“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes






RIDDLE: Something's Hidden yet, quite visible -PART II

AKA blog post title...Tina's Picstory wants Shadows...

If you visited with me yesterday and viewed my macro shots of the duranta bush and the turtle, you perhaps recall I mentioned a picture riddle? Today is VALENTINE'S DAY, and I will share some hearts with you in photos...

From yesterday, there were 'hidden' hearts! Did you spy them? Actually, they're a viney weed that has now been cleared out when we cleaned this area. But, not before I photographed it. Just think....if it weren't for blogging, I would not have even taken time to snap a photo before pulling them out. A special picture, of a weed for crying out loud...imagine!! LOL

Okay, I guess they're only visible if you're actually LOOKING for hearts...but in any case, here are the hearts I've found recently---



HEART SHAPED LEAVES
[along side...the original photo from yesterday's post]




CHECK OUT THE VERY CENTER OF THIS ROSE...see a partial heart?


BUD spotted this on the beach a while ago, mentioning that it was 'full of hearts'. Actually, he said "It almost makes a full deck" [as in cards] ---


How many 'hearts' can YOU find?


...this photo below shows the hearts I see.... "outlined" in black for the recessed hearts; "outlined" in green for the 3-D hearts. [I found 8 total; there are probably more]---



PS...I also see a celtic shaped cross in the stone...clear to the right side.



HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY EVERYBODY!!!



connected to: Ruby Tuesday 2 and Picstory [with linked Buttons found at BOTTOM of blog page]


36 comments :

  1. Happy Valentine's Day, Anni!!!!! Yes, I did see all your hidden hearts, but did not see the leaves, though!! I LOVE the red heart in the center of the rose, you have a talent for seeing things like this, I don't!! I LOVE those beautiful blue flowers below and have never seen or heard of them before!! But I did see the cute turtle below them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Duranta? It can be quite invasive if not kept under control. But the flowers...oh such a deep rich purple.

      Delete
  2. Happy Valentine's Day, love you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know my sweet Denise, I've told you over and over, you're so inspiring!!

      Delete
  3. How very observant and clever! It's so much fun finding"secrets" in the "small" world around us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a privilege for me to see this photos!
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great! you have to be very observant to see the hearts on the stone! happy valentine's day from austria! mrs.columbo

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAppy Valentine' Day.
    Lovely pictures. I found the heart even in the "hidden" one.
    Have a wonderful Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have often been told that I don't see something unles it smacks me in the face! Well, I totally missed those yesterday! Thanks for sharing a very special valentine's photo show with us! Happy Valentine's Day to the Lady Who Loves Red!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the stone with all the fossils, - great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very observant. The valentine rock is great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Even a stone shows heart at Valentine's Day. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are all excellent hearts - even the turtle needs a little love, so reptile green hearts are appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. REPTILE GREEN HEARTS....I like that reference.

      Delete
  12. YOu are so heartful! Happy Valentine's Day to you, Anni! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it!! I found 7 of the 8, so feeling pretty good. You and Bud have a great eye for hearts - you need a heart hanging on a pole here in Loveland!

    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A heart hanging on a pole in Loveland? How's that done? Do we donate some money to a good cause or something? Tell me.

      Delete
  14. das ist ja KLASSE
    LG vom katerchen

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Valentine's Day to you! Lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Valentine's Day to you and Bud...
    I found 6 of the 8. I missed your post yesterday and I hate that.
    I love the things you come up with to make my day. One clever gal you are.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not bad Sharon...6 out of 8. You have to realize I have had a longer time to look it over. Weeks!! LOL

      Delete
  17. Lots of hidden hearts, and I see the Celtic cross too :).

    Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are right we are not looking for the visible geez, is that how my mind work this days? Hehehe. Happy Heart day to you! And I see the celtic cross too, awesome! Thanks for the visit.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for sharing those pictures! I love all those hearts found in nature! You have quite the eye!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ich wünsche dir auch einen schönen Valentinstags-Abend...
    Liebe Grüße, Karin

    ReplyDelete
  21. thanks for joining us with your beautiful ♥ pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy Valentine's Day to you and Bud
    We love the stone Bud found quite a conversation piece getting folks to find the hearts.

    Hugs Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...well, he brought it home, but I think it's still out in the garage to be cleaned. A conversation piece indeed. LOL

      Delete
  23. Happy Valentine's Day to you and Bud, dear Anni! I'm just loving those "hearts" you found in your pictures, I could see them all at once too!! That stone is amazing. Yes, isn't funny what we take pictures of now due to blogging. LOL Gotta love it:-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know....back just a few years ago, people would think we were 'off our rockers' taking photos of such oddities such as a weed.

      Delete
  24. Love all those hearts. My favourite is the one in the rose. Happy Valentine's day!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow! I saw the cross before I even read your caption! How weird is that?? This was a really cool post for V-Day, Anni.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I found the hearts in yesterday's post, nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great hearts, a perfect post for the day. And Happy Valentines Day!

    ReplyDelete
  28. beautiful rose flower :-) Visiting late from Ruby Tuesday 2, hope that you can return the visit too.

    http://www.adventurousjessy.com/2012/02/red-hearts-jelly.html

    ReplyDelete

.