEWL BEANS...



  • CONNECTING TO:
    Mommy's Idea


    - - -


    FLORAL FRIDAY FOTO


    Here in Coastal Texas, flowers that have an origin from bulbs is quite difficult to grow successfully. First, there are rarely deep freezes in the soil in the winter months. Bulbs really need to go dormant, and they don't without freezing temps. Secondly, the ground, in any normal weather pattern [unlike what we've experienced in the last year] --the ground is usually quite moist, which bulbs tend to get root-rot. This year however, the daffodils are putting on a good showing in our yard...






    CONNECTING TO:


    - - -


    and then for PHOTO ART FRIDAY
    I thought perhaps I'd show you the "Neon Lights of Corpus" using the same image as above...

    Techniques and filters used:
    SHARPEN MASK
    EDGE ART FILTER
    BRIGHTNESS/CONTRAST
    FILL
    adding a gold nameplate "Neon Lights"
    With Paintshop Pro, I did the above list, with these results:





    CONNECTING TO: PHOTO ART FRIDAY meme
    Photo Art Friday

    48 comments :

    1. I didn't know about bulbs not growing well in Texas. The one you made looks like one of those velvet paintings!!! And I am still loving this Mardi Gras background! I hope you have a great weekend!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Well, I don't think ALL of Texas has that problem with root rot...but down here in the sub-tropics we do. North and West Texas is more dry.

        Delete
    2. Enjoy your weekend.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You have a great weekend my friend!!

        Delete
    3. Your dinner at Logan's sounds so delicious! Love your photos. Hope you have a good weekend.

      If you click the highlighted words "file folders" in my post, it will take you to the link where I purchased them! Thanks for visiting!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Okay...I'll go back and find the link. Thanks!!!

        Delete
    4. Love what you did with the flowers! We love Logans too - just an all-around nice place to get a steak! Enjoyed my visit here today, as always. Have a great Friday!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. That 'art' meme is too fun. And addictive.

        Delete
    5. Love your photo art! Glad you had a yummy v-day dinner too!

      ReplyDelete
    6. My daughter loves the steak place here. She only wants to go there because they have peanuts before you get your food. She's become quite the shell cracker. Her dad took her there for a date a few weeks ago at lunch. She came home full...of peanuts!

      I've never been to Texas but I've always wanted to see what it's like there. I like the heat!

      Happy Friday!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Andrea...I'm sure if you ever get down to Texas, you'll like it!! The only place I've not cared for much is El Paso...quite a dirty stinky city. LOL But anywhere East of there...it's super. Oh, and peanuts, I can totally understand getting 'full on peanuts'.

        Delete
    7. Congrats on 600 followers! Nice to know so many people like your work.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Hi Wayne...I was elated when I reach 100 followers. This just 'bloggles' my mind.

        Delete
    8. Replies
      1. I do love those daffodils. Bright, sunny yellow!!

        Delete
    9. Fun interpretation of the daffodils for PhotoArtFriday

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thanks ceevee...this meme is truly quite addictive.

        Delete
    10. Congratulations on your followers milestone! I heard that the followers thingy is going away soon, so you might not have a chance to get to 700 on it... :-)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I understand that it is going away for all those that have been using it on other blogs that are from other servers, like Type Pad and Wordpress. Those with Blogger Blogs will not be affected.

        Maybe I'm wrong.

        Delete
    11. Good to here you're recovering out there from the drought...we've not had much winter to speak of, the trees are budding out and I've seen a couple blooming already....its nice to see some color arriving.
      Blessings,
      Mama Bear

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Ya, the gadget I have on my computer even has a 'cautionary' alert today for our county and those of us south and west to the Old Mexico border...we're now under flood alert. By the looks of things right now tho, maybe just rain...doesn't look too vicious a sky. Yet, anyway.

        Delete
    12. Spring has sprung in Texas - my amaryllis are poking their heads up here in Naples, FL

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I have a few in our front yard...haven't checked them out yet...they always bloom so nicely. Now that you mention amaryllis, I will have to go look at mine and see what's up [or what's not]

        Delete
    13. Congratulations on 600 followers! I'm impressed ... and glad to be one of the 600. ;-)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I'm glad you and I are following each other....nice meeting bloggers with so many similar interests.

        Delete
    14. You daffodils are very pretty & a welcome delight. We love Logan's, but don't have any nearby, stop when traveling. Winter has skipepd us since the blizzard in October in MD. Just a smattering of snow here & there, durnnit! Congrats on 600, Anni.

      Have a beautiful weekend ~
      Hugs,
      TTFN ~
      Marydon

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. It definitely has been a strange winter, I agree, for the entire nation.

        Delete
    15. First off I'd like to say I'm so jealous about that 80* and I thought that our 40 was warm. Hope that you get out of the drought however.
      I love what you did with the flower. You are so talented girl.
      I would love to come see your part of TX. I only saw a small part several yrs ago when I rode with hubs in the truck and it was the panhandle and the trees were no bigger that our shrubs very desolate and disappointing.I guess that is why I love looking at all of your photos,it is so beautiful.
      Have a nice weekend
      Hugs

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Oh yes...well, the Texas Panhandle leaves a lot to be desired. Tho, it's quite pretty in the Spring with all the wildflowers in bloom

        Delete
    16. Replies
      1. Thanks for leaving a direct link....I appreciate that. Some bloggers have several blog of their own listed in their profile, and it makes it all the more easy when a link is left. Thank you, thank you.

        Delete
    17. congrats on the follower number - I recently broke 100 and it's been a long time. Looks like you enjoy experimenting with the photo effects. The flower shape makes a nice neon sign.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I've been blogging for a little over 6 years. Yes, I like the 'neon' effect too.

        Delete
    18. Happy Friday Ms. Anni.
      We love the buttercup pictures.
      We had rain all day yesterday...it is sunny and unseasonably warm today
      Hugs Madi and Mom

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. M&M....they're daffodils. I like the rain, we NEED the rain, but a sunny day sounds super right now. LOL

        Delete
    19. Gorgeous!
      I love daffodils and right now they are all over the yard!!!

      ReplyDelete
    20. Very nice post-processing.

      Regards and best wishes

      ReplyDelete
    21. Beautiful daffodils!
      Hope to see them in my garden in April.
      Congrats on 600 followers.
      Wish you a lovely weekend.
      Greetings Mette

      ReplyDelete
    22. Wow you have Daffodils blooming already. Ours are out of the ground but no buds/blooms just yet. - Love the Neon effect. Very cool.

      ReplyDelete
    23. Wowza! That's so cool! I'm just not too good messing around with photos. They never do what I see in my head. LOL

      ReplyDelete
    24. A belated Happy Birthday. A little squirrel told me.

      ReplyDelete
    25. Yea, how do I get that stupid word verification to stop!!!??? I tried this week because I found it annoying myself. But I can't make it stop. If we mediate and can delete them, then let us choose to use it.

      Mmm, steak, yummy! We had steak on V-day also. It was lovely. Your flowers are indeed showing well, look how vibrant they are!

      ReplyDelete
    26. Look what some fancy editing can do to some simple daffodils!!! A great piece of artwork. Thank you for sharing it with PAF.

      ReplyDelete
    27. Cool! Congratulations on 600 followers!

      ReplyDelete
    28. Finally here to look at your beautiful captures, Anni. Have been very busy with work and at home!

      Lovely daffodils! Thanks for participating in Floral Friday Fotos.

      ReplyDelete

    .