my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out
Black and White Background courtesy of free backgrounds




RIDDLE: Something's hidden...yet, quite visible


DURANTA in backyard corner


HIDDEN TURTLE beneath the duranta
[no, this is not part of my 'riddle'] see below in my Monday Morsels for a 'clue'



PS...DON'T GIVE AWAY THE ANSWER IN COMMENTS THO
...just wait 'til tomorrow to see if you're correct in your guessing.


CONNECTED TO: Macro Monday and Mellow Yellow [linked buttons on BOTTOM of blog page]
ALSO LINKING TO:
studio waterstone

- - -




MONDAY MORSELS

When I opened my email early Sunday morning, one in particular from Erik, informed me that Whitney Houston was dead. I didn't want to believe it....yet, in the back of my mind, I wasn't in much shock. Her past drug history kept me from not believing his email entirely. While the cause of death has not yet been revealed as of Sunday's Yahoo write-up, one can only wonder whether it was drug-related, or perhaps alcohol --she was shown partying after the Grammy rehearsal. Another online article stated she had drowned in the hotel's bathtub. Guess speculation is part of being human, but all will be made concrete or the 'cause' will be only after autopsy. Anyone who remembers Houston's early work and the impact of her beautiful voice; her songs and the beautiful music she created, we can only be saddened by her death. I remember I still have a VHS of her movie, THE BODYGUARD...I loved that movie. And the song...I Will Always Love You. Not often does a song come across that'll make you cry, feel good, and still linger for hours after you hear it. With her most recent strife over the past years; living with her drug addiction and oftentimes finding her in rehab ---may she now have peace.


...on a 'happier' note---
Stay Tuned!! Tuesday I will reveal the 'something visibly hidden'. Curious? I just know your chompin' at the bit to find out what lays [or is the term, lies] in store -*hint: seasonal; in ONE of the above macro images. hehehehehe Oh and I spent a good deal of a most recent afternoon attempting to figure out why my drop down menu for my links to my sketches and art wasn't working. Go Figure, the browser I dislike the most; Internet Explorer...it worked just fine. But after I tried to add the link to my newest Lighthouse sketch...in Firefox; my browser of preference, it only showed links up to a sketch I did of my son, Erik as a child, and none after that!!! I scanned all the coding/html...everything worked in IE8--why didn't it work in FF10? Had me puzzled. Finally, I resorted to going to Google and searched Firefox Forums. Still no help. I then, copied all the code, and pasted it in notepad...deleted the old dropdown and repasted it "new" in the page elements for Blogger....it came up MUCH differently in Firefox this time---the list was entire, but with Erik's sketch link, right behind it was my Abe Lincoln text...so, I found the problem and went into re-search the coding. Lo and behold, I left out one lousy quote mark around the Abe Lincoln link's url. Now, it's working properly and all my links are listed instead of just 1/3 of them. In ALL browsers!!! Oh the messes I get myself into...it 'BLOGGLES' the mind.






Ms. Houston's image borrowed from CBS News
no infringement intended

37 comments :

  1. Replies
    1. Ya, but he's not part of the riddle. Thanks for dropping by.

      Delete
    2. Well Hootin Anni, I love your site! Hmmm... still lookin' for the hidden item - am assuming you'll reveal? Enjoy the week!

      Delete
    3. Patricia...yes, stay tuned, tomorrow I will reveal the something 'seasonal' that is hidden yet very visible!!!

      Delete
    4. Well I'm back because I'm of a curious nature.... and I think I might have spotted it! Don't want to post here though, to spoil it for other lookers. Will see if I can email you with my guess.

      Delete
    5. Patricia I like your style!!!

      Delete
  2. There appears to be something with eyes - something very small - appearing above the 2nd "N" in your watermark...nice teaser!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good guess....but, wrong. LOL

      Delete
  3. in your top picture on the left, it looks like you have my yorkie peeking out from under the leaves. Do you have a dog that likes to be in the photos??? Not very seasonal though. Could it be as obvious as there are flowers and spring is coming..... soon I hope.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Something hiding on the top right, underneath the flowers?? (kind of a pale green & yellow colour)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, you had me searching and peering at your pictures for a long time, but I guess I'll just have to wait, Anni. I can't figure it out: seasonal but hidden in plain sight? Could it be the flowers are edible or something like that? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I heard this week-end that several friends have gone to a new browser by Google, but can't think of the name right now. My techie guru says it's much more stable.

    Anxious for the riddle answer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure I even like that...Google Plus. I'm not a 'fraternity' type person. I tried it and then went back to the old format.

      Delete
    2. Then again, Dawn...maybe you're talking about Google Chrome. Been there, done that....still like Firefox better.

      Delete
  7. Yippee Mom and I see the hidden seasonal item!! MOL Anni you have an excellent eye to capture it just for us.
    Hugs Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shhhhhh, don't say it outloud. Just whisper in my ear for now.

      Delete
  8. Nice shot of those beautiful flowers...I looked n looked..but nothing hidden came into my view!
    I am sad to hear of whitney Houstons death...too young! I have to say though...I love Dolly Partons version of "I will always love you" better.. even though she wrote n recorded it..it never became a big hit for her until Whitney recorded it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well then, return in the a.m. tomorrow...it'll be revealed in 'grand' style.

      Delete
  9. I may be old, but I am still darn hard headed. Am determined to find this thing you have right under my eye which I cannot see. See 2 turtles. I will not peek tomorrow until I am convinced beyond a shadow of doubt I cannot figure it out on my own. genie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, if you do find it...make sure not to reveal what/where it is ----Shhhhh!!!!

      Delete
  10. Gorgeous shot. I love the top one most.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I see it I see it! . . .Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope...You were right on your guess...but I deleted part of your post 'cause it was giving it away for all the others who may want to look for it.

      Delete
    2. Anni, That's completely fine. I wasn't sure if you wanted it said or not. Thanks for correcting for me!

      Delete
    3. Just didn't want you to be upset that I edited your comment. Thanks.

      Delete
  12. Beautiful pictures. I had to go back to the top one to see the turtle. I love how he seems to come out of hiding as you scroll down. I won't even begin to guess on your surprise in the photo, but I can't wait to find out what it is.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You got me with your riddle do not know the answer ^_^ Happy Heart Day!

    Canada

    ReplyDelete
  14. beautiful photo on top - the colors are gorgeous!
    i will be checking back tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anni, I say it's your seasonal watermark...it's almost invisible, but I found it! No...not it? Damn.

    ReplyDelete
  16. My cousin bought a terrapin when his daughter was born. 5 years on, it died. they are very sad.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeus!!

    Whitney is a big loss in music industry.

    Please come and see my yellow entry. Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Not sure what's hidden but the colors are just beautiful.

    Happy Macro Monday Anni!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You make me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy to be here
    lovely blog

    http://lunatic.skynetblogs.be

    ReplyDelete
  21. cute little turtle :-) Visiting late from MYM, hope that you can return the visit too.

    http://www.adventurousjessy.com/2012/02/catching-up-some-tickets-inside-the-ticket-buster.html

    ReplyDelete
  22. Is that a real turtle?

    Visiting for MYM- hope you can stop by:)

    http://www.cassandrasminicorner.com/2012/02/pickled-cucumber.html

    ReplyDelete

.